• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lavidaloca18

lavidaloca18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:42 PM

I took Cymbalta for 10 days and decided I didn't like it ...called my doc and she said to take one every other day for 3 days and then stop. I haven't had a pill since Thursday so I'm on day 3 of no pills. Shockingly after only being on med for 10 days I'm feeling withdrawals! Is this possible or is it in my head? Should I just persevere and hope it gets better soon or would you go back to med and take one every other day or take out beads?? I'm moving back to zoloft 50 MG also. I was on 30 MG of cymbalta

#2 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:19 PM

I answered you under your other post with my opinion on stopping but no I don't think it is all in your head. This med can do some crazy stuff to the head and you were in the middle of the start up effects and are now withdrawing.

Scrap that every 3 days crap as that just has you bouncing in and out of withdrawals. That kind of routine works for antidepressants with a long half life but not for Cymbalta with it's crazy should 12 hour half life.

It will get better soon especially if you get on the Zoloft as soon as possible and 3 days off Cymbalta is probably long enough off to start on the Zoloft

Take care of you and be well,

Nancy

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:55 AM

The every 3 day thing is crap. That 3rd day when you take the pill your cymbalta levels spike. What happens the next day? Well without the pill your levels drop like a rock. Cymbalta only has a 12 hour half life so by the end of 24 hours your level has dropped 75% and you experience the withdrawal all over again. If you are going back on the Zoloft 50 mg, I assume you have already started that, then I would stay off the Cymbalta or consider taking 1/3 capsule each day for about 10 days. They slide open, remove 2/3 of the beds and put the capsule back together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users