8 replies to this topic

#1 gettingoffpoison

gettingoffpoison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:19 PM

Hello, as I have shared before I have been reducing beads extremely slowly. Right now I´m on 15 beads from the approx. 280 a 30 mg pill has.

This process has lasted a year and 3 months.

I really think I´m sensitive to this stuff. For me it has been very palpable how when I reduce fast symptoms show up.

I wanted to ask how you manage these last beads. Did you also experience feeling extremely lethargic, “lazy”?

I´m concerned with this apparently new persistent feeling that has lasted a couple of months now.

Days go by so fast and I just feel this constant laziness, like I just want to be comfortable, not disturbed.

No extreme anxiety no mayor depression but still I really have trouble with feeling like this, so numb. It’s also very frustrating that I´m having trouble speaking, I perceive I speak so slow, I have trouble finding words, giving them logic and structure, expressing myself… Do you experience this? It’s so weird and frustrating, I think I must look like I´m always hangover or something…

I have always tended to be kind of low energy, introverted, so feeling so much like this is hard.

Is it possible that just as little as 15 beads can have such an important effect? I was considering stop taking them already, I have to confess I also would like to make the experiment of what could happen, to know if it’s me or to corroborate Cymbalta still is really such an important influence in my current perception of reality.

Another question…

Has anyone had trouble with inflammation of the gums?

I don’t find a particular reason to have trouble with this I thought it could be related to withdrawal…

#2 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:56 PM

Hello gettingoffpoison

The struggling with words, giving them logic and structure and often the slow speech is very much a part of the withdrawal process and continues even after completely off for awhile. I was saying to fishinghat just the other day about remembering that we had to proofread our posts 3 times or more before actually posting for the many mistakes.

The lethargy is also a problem for some but it will improve as well. Make sure you are well hydrated as this can cause lethargy as well.

Unfortunately I did the jump off at 15mg and threw myself into extreme withdrawals long before I got down to 15 beads but have read many posts on the slow countdown. From posts from other I know that it can take some extra time to get off those last few. Many of us are/were extremely sensitive to this med and that last few are hard. I know of one that comes to mind who was on here a few years ago that got stuck at 5 beads for quite awhile but with persistence he did manage to get off completely. He had to reduce by one bead at a time from about the last 30 beads or so and wait a week or longer between each drop.

Just take your time and let your body and brain be the guide. No sense dealing with withdrawals now.

As for the inflammation of the gums, I don't have any experience with that nor heard of it but with this drug nothing would surprise me.

Take care of you and be well

Nancy

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:18 PM

I did a quick search and got 15 references to sore/painful gums during withdrawal.

#4 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:24 PM

Any solution to the problem fishinghat?

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:47 AM

No solutions Lady Nancy. I wish I did. Rinsing with salt water might take out some swelling and tenderness but only for a short time.

Sorry

• hyg likes this

#6 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:18 AM

gettingoffpoison

I think the lethargy, cognitive attenuation, and feeling out-of-sorts is par for the withdrawal course. It helps to just know that what you're going through is pretty standard for withdrawal from this brutal SNRI.

Regarding the inflammation of the gums, I would not hesitate to consult a physician or dentist on this condition; teeth and gum problems relate directly to other medical issues.

Take care.

#7 hyg

hyg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • why_joining:
    I hope I can help someone by sharing my story.

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:59 PM

ThisMoment is absolutely correct. This happens when plaque-causing bacteria from the mouth enters the blood stream (i.e. bleeding gums). Researchers have actually linked the onset of periodontal disease with other chronic inflammatory diseases. Some of these include cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and rheumatoid arthritis. I hope this link helps to understand gingivitis/periodontal disease. http://www.dentalcar...on-english.aspx Hyg😀

#8 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:13 PM

You know hyg, this rang a bell with me. There was a dermatologist back in the 70's that believed that many inflammatory conditions, (asthma, gum disease, psoriasis, etc) are linked to irritable bowel disease. Drs at the time thought he was crazy but he documented that 80% of his patients who had psoriasis, acne vulgaris and seborhea  (sp) had been diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome (ibs).

In recent years it has been shown that the acid changes in the stomach during IBS and stress cause the 'bad' bacteria in the intestines to thrive and the 'good' bacteria to slow in growth. The bad bacteria have been shown to digest food in a way that produces byproducts that are inflammatory to our body. Many drs now recommend that people with inflammatory diseases take 30 billion probiotics each day. It has been shown to cure/improve asthma, gout, psoriasis, bronchitis, acne, etc in many many people. Now to be sure that other things can bring on some of these conditions but it is worth a try. I know personally many people who have been cured or greatly helped with some of these conditions due to their drs recommending the probiotics. I am taking it and it has relieved my psoriasis by 50%.

I can't remember the original drs name but it is referred to as the head/gut/skin connection. I will see if I can find some of my research years ago and if I do I will post it under "Medical Support". It will probably be tomorrow.

#9 gettingoffpoison

gettingoffpoison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:37 AM

Thanks everyone, today I feel way better.

Nancy, thank you. You are right, there is no sense in making the experiment… you know, it´s just that I find it so hard to believe that 15 beads can be such a great influence in brain chemistry. I really can’t believe many things about this substance... especially that it is legal.   :P

I will go to a professional about the gums… just wanted to see if it might be a common issue in withdrawal, I have heard some substances cause gums inflammation.

I think there was another post about dry mouth, and I have heard chronic dry mouth can cause gums problems and inflammation.

Thank you fishing hat, good idea I made the search.

This moment, thank you, I needed support with this feeling and that it will get a little better each day. I just get worried that this numbness will stay as my everyday life.

About the leaky gut and the irritable bowel you are so right! Intestine´s health is essential. This I know after long and hard years of disease (reason why I started taking this drug). Really, an advise from the heart, recommend you making research, trying a more natural raw diet, and making your own super-probiotic called kefir (like no pill or commercial yogurt will ever deliver). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users