• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:41 PM

I've been taking beNzos on and off for about 6 months. Due to my amazing results on them, even when I take high amounts I seem to be workhorse of the year, I have figured out that my problem is anxiety. But due to benzo side effects and horrible withdrawal symptoms, I was prescribed this. I have basically sat in bed for 2 straight weeks while the doctor keeps telling me to up the dosage. I'm on duloxetine delayed release, and I feel my nerves are more on edge than they have ever been in my entire life. This stuff is actually making my anxiety and depression worse

#2 Flossy

Flossy

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:57 PM

Hi there
That's exactly what happened to me and I didn't even realize it at the time! The higher I went the worse my anxiety got! After reaching a staggering 180 I wanted to come off it! Now on 60, still a way to go, but my anxiety is almost gone! Lucky you are in a state of self awareness, I was just a trusting clueless fool! Watch out also for any hyper mania, it made me go loopy too, drinking, loud, over the top, not my "normal" personality at all! Best of luck 😊

#3 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:25 PM

Hi Captain

That was me on this Crapalta (no this is not a typo but what I think of it). A normally active happy person with some anxiety but nothing serious became more depressed than I had ever been in my life and sat on my couch watching who knows what on TV. Next came the crying and down the line the mix of anxiety and depression which made me feel like I couldn't stand being in my own skin.

I agree with your forum heading " This medication does not help with Anxiety"

And when I stopped taking it my anxiety got worse than it had ever been so be careful if you have been on it for any length of time.

If you have only been on it a couple of weeks then get off while you can without too many side effects.

If you need any help getting off them we are here to help you in any way we can.

Take care of you and be well.

#4 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:16 PM

Captain,

Same here, when I entered the fourth month on only 30mg, the s...hit the fan. Anxiety through the roof, not one single good day in the months that followed. Horrible as it was given to me for anxiety and depressive moods.

Five months in all, ct at 15. It definitely did damage, a lot and for a long long time.

Get off this is all I can say. How long and what dosage? What about the benzos? We will help you with this. Oh man, can I ever relate! So sorry you are going through this.

#5 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 29 December 2016 - 04:31 PM

I've been taking beNzos on and off for about 6 months. Due to my amazing results on them, even when I take high amounts I seem to be workhorse of the year, I have figured out that my problem is anxiety. But due to benzo side effects and horrible withdrawal symptoms, I was prescribed this. I have basically sat in bed for 2 straight weeks while the doctor keeps telling me to up the dosage. I'm on duloxetine delayed release, and I feel my nerves are more on edge than they have ever been in my entire life. This stuff is actually making my anxiety and depression worse

Something old, something new to read for anxiety sufferers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users