23 replies to this topic

#1 theanxietychick

theanxietychick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • why_joining:
    After taking 30 mg Cymbalta for 4 years, I ran out of medication on 1/30/2015. Since then I have experienced a variety of withdrawal symptoms, and I am eager to lean on a community of people with similar experiences to help me persevere through this period of discontinuation.

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:27 AM

Hello, this is my first time posting here. I have only read through a few of the threads, so I'm sorry in advance if this is a topic that has already been discussed.

I have been taking 30 mg of Cymbalta daily since 2010 to manage generalized anxiety disorder. (At one point, I did take 60 mg, but I weaned down to 30 mg to save more money). I ran out of my medicine on 1/30/2015 because the online pharmacy I go through was late in delivering my shipment. Instead of going to urgent care, I decided to stick it out and see if I could manage. 

The withdrawal symptoms were not surprising, since I had missed doses before and experienced the dizziness, brain zaps, irritability, etc. I managed to plow through the first 3 weeks in spite of the arduous physical symptoms. They are still present sometimes, but they are MUCH less intense than they were during the first 2 weeks. I think what helped get me through the physical stuff was the fact that I was handling my emotions/anxiety okay. I figured, hey - as long as it's physical and it's not an example of a resurfacing of my anxiety disorder, I can get through this. 

Not so much anymore. The 4th week has been a nightmare of mood swings, irritability, and worst of all spontaneous bouts of tears. 

Sometimes the crying is genuine. I just feel frustrated and sad and I need some way to release the pent-up emotion.

But sometimes it just spurts out of nowhere, for absolutely no reason. And it can be really extreme and unnecessary. For example, my mother was joking with me earlier that she pretty much counted on outliving my dad. We were just lightly making fun of his meat n' potatoes diet; this was not a serious or morbid conversation at all. Then nearly twelve hours later, when I'm lying in bed with my spouse, just before turning off the lights for the day and going to sleep, I burst into tears because I can't stand the thought of my mother dying while I'm still alive. 

Sometimes it's also the result of stress. Last Friday, I got so frustrated with the number of new assignments I was getting, I ended up going into my boss' office and choking up. I was ticked because when I ended up delegating some work to my teammates, they didn't complete the assignments with proper care or attention to detail. My boss was sympathetic (probably because I approached the issue from an angle of efficiency), but I know she was a little taken aback by my unexpected outburst. She doesn't know either a) that I've been taking a drug for anxiety or B) that I'm now off that drug and experiencing withdrawal. I've been doing my best to hide the symptoms, but I can tell they do surface sometimes while I'm at work. Even after spazzing out at my boss, at the end of my workday after everybody else had left, I laid my head down on my desk and started to cry again. I'm terrified that if this keeps up I won't be able to handle my job any longer. As the sole provider for my household and a spouse recovering from spinal surgery, this is not an option. 

The crying can be a relief because it alleviates this sense of pressure/weight I have on my chest. On the other hand, I am also worried that the pressure in my chest IS daily anxiety welcoming itself back into my life after several years of numbness. I'm sure some of it has to do with the discontinuation of Cymbalta. But I'm also scared that some of it might just be GAD coming back to say, "Hello, I'm still here. I've just been hanging out quiet & dormant while you've fogged up your head with this medication." 

Has anyone else experienced crying spells during their Cymbalta withdrawal? How long did you have them? Was there anything you could do to prevent the build up or alleviate things? Did they eventually get better or go away? 

#2 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:56 AM

Welcome anxietychick!

We're happy that you have found us!  You will receive much helpful, caring support from the wonderful people here.

I am sorry that you are going through this horrible cold turkey withdrawal. I understand completely as I jumped off 60mg cold turkey in Jan. of 2014.  It has been one hell of a year!

Yes, the crying is definitely a part of it - we have all experienced it and since we are all different, it is hard to say how long this will last.  For some, it is only a month or so...  For me, it lasted much longer but then I found that when I was off that crap drug, my feelings became more intense.  The numbing was over.  I have always been sensitive, but now it seems that this is more than ever.  The poison seems to have changed me in many ways - not for the better, either.

You are experiencing all of the cold turkey withdrawal symptoms, and I commend you for being able to work while going through this.  I know that isn't easy, but as you say, you are the sole provider at this point, so I understand.  I know it must be extremely difficult to try to hide all of this when at work.

I'm sure that you are much younger than I and with that, want to mention that those of us over the age of 50 have a much harder and longer withdrawal it seems.  Also the length of time that one has been on the drug seems to play a role. 

The mood swings will start to fade in time and you should start to see a few hours of improvement at a time at about 2 months.  These hours eventually become days - a good day here and there and then a few in a row.  There is much up and down here.  There is a method to get off this crap called bead counting, but you have been off for what - a month now?  I don't think that you want to try to reinstate and then bead count down.  You have come this far and may as well ride it out.

It really will get better...   I know that it is difficult to have patience at this time, but you must.  I hope that you will soon see some good hours.  Please remember to be kind to yourself - I know that's the hardest thing to do, but remember that you did not plan this and it is the absence  of the drug causing this.  Are you able to talk to your boss in order to explain what is going on with you?  I would hope that you would receive some understanding.  This is not an easy thing to do.

Are you having problems with anxiety?  Many have used benzos (Xanax, Valium, etc.).  I used/use Alprazolam (Xanax) and it has helped immensely.  If you need this, your Dr. can give you a RX.  Some don't want to take a benzo and have found that Benadryl can be helpful for both anxiety and sleep.

Please come back with any questions, to rant or whatever you need to do.  We are here for you and want to help!

Liz   

#3 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:31 AM

Hi theanxietychick

Welcome! FWIW I used to be theanxietyguy.

I agree with Liz.

What you are experiencing is pretty normal for a month off Cymbalta; this is standard withdrawal. As you've noted, ". . . things are MUCH less intense than they were during the first two weeks." It will continue to slowly diminish.

The crying is part of withdrawal too, and I understand how unsettling it is. When you are in a safe place and the crying starts, let it go-- don't try to stifle it-- just let it wring out all the way to the bottom; let it exhaust you and leave you spent. I assure you further episodes will be fewer and further between. There is a cleansing and freeing element to letting it wash over you-- it's part of you, accept it; let it in.

The GAD or something like it will appear during withdrawal and you need to find a way to keep it down-- either with a benzo or hydroxyzine. Is this the old GAD returning or is this something new??? This is the hard part-- you don't know and your doctor won't know either-- but he or she will likely whip out the prescription pad when you describe the symptoms. You have to hang on for about 6 months and then assess where you're at.

Right now the withdrawal symptoms are strong, and of course they will influence your decisions-- try not to make any decisions about what psychiatric drugs you think you might need. If it is at all possible, hang on for those months, keep the anxiety down and see where you're at after 6 months.

You have to tie yourself to the metaphorical mast until you've sailed past the siren song of withdrawal (from Ulysses).

Take care.

#4 theanxietychick

theanxietychick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • why_joining:
    After taking 30 mg Cymbalta for 4 years, I ran out of medication on 1/30/2015. Since then I have experienced a variety of withdrawal symptoms, and I am eager to lean on a community of people with similar experiences to help me persevere through this period of discontinuation.

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:34 PM

Dear Liz & thismoment (aka theanxietyguy)

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my message. I can't tell you how much of a relief it was for me to read your thoughts.  

I did notice bead counting mentioned in a few of the other threads here. I think if I hadn't gone cold turkey a month ago, this is definitely a technique I would have tried. It just boggles my mind that the producers of this stupid drug never came up with a serious discontinuation plan.

I think I was overly optimistic when I decided that I was finally going to stop taking the pills, because I genuinely thought it would only take me a couple weeks to detox. Knowing now that it could be several months before my body finds its balance and regular chemistry again is actually reassuring. I realize that it's a longer process and I need to be patient. While I am relatively young (26 yo), I have been on the drug for 4 years... and I remember even when I started taking Cymbalta it was a couple months before I felt like it was really in my system. I guess it only makes sense that it would be a couple months before it was really out of my system. 

I am still open to perhaps another medication (like a benzo or Xanax or even benadryl), but for the time being I remain cautious. I think I'm going to try and reach that 6-month mark before making a decision to try something new. We'll see. 

In the meantime, I am going to take both of your advice and try to hang onto those good moments, even when they're far and few between. They may not be as often as I like right now, but they are there. I do smile and even laugh at least a couple times a day. 

This is a wonderful community. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to read through other people's stories and to share my own. I wasn't expecting a response so quickly to my post. It really did give me a sense of relief today, knowing that I'm not alone. Thank you so much again.  :hug:

~theanxietychick 

#5 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:31 AM

Hi again!

Thankfully you are so young - this may be over sooner!  

Should the anxiety get the best of you (and it can), just remember that the benzos or Benadryl (over the counter) are always there for you.  TM mentioned the hydroxyzine which I didn't even know about when I was going through this hell, but it would be a good choice, as there is no withdrawal from it.  You need a RX for it however.

The best of luck to you and hang in there!  We're here for you if you need us!

#6 Sis

Sis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • why_joining:
    Cold-Turkey after 8 years on the stuff, final couple of years at 120mg.I AM MAD AND SCARED. But, this community helps.

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:51 PM

I have experienced various withdrawl symptoms as time as progressed, but at 4 months since a forced cold-turkey discontinuation, I am more depressed than I have ever been. Tears well up for no reason. But, it seems natural that when we tear up our brains rummage around for a reason, of which there are plenty.

It is very, very difficult to remind ourselves that this too shall pass, but this site is a good place to turn to when our own reminders are too quiet to hear.

#7 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:40 PM

Welcome Sis!

I understand about the nasty crying spells.  They are definitely uncontrollable and you need to let all the tears out until you feel exhausted.  I had them very frequently and occasionally still do even after 14 months off, but they are now much further apart and of shorter duration.  I have come to realize that they are associated with great beauty, or thoughts of beauty, total frustration or extreme sadness.  I am not sure that they will ever totally go away, but if that is the worst that I am left with, I suppose I should consider myself lucky.

I commend you on the cold turkey as it is certainly the hardest way to go.  How long were you on the C.?  I also will add the length of time on it and your age (the younger you are, the easier it seems to be) as us older ones (over the age of 50) seem to have a much harder time.

Please come back to ask any questions you may have or just to vent - we have all done it!  This is a very safe place and no one will judge you!  We are all here for you and will be rooting you on!

Liz

#8 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a zombie of too long.
    I want a life!

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:14 PM

Hi Sis

I am 4 months off too and my eyes have been pouring out the tears lately. I usually have dry eye syndrome so my crying is not usually noticeable but lately my crying has left me with a wet face.

I quit taking the Crap because I was sick of feeling like a zombie meaning in a fog and indifferent to most things going on around me. Now that I have been off the drug my emotions have been working in full force as if trying to make up for lost time. I have been very depressed and thought it was more than I could handle. I even considered going back on anti D's to go back to my old zombie state as it is easier to deal with than feeling EVERYTHING so intensely.... Then today I realized (through the help of my forum friends) that it is better to feel than to be numb. The pain and depression are no fun but without feelings, there are no great times either.

I reminded myself that all emotions are a sign that I am getting better. I would rather live with emotions than die in my chair in a fog as the world goes on around me.

I hope you can find something each day to break the tears. They will become less as more time passes.

Hang in there. :hug:  

#9 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:48 AM

Welcome, Sis!

I don't get here to post much these days, as I've been able to get back to work (I lost almost all of last year to crapalta withdrawal) ... but I stopped in here today, and your post was the first one I read ... and DWC's, and TFL's ... and ... I started crying ... because I remembered that last year, right about this time, I went into my "crying phase" ...

It shocked me at first ... because during the 7-8 years I'd been on Cymbalta, I never ever cried ... I didn't really genuinely laugh, either ... I didn't feel anything ... and then, off the crap (cold turkey as of 12/4/2013), suddenly the emotional damn burst ... it was totally out of control at first ... good ol' serotonin regulates our emotions, and without the artificial control of Cymbalta, all hell broke loose ... I went from hysterical crying to hysterical laughing, with no stopping at the midpoint, for a couple of months ... and then it moderated and became more "normal" (umm, what is "normal," anyway? hehehhee) ...

and now, I still cry easily ... touched by a movie ... cry ... see a beautiful flower ... cry ... read posts by my dear friends TFL and DWC and you... cry ...

and, I laugh easily ...

I'm alive ... and you, Sis and DWC (congrats on 4 months, DWC !!!! Yay!!!) are waking up and becoming alive again, too ...

and I am so grateful ... the hell of last year was worth it ... like being in labor, to give birth to myself, for 12 freakin' months ... but all worth it ...  :D

#10 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:54 AM

FN,

I'm outta 'likes' again, but love your post!

So good to see you here again! :D

#11 theanxietychick

theanxietychick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:19 PM

Hello again everyone! I'm so grateful to hear more of your stories; they are deeply comforting. I feel so much less alone in my experience. I am on Month 3 now, completely off Cymbalta. I'm doing okay for the most part. I do feel a wider swing of emotions now, which is hard because sometimes I feel a little out of control. For example, today it was beautiful and sunny outside - so I went to the library and got a lemonade. But then out of nowhere I started crying because, even on such a beautiful, sunny day, I still had this bubble of anxiety that just wouldn't go away. The simple fact that I couldn't just relax on such a stress-free today made me feel like, "I'm never going to be normal. I can't just deal with life like regular people do. I am always going to be an anxious wreck without meds." Because of those creeping thoughts, I have at times considered jumping back on meds. Numbing is easier than feeling like I'm an uncontrollable cry-crazy spazz case. But I've also noticed that I'm a little more courageous when the moment calls for it, I laugh harder at funny jokes, and I'm more creative than I've been in a quite a while. Sometimes it may be hard for me to acknowledge or see those things because I'm so frustrated and focused on the negative aspects of coming off the medication. For me personally, I need to remind myself of the value of just feeling, even when it's not a perfect, joyful, indelible warm fuzzy feeling. Thanks to you all, I'm still committed to sticking it out until month six. 

#12 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:36 PM

Love your post, Anxietychick!  Sorry, I'm outta likes again...

Keep up the good work and hang in there - I still cry easily after 15 months! :(

#13 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 11:28 PM

theanxietychick

Hi, nice to hear from you!

I love your avatar; I too am a fan of Allie Brosh! Hyperbole and a Half is nearby and I dip into it from time to time.

Congratulations on month 3. Your mood is lifting-- sure, not like a rocket-- but that would be spooky. Rather, it's rising like a spring tide, steady and even. Don't fret the tears. I'm happy your creativity and your courage are being elevated on that rising tide! You're going to be alright.

It always crosses our minds that other people are coping better than we-- and sure, it would be nice to have a med-boost or a med-numbing once in a while-- but everybody struggles, and while you are experiencing these thoughts you are learning to cope, building history, and filling the well.

It's never going to be perfect; perfection is for the comatose. Dedicate a day to looking for the good in situations; identify something for which to be grateful; and finally, find someone to thank for something.

Take care.

#14 ZappAlta

ZappAlta

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:02 AM

Anyone hear from Shady Lady / I miss her humourous posts.  Well now then i will send her a message :mellow:

#15 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:01 AM

Hey Zapp,

Good to hear from you!

Nope, haven't heard anything and I tried a PM too...

#16 ZappAlta

ZappAlta

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:00 AM

TryFl -I had no reply either but im going to think positive on the lines of her moving out and finding better stability in her life.:)

#17 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:11 AM

Hey Zapp! Nice to hear from you.

Yes, I think about Rebecca too, and hopefully we will hear something from her soon.

#18 albergo11

albergo11

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:07 PM

Hello, this is my first time posting here. I have only read through a few of the threads, so I'm sorry in advance if this is a topic that has already been discussed.

I have been taking 30 mg of Cymbalta daily since 2010 to manage generalized anxiety disorder. (At one point, I did take 60 mg, but I weaned down to 30 mg to save more money). I ran out of my medicine on 1/30/2015 because the online pharmacy I go through was late in delivering my shipment. Instead of going to urgent care, I decided to stick it out and see if I could manage. 

The withdrawal symptoms were not surprising, since I had missed doses before and experienced the dizziness, brain zaps, irritability, etc. I managed to plow through the first 3 weeks in spite of the arduous physical symptoms. They are still present sometimes, but they are MUCH less intense than they were during the first 2 weeks. I think what helped get me through the physical stuff was the fact that I was handling my emotions/anxiety okay. I figured, hey - as long as it's physical and it's not an example of a resurfacing of my anxiety disorder, I can get through this. 

Not so much anymore. The 4th week has been a nightmare of mood swings, irritability, and worst of all spontaneous bouts of tears. 

Sometimes the crying is genuine. I just feel frustrated and sad and I need some way to release the pent-up emotion.

But sometimes it just spurts out of nowhere, for absolutely no reason. And it can be really extreme and unnecessary. For example, my mother was joking with me earlier that she pretty much counted on outliving my dad. We were just lightly making fun of his meat n' potatoes diet; this was not a serious or morbid conversation at all. Then nearly twelve hours later, when I'm lying in bed with my spouse, just before turning off the lights for the day and going to sleep, I burst into tears because I can't stand the thought of my mother dying while I'm still alive. 

Sometimes it's also the result of stress. Last Friday, I got so frustrated with the number of new assignments I was getting, I ended up going into my boss' office and choking up. I was ticked because when I ended up delegating some work to my teammates, they didn't complete the assignments with proper care or attention to detail. My boss was sympathetic (probably because I approached the issue from an angle of efficiency), but I know she was a little taken aback by my unexpected outburst. She doesn't know either a) that I've been taking a drug for anxiety or B) that I'm now off that drug and experiencing withdrawal. I've been doing my best to hide the symptoms, but I can tell they do surface sometimes while I'm at work. Even after spazzing out at my boss, at the end of my workday after everybody else had left, I laid my head down on my desk and started to cry again. I'm terrified that if this keeps up I won't be able to handle my job any longer. As the sole provider for my household and a spouse recovering from spinal surgery, this is not an option. 

The crying can be a relief because it alleviates this sense of pressure/weight I have on my chest. On the other hand, I am also worried that the pressure in my chest IS daily anxiety welcoming itself back into my life after several years of numbness. I'm sure some of it has to do with the discontinuation of Cymbalta. But I'm also scared that some of it might just be GAD coming back to say, "Hello, I'm still here. I've just been hanging out quiet & dormant while you've fogged up your head with this medication." 

Has anyone else experienced crying spells during their Cymbalta withdrawal? How long did you have them? Was there anything you could do to prevent the build up or alleviate things? Did they eventually get better or go away? 

This all seems perfectly normal to me and a good sign that you're feeling emotions at all.  Just keep hangin in there, eventually your brain will return to baseline, but it's impossible to say how long this will take.  Overall, your symptoms seem to be VERY mild for being off for such a short amount of time.  It might seem like a frustration, but cymbalta is an extremely powerful drug (in spite of what your doctors may have told you), and so mood swings and "restabilization" periods like this are inevitable. 

If this were me, I'd expect my baseline anxiety and depression to eventually return.  If you had GAD before going on cymbalta, you'll have it again when you get off.

#19 scared60

scared60

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • why_joining:
    Had a scary incident, now thinking of getting off Cymbalta. I came for advice, support and friendship.

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:29 PM

I haven't been here in a while.  Have been just trying to hang in there, you know?  Anyway, I've gone down from 60 to 20 mg, been at 20 for about a year I guess ... then went to 20 every other day for about 2 wks then stopped last week.  Over the last couple of months I've been all over the place emotionally, but the past 2 wks I've been crying more than ever.  Am disabled through various things so don't have a "job" per se other than domestic duties, yard, etc., but this crying is really zapping me and my pain, even tho on low dose oxycodone is widespread and seems different but the same. 

I come from a long time of criers ... movies defined by a 1 or 2 boxer (tissues) ... so initially i just wrote it off to the genes. but dang, these past couple of weeks have been killer.  have had a lot of deaths in the family and several years ago my son passed.  Can't get over that, can't stop crying but now not on Cymbalta, crying all the time, daily sometimes all day.  who has this many tears?  anyway, I'm sick of the drugs and am going to get off all of them. 

emotionally I'm all over the place, no longer want to take others into consideration.  it's like, I've done that all my life ... but now, I'm just over it.

am shaky disoriented painful sense of smell weird (odor in nose can't define or find source of).  my pa's at the pain clinic are a revolving door, can't seem to keep 'em there.  but have an appointment with pc in a couple of weeks, gona talk to her about things.

have the name of a doc that seems to have had luck with medical marijuana for fibromyalgia treatment, am starting TRX training (exercise program) tomorrow.  have to get energy and have to change my life, because at it stands now ... I'm just taking up space and after 7 years I'm gona get over this ~ come hell or high water!

The spontaneous crying, from what I've read here, it can go away tomorrow or in many years. will just have to keep on keeping on. 

Thanks for listening, being here so I could write this and get it off my chest.

#20 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:49 PM

scared 60,

So happy that you have come back to get help!

First, congratulations on coming down from 60 to 20 - that's a real milestone in itself!

Secondly, you mentioned that you have started taking 20 every other day.  I will tell you that the half life of this crap drug is only 12 hours, so every other day you are putting yourself into cold  turkey withdrawal.  I recognize the signs as I went cold turkey off of 60 in Jan. of 2014 and didn't find this forum until almost a month into it.   I spent one horrible year.

My suggestion is to go back on the 20 until you are stable - should only take a few days or a week.  DO NOT skip any days!  There is a safe and easy way to get off this poison called bead counting.  If you have not read about it here (it is here under How are you Feeling?), then please count the number of beads in your 20 mg capsule and come back to let us know how many there are, and someone here can help you with a schedule to reduce.  This will keep you much more comfortable and does require some patience but you can do it!

Others will hop on here to tell you of their experiences - we have one member who could only increase the beads by one a day but she succeeded and is off the stuff!

I sure relate to the crying as that was a really big thing with me too.  You'll be OK and you are not losing your mind!

Liz

#21 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:33 PM

Hi Scared60

TFL is right about the every other day thing. Worse thing you can do short of cold turkey. From what I have seen on this site the emotional spells (crying, anger, apathy) usually last for about 8 to 12 weeks before they start to fade.

Time and patience.

#22 scared60

scared60

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • why_joining:
    Had a scary incident, now thinking of getting off Cymbalta. I came for advice, support and friendship.

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:13 PM

Thanks tfl & fh for encouragement. Gona just cold turkey off the 20. Have loraza i take along with other stuff, will just take an extra loraza in am. Usually take crapalta in am witb pain med & vits, ill just take my loraza instead.Typing on mobile, so forgive typos! Ill keep posting progress. Its good to have yall here. Thanks!

#23 scared60

scared60

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:56 PM

Still crying and feeling depressed but I don't think it's as bad as it was.  I think that's positive, baby steps.  I take 1/2 loraza (.5 mg) in am, 1/2 around 1:00ish and then take 1/2 before bed around 9:00.  I have notice, in my 2 visits to TRX training :), that I feel a little better. Like I'm doing something for myself, like in control of trying to get well rather than being at the effect of it all.  Of course, that's right at this moment in time; 30 mins from now who knows.  Right this very moment I feel strong and a lot of that feeling right now, right here is being able to share here and now. 

Anyone here tried Welbutrin for depression?  Just curious. 

Hope everyone is doing well and progressing through their withdrawals. 

#24 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:13 PM

Hi scared60,

It's good to hear from you again!

Yep, these horrible things come in waves....in time they will start to fade.  Positive thoughts and days will become more frequent even though at this point you can't imagine that..

I started taking Bupropion (generic Wellbutrin) after about 1 1/2 years off. I couldn't seem to get it together and it has helped enormously.  I feel so much better now.  It took about 6 weeks to take full effect.

We have a member, thismoment, who always said it is the quality of life that matters.  If someone needs medication to get to that point, so be it.

Hang in, friend - it will get better! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users