• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mg1337

Mg1337

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:21 PM

I started going weaning off on the 11th of July.  I was on 20 mg twice a day for fibro.  The first week I skipped my evening dose every other day.  The second week I was down to one pill a day, I had some problems now.  The last week I took it I took it a morning dose every other day.  I haven't taken cymbalta since the 23th.  But on the 25th I started having very bad withdrawal symptoms, I couldn't sleep well, I have had a migraine every day.  I am nauseous, and I feel very anxious. The only other change has a increase in 25 to 50 mg of Elavil (I have been on this dose before and I waited until week 2 to up the dose). Has anyone else had problems later on the weaning process.

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:36 AM

Typical symptoms that will probably get a lot worse. We normally recommend weaning off over a 3 to 4 month period. Cymbalta withdrawal can be very extreme. Not everyone has that reaction but it is best to error on the side of caution. Consider reinstating at your original dose and wean much slower.

#3 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:16 AM

Fishinghat is right, consider reinstating at 20 at least, get stable then bead count.

Shouldn't take long to feel better.

#4 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:37 AM

I agree with Fishinghat and Gail

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users