9 replies to this topic

#1 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:07 PM

I get the impression that the wave-like intermittent resurgence of pain-- muscle, joint, headache, fibro-like generalized pain-- is a constant within discontinuation from antidepressants.

Any thoughts on this?

#2 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:47 PM

I believe you are so right on this one , thismoment! The back pain was very difficult to deal with in early withdrawals! I am finding that most any thing, be it a cold, physical exhaustion, and the Graves Disease that I was FINALLY diagnosed with brings back that back pain, just not as bad. Am I nuts or is all this physical stuff with the Graves associated with the Cymbalta? I have even allowed myself to think about going on another anti-d. The anxiety and depression just gets to me at times. The thought of going back on something just scares the crap outta me! I am glad I have an answer to what's been going on, but the "fix" is not a quick one. As with the anti-ds, the meds I was put on takes 6-8 weeks to kick in fully. Sometimes I feel as if I'm hanging by  a very thin thread! God bless us all! love and hugs and thanks to all my forum friends for being here for me!!!! :wacko:

#3 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a zombie of too long.
    I want a life!

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:11 PM

I know it is true for me. I have pain in most every joint.

I have been diagnosed with mixed connective disease. It is an autoimmune disease that has components of several autoimmune diseases. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia due to painful pressure points years ago. This is why I started taking Cymbalta. I didn't have MCTD back then. my only abnormal blood work to support an autoimmune disease was positive ANA and high C reactive protein. I now test positive for Anti-RNP, the antibody that is associated with MCTD .

Has anyone else developed an autoimmune disease or have a new one added to an existing one, while taking Cymbalta?

Just wondering if there is a connection.

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:21 PM

FDA says that only 0.09% report an autoimmune disease while taking Cymbalta. Not much.

#5 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I want a life!

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:22 PM

Guess I'm the 0.09%

:angry:

#6 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:32 PM

So sorry, Renee..

That's like me being in the .04% who develop anxiety while taking Magnesium.  Sheesh! :(

Are you still taking the CuraMed?  or if not, was it not helping any more?

In answer to your question, I have developed extreme pain in my lower right back and left middle of my back that was never there before or during the C.  Don't know if it caused this -  really have no way of knowing.  It seems we all come out with more than we had before this poison drug.  I never had pain like this...

#7 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:37 PM

Clara,

Thanks for updating us on your test results.  I'm not happy with the findings, but at least you should be put on something to help ease the symptoms. Has your Dr. come up with anything for you to try?

I hope that you will soon be feeling better. 

#8 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I want a life!

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:11 PM

TFl I do still take the CuraMed. I can't imagine the amount of pain I would be in without it.

#9 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:12 PM

20 mgs of Methimazole daily... As usual some possible side effects. Just hope my head doesn't fall off! :P We'll see in a few weeks! I'm just tired of being tired! God bless y'all! :hug:

#10 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:24 PM

Renee,

I'm with you there... :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users