2 replies to this topic

#1 Ramona80

Ramona80

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 04:46 PM

So I've come down pretty quickly from 90 mg to 50 mg. (I hadn't been at a high dose for very long, so that figured into my being able to come down to this point more quickly.)

I had originally thought I'd come down very slowly, but after the 90 mg gave me terrible side effects (that are still with me even at 50 mg) I am motivated to come off this drug as soon as I can, but not so quickly that  I'll wind up in withdrawals again.

My rate of dropping beads this far has varied between 6, 8, and 10 beads per day. 

Going from 50 to 40mg, any opinions on if that rate will be too fast? What about going from 40 to 30mg?

I have read that once you get to 30 mg you'll want to slow down quite a bit for the rest of the taper, so I'm planning to do that.

Opinions welcome! Oh - I should mention that I'm now on medications to help with anxiety and insomnia. Also, I know everyone has to just see what rate of taper works for them. I just don't want to start off too fast for the middle part of my taper and wind up in trouble!

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:33 PM

Right now 6 to 10 beads a day so I would stay at 6 for a week or two then go to 5 for a couple weeks, etc.

#3 hyg

hyg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • why_joining:
    I hope I can help someone by sharing my story.

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:58 AM

Ramona, Hi, I was able to wean down from 30mg with minimal w/d symptoms. Here's the catch---it took me 6-7 months. I am doing good and am cautiously optimistic. So far,I am stable at almost 3 months. If you ever need any support, I am here for you. Hyg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users