2 replies to this topic

#1 Ramona80

Ramona80

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:00 PM

I am seeing very slow, gradual improvement in some things. I think that there is some gradual lessening of the myoclonic jerks. The hair that fell out (when they raised my dose of Cymbalta too high) is growing back. My muscle strength and stamina has returned. In the fall, I remember my muscles could only take about 10 minutes of raking leaves, and I'd have to stop. Now I'm back to my normal ability to use my muscles.

I still get muscle twitches. Sometimes I'll go for a period of time with only noticing them maybe a couple times a day. Then suddenly I'll be getting a lot of them again.

I am really sensitive to any inhaled particles, inside and outside. I am getting irritation in my lungs easily.

I'm having heartburn (not something I'm used to) but not every day. I go a few days having it, and then a few days not, which seems to me like an odd pattern.

Because of the above 2 things, I have wondered if being in withdrawals increases inflammation in the body.

I get tingling in my feet and ankles still sometimes. I get tingling over one side of my head and face, too.

I am having tinnitus, and it is all over the map. I have 6 different types of sounds, but all of them aren't always there. There's so much variation. Sometimes certain sounds go away. Sometimes I go for a few weeks where overall, it seems like it's getting better. Then, wham, it gets worse again. The sounds didn't appear all at once, I have gotten a new sound every 6-7 weeks. The tinnitus is a source of anxiety for me because new sounds have kept arriving.

I think that's about it...

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:32 PM

You have been through a lot Ramona but you have really hung in there and toughed it out. It is amazing how long the process takes in some people. I am glad it is improving if even just slowly. You should only get better from here.

#3 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:21 PM

Hello Ramona,

Eight months, as FH said, you had quite a ride.

Your update is rather positive except for that music in your hears. Thank you for taking the time.

I don't believe that tinnitus is specifically related only to cymbalta. It started when I was around forty five or so, no meds were taken at that time. It is very common. But again, so many cymbalta users complain about it. Who knows!

I raise my hat to you Ramona, you have come a long way!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users