Photo

So How Long Does The Muscle Aches/pain Last?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 downtongirl

downtongirl

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:20 PM

They really hit me about 2 weeks after my last Cymbalta pill....I was then on Elavil for 4 months because we thought it was a fibro flare....now off of Elavil a week and I hurt like crazy....Tylenol is my best friend right now....I was diagnosed with fibro last December but was never sure that is what it was...now I am even more confused...do muscle aches from Cymbalta last for several weeks or even months?  Thanks in advance!

#2 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:43 PM

downtongirl,

In answer to your question, yes the muscle aches and pains during withdrawal/discontinuation can last several months.  Really depends on the person, since we are all different.  However, I think those who do not have fibro have been plagued with those aches as well.

I agree, sometimes it is hard to tell, but if Elavil was helping you, I would suggest you get a refill!

Be well,

Liz

#3 downtongirl

downtongirl

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:45 PM

Sorry...was only on Elavil for 4 weeks....I want to be med free but just don't know if it is fibro or withdrawals....what do you suggest besides Elavil for pain....something non prescription

#4 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:53 PM

I, too, wanted to be med free, but remember what ThisMoment always said...the most important thing is quality of life - on or off meds makes no difference.  I always think of this and have decided that the Hydrocodone certainly improves MY quality of life with less pain.  I may take it or something similar the rest of my life if needed.

You might try Ibuprofen if you are looking for OTC pain relief.  That may help...

#5 downtongirl

downtongirl

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:58 PM

Thanks....I have developed tinnitus about 1 1/2 years ago and don't want to take anything to make that worse and nsaids are listing as being ototoxic....have you ever tried Elavil?

#6 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:09 PM

Not that I remember...I have taken many different pain meds over all of these years!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users