Photo

Psychiatrists In The Southeast Michigan Area?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ramona80

Ramona80

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:06 PM

Does anyone know of a psychiatrist in southeast Michigan who is familiar with Cymbalta withdrawal? If you could either post here or send me a private message, I would really appreciate it!

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:04 PM

I am afraid I tried everything I could Ramona but couldn't find one. I even pulled up everyone of the research articles written on Cymbalta withdrawal but none of the drs were from Michigan. I looked at the list of psychiatrists on several websites and none list that specific a specialty. they just say that they treat depression, anxiety, etc etc. Sorry I wish I could help.

#3 Ramona80

Ramona80

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:27 PM

Thank you so much for doing all that looking, Fishinghat! I'm still hoping that maybe someone who comes across this website might read this and know someone... Thanks again for your efforts!

#4 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:08 PM

Maybe you could contact Zachary Johnson at the Knox Ricksen law firm ... he's the case manager for their Cymbalta withdrawal lawsuit. I'm sure they have a list of experts -- doctors, shrinks, etc. -- for potential use as expert witnesses. Maybe one of them is in your area and Zach could give you contact information.

Here's the link to the discussion thread about the lawsuit, KR contact info. is in there.

https://www.cymbalta...=+knox +ricksen

You could also try contacting Dr. Stuart Shipko. He's an authority on antidepressants / withdrawal, etc. He writes for Mad in America, a great website .... here's an article he wrote about withdrawal.

http://www.madinamer...odds-revisited/

Another expert on this topic is a British doctor by the name of David Healy. He also has a great website:

http://davidhealy.org/

Last year, when I was in hard withdrawal, I tried to find someone familiar with / sympathetic to Cymbalta withdrawal in my area (a major East Coast city). I had no success, and I spent hours researching, calling, etc. That's when I realized that I was essentially "on my own" and that this forum, and my own self-education, were the best hope I had ... there's nothing that I needed to get better that any doctor could have provided me (just more drugs, and I didn't want that) ... I got everything I needed right here ... and I also read everything I could find by Drs. Healy and Shipko.

If I can think of anything else, I'll let you know, Ramona.

#5 Ramona80

Ramona80

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:09 AM

Thank you for all of that, FN!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users