Photo

A Possibility Even After Being Off The Poison 13 Months?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:22 PM

Two months ago I underwent a surgical procedure for severe arthritis of my left thumb. (CMC) Joint space was destroyed due to arthritis so much that it was grinding bone on bone....yuck, nasty & I'm a nurse/retired. Lots of pain so much so that I couldn't even ride my horse. Any how I'm 2 months out from that and it's doing quite well. 

I've noticed that I've begun having slight muscular twitches in extremities and a time or two in the torso. In the mean time I've been found to have elevated triglycerides so much that the risk of developing pancreatitis is there. Was prescribed a new fish oil medication....very expensive. I've changed my eating style/habits etc. 

I've also been diagnosed with having Hashimoto's disease. Was hypothyroid for years. Try as they might they can NOT get my thyroid hormone levels where they need to be. The TSH last time when checked was to low to even registrar.  I mean good grief...kwim

I also was found to be deficient in vit D aka the sunshine vitamin but lately down here we have had so much rain with cloudy days that I'm sure my vitamin D is just sitting there waiting on the "sun"....lol My GP did put me on a supplement of vit D though.

These involuntary twitches and having nightmares. I awaken myself sometimes. I've looked and seen large, strange fur covered "creatures" beside my bed and have actually "swatted" at them .... lol Just today during a "nappette" as I was drifting off I was in my mind picking up a pot from the stove with boiling beans in it and jerked my hand away so fast as I dropped it that it scared the crap outta my little 5# chihuahua....lol

Could it be, would it be that this crap drug is STILL bringing me grief or do I have something neurological going on...example: a brain tumor. I'm an old surgical/hospice nurse so death is of no real concern to me. If that makes sense.

Thanks everyone and prayers daily for all here.

TheEquusWoman :hug:

#2 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:01 PM

EW,

I'm so happy that your surgery went well.  I understand the pain as I had surgery on my left foot twice and the osteoarthritis is indeed painful.  Are you and Hershey able to enjoy time together again?

I'm sorry for the other symptoms you are experiencing.  When you ask if it could still be the poison drug after 13 months, I must concur by asking if it can still be after 15 months!  I am and have been having similar symptoms to when I first got off this crap for the past 2 1/2 weeks now.  Mostly it is gut-related - extreme pain and bloating every time I eat and I'm not eating very much. 

I also have been having dreams (not nightmares, yet) for the past 2 1/2 weeks or so as well.  I haven't been dreaming for months up until just recently and they are becoming more and more vivid and occurring almost nightly.

You mentioned pancreatitis and I wonder if that could be a possibility.  It is painful enough to keep me from getting dressed much of the time as I can't stand anything around my middle.  (Sheesh - TMI, perhaps, but that's the way it is!)  Diarrhea is also quite often and this is just not the way I usually am.  I have put off calling the Dr. but can't continue to go on this way.

Yes, I firmly believe that age seems to keep us bound to this horrible stuff - but, like you, I wonder how can it start up again after this much time?

I hope that your new medication or supplement will be of help. Please keep us posted.

Liz :hug:

#3 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:34 PM

EW,

I'm so happy that your surgery went well.  I understand the pain as I had surgery on my left foot twice and the osteoarthritis is indeed painful.  Are you and Hershey able to enjoy time together again?

I'm sorry for the other symptoms you are experiencing.  When you ask if it could still be the poison drug after 13 months, I must concur by asking if it can still be after 15 months!  I am and have been having similar symptoms to when I first got off this crap for the past 2 1/2 weeks now.  Mostly it is gut-related - extreme pain and bloating every time I eat and I'm not eating very much. 

I also have been having dreams (not nightmares, yet) for the past 2 1/2 weeks or so as well.  I haven't been dreaming for months up until just recently and they are becoming more and more vivid and occurring almost nightly.

You mentioned pancreatitis and I wonder if that could be a possibility.  It is painful enough to keep me from getting dressed much of the time as I can't stand anything around my middle.  (Sheesh - TMI, perhaps, but that's the way it is!)  Diarrhea is also quite often and this is just not the way I usually am.  I have put off calling the Dr. but can't continue to go on this way.

Yes, I firmly believe that age seems to keep us bound to this horrible stuff - but, like you, I wonder how can it start up again after this much time?

I hope that your new medication or supplement will be of help. Please keep us posted.

Liz,

Gosh we are experiencing a lot of the same symptoms seems like for sure. This thing called aging sucks but hey we know the alternative...lol

We have hadsdo MUCH rain down here that it's been really hard to ride my little 'stud muffin' aka Hershey but next week we are supposed to have several days of "sunshine"...and hope to get in some time in my saddle with my sister and daughter. 

BTW have you had your gallbladder checked? Sometimes that can give us abdominal pain and symptoms when we eat certain foods etc. 

NO worries darlin' it's never TMI for me being a nurse/retired....the more details the better...haha

I'm sure that thismoment and fishinghat will see this and be able to add something. I could pick their brains all day couldn't you??? Oops that makes me sound like one of those zombie things, oh my!

But those two were here when I first discovered this forum over a year ago now and I will never forget them. I'm glad that you are others are still here and will always be thankful to the one who is responsible for this forum being here!

Keep in touch and let me know how you're doing K?

Much love, always from TheEquusWoman :hug:

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:23 PM

Hi EW

Sorry to hear the problems are blasting you again. I know it is an outside

shot but the low Vit D might be contributing to the muscle twitches. Did you

have your serum calcium checked?

Due to the changes that Cymbalta makes to our hippocampus and amygdala nerves

it could be a response in those areas to the neural trauma from your surgery.

Don't feel bad about the triglycerides. Mine is familial. I originally ran 1000 to 2000. I had an adverse

reaction to the new omega 3 prescription medicine (All I can remember is it

started with a V, lol).I can't take any omega 3 or fibrates. The fibrates gave

me rhabdomyolysis. Bad experience. My Pancrease is now 95% fat infiltrated. With proper diet I can keep it around 400. NO fruit, root vegetables (all carbohydrate, esp starch is out)., NO sugar, no seed vegetables except substitute beans for bread is OK. Whole wheat bread only. Eat skinless chicken breast or turkey breast and all the omega 3 rich fish you can hold. Maybe the most important is keep all fat off the body. That seems to drop it the most. You can have faat free cheese and milk as well.

I am an 'expert' on triglyceride diets so let me know if I can help.

#5 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:32 PM

Equuswoman

Hello!

I'm sorry to hear about your new symptoms. While one should never discount the possibility of a brain tumour (heaven forfend!), I'm guessing it's some long-term Cymbalta wave-action that is reverberating into your life-- the vivid life-like macabre dreams, the akathisia-like twitches. If you give it a couple of weeks it might just go away. However, a trip to the neurologist wouldn't be out of the question-- do a little shopping-- drop into the tack shop, see a movie, have a nice dinner at a romantic little cafe; pamper your gentle soul.

Take care my friend!

#6 ZappAlta

ZappAlta

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:53 AM

EW,

Tfl   have you tried taking Probiotics for intestinal and gastric health .  I take the Jarrow Brand probiotic with Psyillium Flakes stirred into 8 oz of Coconut water.

#7 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:55 AM

Thanks, Zapp!

Was talking to my younger son last night who used to work for Metagenics.  One of the first things he mentioned was Probiotics.  I will certainly look into this and have a Dr. appt. tomorrow at 2.

Sure hope I can get a handle on this as it has been getting worse all along and I feel horrible - anxiety up as well! :(

Thank you so much and will keep you posted..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users