• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Quazzy

Quazzy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:30 AM

My dr. prescribed Cymbalta for me about 7 months ago for fibro and arthritis.  My hands shake constantly now and I sweat so much I am embarrassed to go out in public.  At my last dr visit I told her I wanted off the drug because of the sweating and she asked if I'd rather have the pain or the sweats.  I believe finding this forum is a blessing for me.  After reading all the struggles everyone has been through, I'd ready to start coming off this monster drug.  I officially started the beading method this morning.   My daughter's wedding is the first week in June and I'm so discouraged because I know I will be soaking wet with sweat all day.  :( 

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:21 AM

Welcome Quazzy

The bead counting is the way to go. I hope that things go well for you and remember, we are always here to help.

By the way, congratulations on your daughters upcoming wedding.

#3 zivcha

zivcha

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:05 PM

Welcome Qazzy.

Bead counting is the right way to get of this drug. you are doing the right thing.

Stay strong.

#4 Quazzy

Quazzy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:47 PM

Thank you for the welcome. :)   My doctor finally responded to my request to be taken off this drug. She said I should take 1 (30) mg for the next two weeks.  Then 1 tablet every other two for two weeks. After that I'm supposed to be weaned off it.  Right now I take 60 mg once a day.    From everything I've read on here, I don't think that's going to work.  

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:26 PM

Bad recommendation from your dr. Bead counting is much better.

#6 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:30 PM

Quazzy,

Bead counting is actually your best choice.  Congratulations on your daughters wedding.  Your going to be nervous that day either way.  A word of advice to any female who's son or daughter on their wedding day; wherever the drinks are ( not necessarily alcohol) stay close to the ice and just slip one down your bra ( excuse how blunt I am) and hold a few in your hands.  You are sure to cool off and stay cool in this situation.  No one will notice.  Please keep us informed on the progress as far as the bead counting method..... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users