#1 Amybc7

Amybc7

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:21 PM

It's with mixed emotions that I share that I have been a month without Cymbalta.  It's so strange to feel a vacant spot where so much of my energy was consumed the last six months.

I was down to my final beads and suddenly I wasn't well.  The anxiety was worse and I could slowly feel the depression sneaking in. My doctor and I had discussed "therapeutic doses" and I found myself in that position once again of asking "Is this me or withdrawal?"  We chose me.

She put me back on a small (20 mg) dose of Prozac and a prescription of Ativan (0.5 mg).  I've had great results with both of these before so I felt good about this decision.  I was taking control.  

Then all hell broke lose.  Despite my positive experience with Prozac before, they think I had a negative reaction to it.  After a series of Urgent Care visits, an ER trip, and two days hospitalized - plus immediate stopping of the Prozac and Ativan - I survived it.  All of it.  

I'm doing great!  I did get a prescription for the nausea which helped so much (Promethazine for those of you keeping track!)!  They took away the benzos - which I happily waved away - and gave me Hydroxyzine - which I love!  I've seldom needed it, but if I do it doesn't come with the side effects of the Ativan.  

I start counseling (ugh...again) next week for the depression which still creeps around but isn't significant.

I'm doing this!  There is still work to be done but it's a process.  

In all sincerity, I could not have done this without all of you.  Thank you....for sharing your stories, for offering advice, and validating me every step of the way.  Thank you.

#2 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:17 PM

Congratulations, Amy!

Wow, you really have been working at this and with such positive results - wonderful! :D (Sorry about your trips to the ER and hospital, tho)

I'm so happy that you have found the right meds for you and that you are finally in control - and with the therapy, you'll be getting the best!  We have another member on the Promethazine - I had never heard of it, but that's nothing new!

I'm still on the Alprazolam and Hydrocodone...

Great job, Amy!  Please don't leave us!  Keep us posted on your progress!! :)

Liz :hug:

#3 ZappAlta

ZappAlta

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:35 AM

Thanks for the update Amy :hug:

#4 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:09 PM

Amy, so happy for you.

Trial and error, what a negative experience you had with two meds.

Starts positive and ends badly. That is hard to take.

And you made it through. Nice to see you so positive!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users