2 replies to this topic

#1 finallycomingoff

finallycomingoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:07 PM

H everyone,

I am really excited to post here because I feel I have finally figured out how to come off Cymbalta (after many failed attempts), without feeling completely awful and going crazy. I am on day 5 of a very slow wean. I know that I have to go very slowly because I want to get it right, I need to be able to function during my day and I know that the brain can't change itself over night and needs time to adjust. So I am giving myself 4 months. What I figured out works for me is a daily dose of 1,000mg Vitamin D3 (apparently helps brains that are prone to depression) and 2,500 mg of Omega 3 fish oil twice a day for the brain zaps - and for me this REALLY WORKS!! - I couldn't believe it. I take 2 omega 3 pills with breakfast and by lunch time I start to get ringing in my ears (which starts before the brain zaps start happening) and need another dose which then lasts me through the rest of the day. I am so stoked that the omega 3 works because I could not do this if I was having to deal with the zaps.

So here is my 4 month/16 week plan: Once a week on a Friday I am taking out 5 beads, and then maintaining that dosage until next Friday. (Yes- VERY slow taper). I am going to do this for 4 weeks (= 20- beads). Then for the next 8 weeks I will remove 10 beads once a week and maintain that dose through the week. ( -80 beads for a total of -100 beads). Then for the final 4 weeks I will remove 20 beads a week (-80 beads for a total of -180) and then stop when I get to the final 20. 

My thought is to start out at a slower taper to get my brain used to the initial drop off until I get to lower doses and then go a little quicker from there.

I also saw a post about taking apple cider vinegar to help so I will put that into my daily routine too and see if it helps.

Wish me luck!

#2 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:35 AM

Welcome fco!

We're happy you found this wonderful forum! 

Many here have used the tapering method, but I am not one of them....  I am an 11 month cold turkey survivor, so cannot help you with what sounds like a wonderful plan!  Since you have tried getting off this poison before, I can see that you have put a lot of thought into this! 

Good luck!!

Please keep us posted - and feel free to ask any questions or come back to rant if you need to!

Liz

#3 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:26 PM

FCO,

Just saw your post, 2 weeks late, sorry.

Wondering how you are doing with your plan. Come in any time, and let us know how you feel at the moment.

And I am sorry that you did not get more feed-back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users