Photo

Does Anyone Know How Does One Use Prozac To Help With Cymbalta Withdrawals?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joecinsf

joecinsf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA
  • why_joining:
    I can't stop Cymbalta alone! Joining here for help, information and support.

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:38 PM

For Example: Is there schedule showing how much Prozac to use with Cymbalta? I started tapering 120mg by decrease the dose by 10mg per month. I am at 100mg. it was not, except for the anxiety, headaches and felling drained. I started 20mg Prozac. It was no help, then I added 10mg. The rest is below.

I know there is much conversation about Prozac helping Cymbalta withdrawals. What I can't find is what dose of Prozac to take while being on 90mg Cymbalta. When I decrease 10mg Cymbalta, let's say a 30 day duration, do I increase the Prozac. By how much? Does anyone have any idea how much Prozac I need as as I taper Cymbalta. Three months ago I started tapering 10mg per month. I told myself that I was would not proceed 10mg if I have not "stabilized" on the current dose I was on at the time. There were wild but tolerable withdrawals. Although, my activity level dropped and the first three weeks for 10mg taper I did not leave the house. Anxiety and headaches would follow, for the most part. After reading about Prozac helping with the withdrawals, I asked my doctor to prescribe it for me. At first, he prescribed 20mg of Prozac. I was at 100mg Cymbalta by then. After 30 days I told him the Prozac did not seem to be working. He thought increasing the dose would help. He increased it 10mg. Is this the right way to use Prozac to taper off Cymbalta? Is the trick to avoid or lessen the Cymbalta withdrawals by increasing the Prozac as you decrease the Cymbalta? Is there a limit on how much Prozac to use?

I really am at a loss here. My doctor is not sure. I'm going bonkers! But right now, four days ago I tapered 10mg of Cymbalta and started, 30mg Prozac. I feel ok during the day, but no fail, by late afternoon, my gut gets buzzing, like anxiety was taking over. I call it the "scared little boy feeling".  When I was a kid, when I got scared, I would feel it in my gut.(Does anyone relate to that?) And I get some dark thoughts too and that scares me. Then I reach for the Xanax 2-4mg, which relieves it to a point.

The point of my post is: How do you use Prozac to help with Cymbalta withdrawals? I am wondering if anyone has a dosing schedule for how much Prozac to take while tapering Cymbalta. It makes sense to increase one while you decrease the other. At this moment, I'm on 90mg Cymbalta vs 30mg Prozac, with an ideal duration to be 30 days. All my tapering is planned to be 30 apart.

If anyone has a schedule for each tapering on Cymbalta. I've tried the bead counting. It is so tedious. I don't have the patience. I bought a scale too but those little beads are hard to manage.

Any help or suggestions? This is going to be a long ride. I figure I will be doing this until September 2015!

Thanks for you help and consideration. I know there are a lot of people out there with the same problem and I wish you all the best in your journey.

#2 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:23 PM

Hi Joe,

I wish I could be of more help here, but I can remember other members talking about using Prozac during withdrawal.  I have never taken the med, so have no info to give you.  I just hope that one of these members will see your post and jump on here to help you out.

The only thing I know is that it takes a while for the Prozac to upload into your system.  By this, I mean 3 or more weeks, if I remember correctly.

I'm so sorry that I can't be of more help...

Good luck and please keep posting - someone will see this!

Liz

#3 ZappAlta

ZappAlta

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:58 AM

I recall someone posting a site called Healing well from Depression -perhaps you may find info there or google cross tapering to get off Cymbalta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users