Photo

Delayed Withdrawal Response While Cross Tapering W/ Remeron?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 07 November 2015 - 10:21 AM

Honestly, I have no words....

NP???? Ha! :angry: 

#32 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 07 November 2015 - 10:55 AM

Morosoph is the word.

To your dictionary!

#33 ralphi

ralphi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:04 PM

Ok, I think I am ready to start decreasing again--but 1 bead per day this time!
Haven't had a dizzy/lightheaded spell in a couple of days. Feel a little jittery in the am with some diarrhea, but not nearly as bad now; manageable without any Ativan or Immodium.
Wish me luck!

#34 ralphi

ralphi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:01 PM

Having a difficult morning--panic feeling is back, diarrhea, burning headache, woozy feeling. I'm now only taking out 1 bead per day starting Nov 11, so I wonder if this is residual from the original decreases? Been having good days since around Nov. 9, then suddenly this!
I also did a lot more yesterday; maybe my brain hasn't had a chance to catch up yet?
Thought I was done with this, ugh!

#35 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:10 PM

Hi ralphi,

I would suggest that you not remove any more beads until you stabilize.  Unfortunately I can't say how long this will be - your body will tell you.

You are very wise to keep it to 1 bead at a time.  We have another member who could only do the 1 bead and she has been off for quite a while now.

You can do this!

#36 ralphi

ralphi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:30 PM

Wow, you think a difference of 3 beads can do this?!
As of yesterday, I only take 42 beads total, so I guess percentage wise, it's not as low as it sounds. Around 7% maybe?

I do need to get back to Lyme treatment, so I don't want to drag this out for months...sigh.

#37 ralphi

ralphi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 02:40 PM

Hm, I think my scale may have been the problem! Was re-measuring to stay at 42 beads for a few days, started counting and some caps only had 30-something beads?! I weighed before and thought 1 bead = .001 gram, but that doesn't seem to be accurate. Add to that my scale needs calibrating and I've lost the weights.
Do I get a new scale or keep counting? Obvs will count until a new scale arrived, at any rate :unsure:
I'm refilling for the last time and made sure to get the exact same brand that I'm taking, so brand variations shouldn't be a problem.
Also, the beads in my capsules vary in size a little (not much, but a little), is that a concern?

THANK YOU for keeping me sane through all of this :hug:

#38 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:04 PM

That percentage is too high, ralphi.

My suggestion is to average the number of beads, since the capsules differ. 

#39 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:46 PM

If the number of beads is not consistent that will make it tough. Like TFL says you need to average the number of beads and drop about one bead every 3 days. Even so you may have to go to one bead every 4 or 5 days if the number of beads isn't consistent.

#40 ralphi

ralphi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:59 PM

TFL, by "average the number of beads" do you mean open several capsules and count the beads to get an average? I did that at the beginning, I think. Not sure why I would need to do again, since I know I'm on 42 beads now and sticking with the same brand??

FH, I'm a little confused by your statement. The number of beads I was taking was only inconsistent when I used the defunct scale (which I'm no longer using) and took too few beads. Counting, I'm now at 42 beads total. I think my reaction today may have been because of the defunct scale. Should I still slow down the decrease, or can I try again with counting only (not messing with the scale?) TY!

#41 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 November 2015 - 09:21 AM

My bad ralphi.

I thought you were still using the scale. Yes, if you are counting the beads that is fine. As far as keep dropping....just listen to your body. It will tell when to hold steady and when you can start dropping again. I reread your post and think I understand now. Sorry about the confusion.

#42 ralphi

ralphi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 09:46 AM

Ok, sounds great! Will stay at 42 for a few days then drop 1 per day again and see how it goes.

#43 ralphi

ralphi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:44 AM

:D Just took my last bead last night! I'm officially off of this drug. I couldn't have done it without your advice. THANK YOU! The panic attacks went away; I still have mild anxiety every now and then, but that could be my tick-borne illnesses saying "hi" to me. Now on to treating Lyme disease.

#44 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:14 PM

ralphi,

CONGRATULATIONS !!  You did it! :D

Please continue to post - I wish you the best as you battle your Lyme disease

You can also be of great help to the Newbies who continue to join us - every story helps them!

Liz

#45 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:32 PM

Yeaaa  Ralphi!!  Congrates!!

Be proud of yourself!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic