6 replies to this topic

#1 Turbolag

Turbolag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:36 AM

Hey everyone. I want to start trying the pro biotic I bought a couple weeks ago. Lately my stomach and digestine just seems not right at all.

My question is, can I open up the capsule and dump about half or 3/4 out? This is just to see if I tolerate it ok.

Also, how often do I need to Tae then? Can I do the once or twice a week?

Thanks.

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:50 PM

Yes, you can open the capsule and remove some of the contents before taking it. BE SURE to clean any residue off the outside of the capsule before taking it as the probiotic dust tastes like, well lets just say not good.

There is not set schedule for taking probiotics. You just have to plat with it and see what works, I do recommend that after anyone has a bad case of diarrhea that they take probiotics every day for at least 7 days to reestablish the good bacteria in the intestines.

A caution - DO NOT take probiotics while on an antibiotic as the antibiotic will spend its energy killing the probiotics instead of your infection.

#3 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:38 PM

Tuberlog,  Fishinghat is correct with it being ok to remove some of the probiotic to test out if you would feel more comfortable when you first take it.  I'm a firm believer in probiotics and have incorporated in my diet for about 10 years if not more.  

I will had to Fishinghat's statement to use caution if you are on an antibiotic.  In addition to antibiotics and probiotics, you suffer from the diarrhea while on the antibiotic, taking the probiotic will reduce this effect.  If the diarrhea is not an effect for you then yes stay away from probiotics......  

#4 Turbolag

Turbolag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 03:58 PM

Ok, question..... do you need to take pro biotic only if you have or had diarhea?

No diarrhea, but my stomach just feels off and I get nauseated a lot and my stomacholesterol just doesn't feel like it did before I stopped the cymbalta. Sometimes I stop eating because I either feel nauseated or just discomfort.

My thought was, if the cymbalta controlled serotonin levels, and there are serotonin levels in your stomach. Does stopping the cymbalta throw serotonin levels in th stomach out of balance? I was thinking a pro biotic would rebalanced your stomach?

I'm kinda confused.

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:02 PM

You are entirely correct Turbolag.  The diarrhea comment I made was in general. Stomach flu, food poisoning, etc. Sorry I wasn't clear.

#6 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:56 PM

Yes the probiotic is very good for you.....and at least give it a try and see how it works for you. 

My statement about the diarrhea was only directed to the probiotic and antibiotic...

#7 Turbolag

Turbolag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:00 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone. I took one last week. I opened up the capsule and emptied about 3/4 of it. I could feel it a little in my stomach. So I'll try to take another one this week I think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users