• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HelpmeIcannotdothis

HelpmeIcannotdothis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:11 AM

I am involuntary going cold turkey from Cymbalta because I lost a whole bottle of my meds and though they wrote me a new script my insurance won't cover it yet and it is crazy expensive to buy. It is only day three and I am already experiencing just about every side affect possible. They include: Brain zaps, Extreme mood swings, Paranoia, Dizziness, Confusion, Nausea and Vomiting, Limb pain, Headaches, Fatigue but Insomnia and when I do sleep Nightmares, Diarrhea, Anxiety, Agitation, Hypo-mania, ringing in the ears, Suicidal thoughts, Involuntary crying or laughing and now I'm beginning to see things. This forum is my last hope. I don't know what to do. Someone please help. I'm scared.

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:55 AM

Welcome Help

Your story is not new to us here. This is hell to go through. It is legal for your pharmacy to give you an emergency 7 day supply from your new script. This won't cure your withdrawal but it will soften the blow. I also recommend 500 mg vitamin C per day, stay well hydrated, and last 3000 mg omega 3. These will take a little edge off the withdrawal. If you don't get more Cymbalta soon you can also take an antihistamine like Benadryl. Antihistamines help the anxiety BUT do NOT take with Cymbalta. Do not take more than the recommended dosage and use caution especially when driving, it can make you sleepy. Lastly you can go to your psychiatrist and get a prescription for a benzo (like lorazepam), clonidine or hydroxyzine. All are usually very effective on anxiety. caution the benzos are very addictive with a strong withdrawal.

Hang in there and keep us posted on how you are doing.

#3 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:38 PM

Hello Help,

Whatever it costs, if you have to borrow or whatever you need to do to get the money DO IT.

As Fishinghat said, we heard about this situation and it is horrible.

Reinstate whatever the cost, you will not regret this.

#4 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:20 PM

I am involuntary going cold turkey from Cymbalta because I lost a whole bottle of my meds and though they wrote me a new script my insurance won't cover it yet and it is crazy expensive to buy. It is only day three and I am experiencing just about every side affect possible. They include: Brain zaps, Extreme mood swings, Paranoia, Dizziness, Confusion, Nausea and Vomiting, Limb pain, Headaches, Fatigue but Insomnia and when I do sleep Nightmares, Diarrhea, Anxiety, Agitation, Hypo-mania, ringing in the ears, Suicidal thoughts, Involuntary crying or laughing and now I'm beginning to see things. This forum is my last hope. I don't know what to do. Someone please help. I'm scared.

Help Me,

I am so sorry you are being forced to go through withdrawal in this way. I realize that few if any doctors will be available to you for the rest of the week due to the holiday. However, many urgent care facilities will be open thanksgiving day - if possible, see if you can speak with a doctor there about affordable short term options. your best bet is something that can bring you relief from the anxiety - which will help in bringing you relief to the secondary symptoms such as the gastro related upsets and insomnia. ibuprofen is best for the aches and pains. fishing hat is right, benadryl is a good over the counter anti anxiety option. he does caution against mixing the benadryl and cymbalta, but that is because cymbalta can increase the levels of benadryl in your blood - as a result, make sure you only take a half dose of benadryl. although if you are three days off the C, your levels of the C are low. everyone is different, but when i was on 90 mg of cymbalta a day, i would take benadryl every now and again for allergies. i didn't take it much because of its drowsy effects, but i didn't have issues because i would take only one 25 mg tab - not two.

i know it may not feel like it right now but please hang tight and know that you will be okay. 

with care,

Brz

#5 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:24 PM

Hi & welcome to the forum. I was on Cymbalta for 18 months. 60mg brand name capsules. I was one of the ppl here who could not wean off as rapidly as some were able to. I had to drop only 1 bead per day and thus it required me 3 months to wean off of this posion. It was a journey through hell and back but with the help of the ppl here I was able to do it. They are so wonderful and supportive here on the forum. I would recommend the supplements as fishinghat has said. It will help a little bit through the withdrawal process.

In my thoughts & prayers,

TheEquusWoman :hug:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users