Photo

Anyone Change To Twice Daily Dosing During Weaning?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Cse70

Cse70

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:55 PM

I have started my weaning off of Cymbalta by counting beads. Today is 19 mg (down from 60 mg) yay! I notice that I have dizziness about two hours before my next dose. It's mild, totally tolerable. Just curious if anyone has split their daily dose to ease symptoms. For example, taking half in the morning and half in the evening. BTW, I have been following these post for the past 3 weeks during my weaning process and I AM SO THANKFUL TO YOU ALL!

#2 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:48 PM

Cse70

Hi and welcome!

Did the dizziness appear immediately following a reducing in the dose?

How long did it take to get from 60 to 19 mg?

Are you reducing in steps 60-50-40-30 mg etc, or by smaller amounts?

Yes some people do split the dosage. Try it and see if your dizziness reduces.

Are you on other medications?

Take care.

#3 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:38 PM

Welcome Cse!

Happy to hear that you have been "lurking" in the background for a while!  I'm sure that you have already seen some of the wonderful and supportive members here..

I wish you the best and please come back if you need help or to keep us updated on your progress!  The "newbies" coming on can learn much from someone who is working on the weaning!

We are here for you - feel free to ask questions, vent or whatever.

Just remember to be kind to yourself!

Liz

#4 Cse70

Cse70

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

God-like,

Thanks for answering....I am one of those 50+ year olds and have been on antidepressants for 25 years. I don't have any reason to be on these meds now (yippee) because I am single, financially secure, and happy. The idiot shrink in the past 6 months tried Celexa, Prestiq, Cymbalta, Abilify, Seroquel, Lamictal in an effort to find out why I was so apathetic. I finally realized that I was being "snowed" by these meds. So, now, Cymbalta is my only medication.

#5 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:01 PM

Welcome Cse70

Yes all antidepressants can take the fun out of life by numbing the emotions. It only makes sense that if you can't feel the lows of life you won't feel the highs either. You have quite a resume of meds there, glad you figured out what you needed to do,

Take care and be well

#6 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:22 PM

Cse,

How is it going? Spit the dose? Looking forward for an update. Please keep posting!

#7 Cse70

Cse70

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:01 PM

Weaning is going great! Slight dizziness (tolerable) and mild headaches. But since I have migraine history, this is nothing. I wonder if my easy weaning is caused by one of the following:
Daily Zyrtec for allergies
Botox for migraines
Off work during this time.

Well, whatever the reason, I am happily optimistic and today I am at 10.5 mg.

Thanks for your support!

#8 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:26 PM

Cse70,

Great and doing pretty good as I can see! As you say, whatever the reason, the important thing is that you are happily optimistic and I am happy for you CSE.

Looking forward for another update, gives hope to others.
Keep it up!

#9 Cse70

Cse70

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:40 PM

Today is my first day antidepressant free since 1989! Thank you to those on this site that have shared your awful withdrawal symptoms so that others may learn...

At 57 years old, I am learning what normal human responses are. Damn the doctors that push these meds without the emotional support needed for depression.

My therapist says this is a golden opportunity to follow my ideals or reinvent myself. I would like in the future to help those whose psychiatrists have used meds instead of counseling and problem solving.

Again, thanks to all..those who suffer and those who've overcome! God bless.

#10 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:53 AM

Cse,

Congratulations!  Well done - isn't it wonderful to "feel" again?  Your life is well on the way to being phenomenal :)

May I suggest that you read the article posted in Cymbalta in the News...  It is eye-opening to read the confessions of a prior drug rep.  The drug-pushers are truly the ones at fault here - both the reps and the Drs.  We only took this crap because we trusted our Dr.  No more!!  I hope that everyone will thoroughly research anything they are considering taking.

Please come back again - either to keep us updated on how your life is going or to help the "newbies" who continue to join us!

All the best to you and your new life :D

Liz  

#11 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:57 AM

Case,

Just read your post and I am happy for you. You seem to be doing quite good. Please come back with further update, as Liz says, this will be a positive for newbies.

#12 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:08 PM

Cse70

Yes I agree with Liz-- good work!

The default mantra of medicine appears to be Relieve the Symptom (and repeat indefinitely). Relieve the symptom can simply mean make it so the patient can no longer articulate his or her anguish.

To a great extent, I think average physicians are duped; psychiatrists, however, are a converted and participating element of Big Pharma-- it's just business.

Those who have survived the psychiatric drug cycle can look at a horrific news story on CNN and identify symptoms and behaviours that most professionals still don't comprehend. Here's an example: a patient taking (or withdrawing from) psychiatric drugs reports vision problems-- aberrations, shadows, and flashes-- and it's diagnosed as 'psychosomatic'. The patient is a professional requiring good eyesight-- but there is no comfort or guidance to be found within the medical wasteland that is the treatment of antidepressant withdrawal.

I am very happy for you; best wishes in your new and excellent adventure!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users