Photo

Duloxetine In The Evening? Would It Interrupt My Sleep?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joecinsf

joecinsf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA
  • why_joining:
    I can't stop Cymbalta alone! Joining here for help, information and support.

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:45 PM

I did a post a few days ago. The topic name is "Need Advice for Tapering Cymbalta. Is tapering a month at a time too long?" dated Nov. 1, 2014.

One thing I for got to ask was this. I sometimes feel terrible all day long after doing my 100mg of Duloxetine and 20mg of Prozac. Does it matter what time of day to take the pills? I have been tempted to try it at night, thinking I could sleep through the withdrawals. I'm afraid the dosage might be too anti-sleep or too activating. Does anyone have any advise on this subject?

I'd love to hear more thoughts on my first post but if anyone could at least give advise on this topic, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank everyone!

Attached Files

#2 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:22 PM

hey there!

taking at night is not recommended - even though i was a good sleeper while on the C it would keep me up if i took it before bed. i always took it in the morning. since withdrawal can mess with your sleep anyway, i don't recommend taking it at night while tapering either. however, that's just my personal experience

as for a month at a time...

there are others on this forum that can give better advice on a tapering by % schedule - i'll look for a link and if i find it i'll post it here 

#3 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:26 PM

i guess one suggestion is 5% from 30 mg in one month - but if at anytime you feel unstable, stop reducing at that point and keep the same dose until you feel stable again

however, here is a thread about "bead counting" that may shed some light on your strategy.

https://www.cymbalta...g-how-to-do-it/

most folks don't have the financial resources or insurance coverage to get a lot of different size doses to combine as they taper or rely on compounding services

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users