#481 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:54 PM

Hi htsp!

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but I had symptoms for over a year - at this point, I still feel that I am experiencing some of them...of course not as often, but since I am older than you I may never be rid of this hideous withdrawal...I don't mean this will happen to you, but I have now been off for over 3 yrs - the cold turkey may have something to do with all of this

I still cry so easily, have terrible short term memory, no appetite and more - I am thankful that I can sleep

Liz

PS Except for the wonderful people here, I really have no support system  - my sons live on the west coast and I am now seeing my therapist every other week.  Perhaps this will go on forever....   I have really been down the past couple of months.

#482 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:31 PM

Oh Liz! So sorry for your mood swings but I can understand. Remember you are not alone and you are loved.

#483 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:32 PM

Liz, indeed you are not alone with this and in this!

I so understand, specially with your recent lost Bently. Even though we, ourselves, are not at our "best" sometimes, we are always there for each other. Love xxx

#484 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:35 PM

Hi guys, I'm pretty okay... Really busy with my job and my focus is strong thanks to the course of the straightline business school.

#485 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:52 PM

Good for you Howto, just thought that you were lost somewhere!

#486 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

I start with my last 2,5mg from tomorrow so I'm almost there! Keep you posted guys.

#487 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:55 PM

YAAAAAY !!!!! :D

Good Luck

#488 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:12 PM

Double yaaaay! Over for Easter.

#489 ButterflyWings63

ButterflyWings63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:18 PM

Quick Update:

What I've been doing is dropping only 2 beads per week (not per day) and it's working!!
(I was one who's been on the drug for over 10 years.)

I'm still on the Zoloft but didn't change any of that.

I'm down to 28 beads a day this week.  Based on this 2 beads per week, I've got 12 weeks

to go.

My only major change I've noticed is that I'm not able to do nearly as much work as I'd been

doing over the past years.  Didn't realize how much it was wiring me.  

#490 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:18 AM

Hello Butterfly,

Fantastic! You are an example of Time and Patience.
Two beads per week, I am amazed.

Thanks for the update and hope to see you again for another one!

#491 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:11 AM

Some one who gets it!!!  Slow is the key. It is so easy to underestimate this drug. Congratulations and as I always say, watch those last few beads. They are tough to get through. Just keep going slow and you will make it.

#492 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:46 AM

I'm still at 2,5mg because I wasn't stable enough. Keep ya posted guys. Regards from Amsterdam

#493 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:47 AM

Our boy is back! Glad to see you. Regards from Canada!

#494 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:40 PM

Your doing the right thing HTSP. Proud of you.

#495 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:51 PM

HTSP, hello!

Where are we at? Long time no see, a good omen perhaps?

#496 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:38 AM

Hello there :-)
I went back to 5mg and lowering with 1 bead a day. Now on 39 beads. I have little anxiety 2 times a day which I compensate with 0,25mg Alprozolam. My finish is coming close now.

I traveled to the Netherlands (Amsterdam), and Germany (Munich). Tomorrow I leave to Vietnam (Hanoi) and after that to London. In July I'm in Spain.

Have a nice weekend guys!

#497 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:18 AM

Thanks for updating. Good move!

#498 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:21 AM

Congratulations htsp!

You're doing great world traveler!! :D

#499 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:16 AM

Hello guys, back from amazing Vietnam back again to the Netherlands. I'm pretty okay now. Only 18 beads to go so the straight line to the first is I hope.

Talk to you soon guys!

#500 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:05 AM

Thanks for stopping by HTSP. I am glad you a re doing so well. Let us know when you are completely off the crap and we will celebrate!!!

#501 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:06 AM

I'm at 15 beads now and I'm a little anxious and I have the feeling that I a heavy head. Do I go on with weaning together with alprazolam 0,25mg or do I pause?

I want to follow through till the end.

#pleaseadviseme

#502 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:24 AM

I would be safe and pause. You are near the end. Why hurry now this is the time to be careful?

#503 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:18 AM

Hello guys, I'm now at my last 5 bead so my last 5 days... I do have sometimes burning hands and feets but it's only for 2 times a day like 15 minutes. I still have floaters and tinnitus but less then 3 months ago...

let's finish that crap now!

After this, I want to weaning off the zoloft. FH, when would you start and do you have tips and tricks?

Have a nice weekend all you guys!!

#504 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:33 AM

You are doing extremely well!  Congratulations!!! :D 

#505 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:48 AM

HTSP

Most drs recommend a 2 month wait before weaning off another AD. I would say that is minimum. I would try and wait until your symptoms are gone for at least 2 months (tinnitus at least).

As far as coming off the Zoloft. It has more digestive issues and slightly less emotional issues in general.

The best approach...Get a set of scales that read as low as 0.001 grams (1 mg) and weight out about 4 days dose and figure the average weight of one days worth of med. Using a razor and the scales reduce at the rate that would enable you to finish in 2 years. BUT after a month you may decide to increase the drop rate if you feel it is possible. Adjust the drop rate as tolerated waiting at least 2 weeks between a change in drop rate. This is better than Cymbalta but with the longer half life it takes a while longer for withdrawal symptoms to hit so changes in drop rate need to be done no less than every 2 weeks. I am adding some of the forum postings from other forums on Zoloft weaning. Don't panic when you read them as I included only the people with the worse withdrawal.

Am J Psychiatry. 1994 Mar;151(3):450-1.
Withdrawal reaction after sertraline discontinuation.
Sertraline withdrawal in two brothers: a case report.

withdrawal symptoms of (1) dysequilibrium (2) dysesthesias (3) dizziness and (4) a flushing sensation.

http://depression.em...withdrawal.html
Irritability Agitation Dizziness Burning or tingling sensation Anxiety Confusion Headache Insomnia Tiredness.

http://www.healingwe...x?f=19&m=321377
I get dizzy a lot, my vision seems blurry, I have these tingly feelings in my fingers and toes, and the worse part is the "electric shocks" that seem to run through my body all day. I feel sick to my stomach a lot and it's hard to eat. (3 days later) I'm getting a bit better. I'm sleeping better but I still have the dizziness and the "electric shocks". I used to wake up all sweaty but that doesn't happen anymore either.

I took Zoloft for 5 years in the past and over a week stopped taking them with NO withdrawal symptoms but not this time I guess I foolishly thought it would be the same this time.

last time i tappered off the drug i was ok for about 2 months but then i was hit with a big bang of anxiety and dispair- i was forced to go back. currently im at 25 mg down from 50mg-- i'm hoping that in time i can just continue to tapper down until i'm totally off of it.
I have spent the last 6 months, slowly withdrawing from the medication, which I can no longer afford. For the past month, I have been without zoloft, but I am now having periodic anxiety attacks, and perseveration about random things, some paranoia, and now sucidial thoughts
past year I have been taking 25mg every other day, or even every third day, in preparation for stopping altogether.This past Friday, I took my last dose.
It is now Thursday. Since yesterday I have been suffering from brain zaps, disorientation, spatial/depth perception problems, inability to focus, nausea, dizziness, vertigo, and, beginning today, a feeling of deep sadness.

Week One: Alternate one day taking 50mg, the next 25 mg (half a pill)
Week Two: Take 25 mg daily
Week Three: Take 25 mg every other day
I completely quit after week three, and I haven't felt normal since.

I had been on zoloft for 2 years. As much as 150 mg , but in the last year it was only 50 mg. I thought I had done a good job of ramping down, over a few weeks. to 25 mg then 12.5 , and then 12.5 every other day. But now I've been withdrawing for a week and a half. It's good to know that this all fits in with what others have experienced though, and to know that it might be up to a month of this. Now I guess I just need to decide if I hang in or go back to a low dosage to maybe alleviate some of this.. But then exend the process.
when i first tried getting off of my 200 mg/day dose of zoloft (after being on it for three years), i'd never felt so AWFUL in my life. i followed internet instructions of dropping my dose by 25 mg every two weeks. obviously, this didn't work. i thought trying to wean myself off was futile, and that i would have to take it for the rest of my life. WRONG! it takes almost TWO YEARS to ween yourself off of a 200 mg/day dose
I am just starting tapering off of 100mg zoloft to 75mg two weeks ago. I was doing fine and everything until a couple days ago.
....i went 50 to 37mg to 30mg to 25mg to 18mg to 12mg then six every other day for two weeks it was fine except for the first two weeks i felt some nausea but no brain zaps and i totally know what you mean by feeling like you were in the clouds i finally feel back to myself and its great!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he increased it each time I went in until I was on 150 mg. Now I was sick, depressed, and going through menopause. But by far the worst part was being numb. I could care less about anything. When my friends and loved ones went through grief or sadness I could not cry with them. So they all probably think I am heartless.
Anyway I have began tapering and started in April by chipping away a little of my pills a little at a time because I've tried and failed so many times. I got down to 50mg and stayed 0n that for 1 month. Now I am shaving a little off that for a week until I'm down to 25mg, and I'll stay on that until I can cut that in half.

http://www.depressio...ine-withdrawal/
It took me two and a half years to taper off Zoloft from 300mg

http://www.peoplesph...is-a-challenge/
my advise to those quitting.
from dosage 200, drop to 150mg for 1 whole week.
from dosage 150, drop to 100mg for 10 days.
from dosage 100, drop to 50/75mg for 2 weeks.
from dosage 50/75. drop to 25mg for 3 weeks.
from dosage 25, completely stop medication.
doing it this way if you have been on the medication for 1 year or more is advisable.

http://www.depressio...oft-withdrawal/
I was on 150mg for one year minimum. I dropped zoloft by 25mg each 3 weeks and I'm at 0 since a month. In fact, it's my 5th week right now. No problem for the first 2 weeks, then I got anxiety, insomnia, well almost everything in the side-effect list. But it was nothing compared to the 4th week and right now.

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:17 PM
I've been tapering since the spring, from 200mg and am currently at 112.5mg. I've been on it for about 15 years, between 200 and 250mg. I've gained probably 25lbs, gradually, but have lost about ten, since reducing to my current dosage of 112.5mg hs. My first two reductions of 25mg were smooth, the third reduction was rough, the fourth smooth, but this current reduction of only 12.5mg has been hard, again. Most recently I reduced by 12.5mg a couple of days ago from 100mg, so am happy to be in the double digits now more or less. I plan to reduce again by 12.5mg in a couple of months or more. I stayed at 100mg for about 4 months, making sure I felt well and stable. Within about a week, with each reduction I feel ill, as I do now - with nausea, weakness, occasional crying spells, a bit down, slow, gastrointestinal issues, hard to focus... I made the mistake I think of initially starting this recent reduction by alternating doses of 75mg one day and 100mg the next ( for about two weeks), so I had a day where I felt fine and a day where I felt horrible. I started with the 87.5mg today, so will take awhile I suppose to stabilize. I also switched to taking it in the morning today. I started at 250-300mg a year ago and am now at 75mg for about a month and a half and still having withdrawal effects from that last taper (from 87.5mg down to 75mg). I felt fine for about 10 days and then massive NAUSEA, insomnia, sweating, aching joints and muscles, gastrointestinal pains and problems..Though even at 5% tapers now, I still seem to be hit with the w/d. I'm now at 70mg, from an original dose that wavered between 250 and 300mg (for 17 years). I have read that the length of time to get off an antidepressant should be at least one month for every year you have been on it. I was last at 50mg August 15 and have tapered by 6.2 since then, every 9 days or as soon as I felt stable and I felt very well those two weeks, but now it's hit me, again- all the flu-like withdrawal symptoms. Just wanted to leave an update of where I'm at in my tapering off Zoloft. About a year and a half ago I was at 250-300mg Zoloft, and am now at 37.mg!! I'm now at 31.2mg Zoloft. Only five more tapers of 6.2mg to go until I'm done. I've been nauseous for the past ten days with a new withdrawal symptom (for me) of left-sided headache nearly twenty-four hours a day, but seems to be easing since yesterday. Often I feel on the verge of vomiting, and am achy but that is easing up again for this 6.2mg taper. Taking a lot of ibuprofen and Gravol. I taper by 6.2mg. From an original dose of 300mg max, I'm now down to 25mg. Still get very sick -achy, nauseaus, headache, irritable, diarrhea/gastroparesis, vomiting (occasional) with each taper. Unbelievable. It will be two years in February since I began tapering off. I'm just looking at my journal and I see I went from 50 to 43.6mg (by tipping out 1/4 of the powder in a 25mg capsule + taking with another 25mg). I stayed at 43.6mg from August 16/10 to August 22/10 (not that long relative to my more recent reductions). On August 22 I went down by another 6.2mg to 37.5mg (roughly) and stayed there until Sept 14. Sept 14 I went down by another 6.2mg to 31.2mg and stayed there until November 22ish. You see I haven't been tapering too fast, because each time I suffer the same symptoms- nausea, headache, achy muscles, joints etc., upset digestive system, eventual insomnia...These all do eventually pass, but I am surprised each time I am hit with the same symptoms, same intensity.
I just ordered a scale which measures down to .001 grams....got it on ebay for around $25.
I understand that these scales are great for accurately measuring meds.I'm about 5 weeks into 25mg and still don't feel stable, mostly physically- achy, digestive slowing, nausea, hard to focus...but manageable. My next four reductions will be by roughly 6mg, by dividing the 25mgs of powder into 4.I've been at 25mg for 7 weeks and finally feel stable for a few days in a row- no nausea, much less achy, no stomachache. Finally! I won't do another taper though for awhile, just so sick of feeling sick.Was finally feeling better after 7 weeks at 25mg, from 31mg (original dose of 300mg two years ago). Now I feel sick again with same digestive system problems, nausea, aches, headache for the last 8+ days. I was last at 25mg for over four months, waiting for terrible withdrawal of mainly nausea, stomachaches and body pain, to subside. I became very frustrated two weeks ago with the constant nausea so thought I would try taking pill in pm rather than am. Well, the day I missed the dose I began to feel better and better as the day went on- the nausea, pain and stomachache subsided. I still cannot believe it and am angry, but I haven't taken any since and have felt much better, fine in fact. I quit the Zoloft altogether about 3 weeks ago. It was going well until I started crying a lot, maybe a week ago. I could deal with that, but then the rest of the symptoms crept up one or two at a time in the last three days and feel nearly unmanageable. Nearly all my usual withdrawal symptoms have returned full force- pain (upper, then lower back that migrates back and forth), in muscles, achy, as well as clicking joints and bones everywhere, which maybe are displaced by tight muscles, nausea, insomnia to 2:00 to 4:00am, sweating, chills, then massive shaking most nights, out of proportion anger and tears interfering with work... Stomach hurts too, bowels still working this time, no sinus headache this time, so far. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I hoped this wouldn't happen. I was feeling so well. No intention of taking Zoloft to ease this hell, not yet.

http://www.braintalk...loft-withdrawal
Go down so slowly you are shaving off tiny parts of pills or just a granule or two of capsules.
Wait 3 days to a week before each new lowering so you have a chance to get back some emotional strength to face the next round.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.../pubmed/8840377
A patient receiving sertraline for depression developed dizziness and orthostatic hypotension on repeated attempts to discontinue the drug. All other organic factors were ruled out. The hypotension was proved to be secondary to sertraline by repeated rechallenges. After a variety of attempted treatments, the agent was discontinued successfully through an extended titration period. This report should guide clinicians in treating patients with a similar problem.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.../pubmed/9627752
Sertraline discontinuation syndrome presenting with severe depression and compulsions.

#506 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:47 AM

Hi all, I will be lowering till the end this week... HOERAY HOERAY... 

I will wait lowering with zoloft untill july. I'm off to Spain then for a month so it's worth trying lowering from 100 to 75mg I think, no?

#507 Newbegining

Newbegining

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSurrey UK
  • why_joining:
    because i thought i was going mad and if i get out of this hell,i will be committed to helping others,if not with knowledge but by listening and responding(if i can understand how too! computer useless)!!!!! :)

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:03 AM

Hello all

Not sure if i should post here as im not very computer savvy and never done anything like this before. Managed to log in so thats an achievement in its self!!! So big apologies if im in the wrong place and if someone has the time to point me in the right direction, please do.

First of all thank you to all the people on this site ,Being able to read all the information , AND KNOWING IM NOT GOING MAD, or am I?

I tend to write as i talk so will prob waffle so here is a bit of back ground info.....

Im 47 female and have suffered depression since i was about 18. Been on and off anti depressants until coming off to have my son 12 yrs ago. Then had severe post natal depression with bad anxiety . Went on citalopram ,for7yrs then stopped working so have been on cymbalta since then. Was on 60mg then had a depressive episode 2.5yrs ago and went up to 90mg. it seemed to work well except for feeling hot and sleeping kind of badly but that could have just been me.

In the last 14yrs i have had 5 times where ive been signed off work for approx 6 months but with pyscologists doing CBT and mindfullness and generally listening i have been able to carry on with a good life. I work 4 days a week i am a bit of a perfectionist as ive always felt i have to try harder than most as im a people pleaser and dont have a lot of confidence in myself. However i feel in control when im well as i put mindfullness and cbt in to practice,also try to do relax exercises and walk alot and generally listen to how im feeling and be kind to myself,this ive learnt over the years.

anyway to get to the point which brings me here....... 2 and a half months ago i was signed off for depression again,i had be struggling to stay "on top" since Dec putting all my coping strategies in to place but couldnt cope anymore. My doc, who i have to say ive been with for 20yrs and she is an absolute Angel so very caring and supportive, said to up my dose to 120mg. Was on that for a week and felt terrible so she said the cymbalta obviously isnt working so stay on 90mg until she gets advice on which med to change me to from a psychiatrist. He suggested zoloft as its weight neutral  and ive always struggled with my weight.

So i wondered if i give a list of how ive been doing i wondered if those supportive people who have been replying on this thread could advise me,

1 week at 120mg on one day and 90mg the next

10 days at 120mg   felt so awful was told to go back to 90mg for 1 week.

3 days of 60mg cymbalta then stayed on 60mg while introducing 50 zoloft. did this for on week.

then 2 weeks at 30mg cymbalta and 100mg of zoltoft

then 2 weeks of 20mg cymbalta and 150mg of zoltoft

now im at 10mg cymbalt and 150mg of zoltoft where ive been for 2 weeks.(thanks to this site ive made the 10mg by bead counting)

my doc suggests going to 5mg C and 150mg Z until i see her in 2 weeks

.Im wondering if you think i should go down 3 beads per day as has been suggested many a time stopping until stable if gets unbearable

My main symptoms have been a really stiff neck and pain going up my head, headaches, pressure and lightheadedness as if been on a plane, tinnitus for a week which drives me made but try to keep busy as if i think too much that this is how ill always be it brings on extreme anxiety which has not really been a prob ,only with the postnatall depress and that absolute terror and fear. My doc gave me propranolol to take if needed but dont want to bring in another med. 

Another question is when people talk about brain zaps, im hoping im not going to get them or is it like a clicking/grinding sound a bit like space dust when i move my head side to side? Also should i feel like this while on 150mg of zoltoft? im not a wimp and normally am a strong person and people who dont know about my MDD are suprised as im very good at putting on a show. i dont  expect all this to be easy but just wondered if its normal as im on a high dose of zoltoft,and get in a panic when i read those strong brave people who do it without tapering another drug.

From all the wonderful information on here i take omega fish oil, vit b complex ,vit c,vit d,primrose oil,ginko biloba.

Thank you anyone who has read this and i would be indebted  to any help or suggestions, i really want to be able to go back to work and just have the everyday worries and moans. ive never wanted a lot out of life and sorry if i sound a moaner as i know when i read some of the amazing stories most people are in a much worse state than me, but i want to help others in anyway i can if i just didnt feel so muddled.

lots of love hope and good wishes to all in finding a HAPPY WELL PLACE  :)

#508 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:58 AM

Welcome newbeginning

You are not going crazy. You have a good dr who has established an appropriate cross over rate to the Zoloft. You are experiencing less symptoms than most who do a cross-over so you should feel lucky.

Yes, I would drop down 3 beads a day until I get to the 5 mg level.

I would stay away from the propranolol as it does fight anxiety but it also lowers blood pressure significantly. There are other beta blockers that are more effective like atenolol but the best is a alpha antagonist called Clonidine. But again all of these can cause a significant drop in BP.

I like the supplements but watch the Ginko Biloba as it can have some side effects. I will double check that and let you know.

The experience you have when moving your head side to side is common. A brain zap is similar to a brief shot of electricity shooting through your brain. Normally not very painful if at all.

Feeling like this while on 150 of Zoloft is to be expected as it takes Zoloft 6 to 8 weeks to fully kick in. I am afraid that time and patience is needed here. It should get better over the next 2 weeks.

Actually I would say you are off to a good start. Hang in there and keep us posted. I will be back soon.

#509 Newbegining

Newbegining

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSurrey UK
  • why_joining:
    because i thought i was going mad and if i get out of this hell,i will be committed to helping others,if not with knowledge but by listening and responding(if i can understand how too! computer useless)!!!!! :)

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:13 AM

A really big thank you for responding Fishinghat,

i feel as though you are my "claim to fame". you are very inspirational and help so many people im honored you were able to reply and so quickly too! 

its nice knowing people are out there and im not having an obsessing moment and losing it.

i am fortunate with my doctor and feel relieved you think this is a good method, that has in itself put my crazy head to rest a bit.

is there another something to take that may help with the tinnitus that anyone could recommend?

Hoping ive done this correctly as finding my way round, cant be on the computer all the time as my son seems to have control of it! Hoping its because hes dedicated to his homework :D

Thank you once again and will be back with updates.

sending warm wishes to all, and positive thoughts .

#510 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:34 AM

Newbeginning, don't worry about where to post. You post and we will find it.

I have located the info on Ginkgo and have pasted it below.

GINKGO
⦁ Ginkgo LEAF EXTRACT is LIKELY SAFE for most people when taken by mouth in appropriate doses. It can cause some minor side effects such as stomach upset, headache, dizziness, constipation, forceful heartbeat, and allergic skin reactions.

There is some concern that ginkgo leaf extract might increase the risk of liver and thyroid cancers. However, this has only occurred in animals given extremely high doses of ginkgo. There is not enough information to know if it could happen in humans.

Ginkgo fruit and pulp can cause severe allergic skin reactions and irritation of mucous membranes. Ginkgo might cause an allergic reaction in people who are allergic to poison ivy, poison oak, poison sumac, mango rind, or cashew shell oil.

There is some concern that ginkgo leaf extract might increase the risk of bruising and bleeding. Ginkgo thins the blood and decreases its ability to form clots. A few people taking ginkgo have had bleeding into the eye and into the brain, and excessive bleeding following surgery. Ginkgo leaf extract can cause allergic skin reactions in some people.

Ginkgo LEAF EXTRACT is POSSIBLY UNSAFE when used intravenously (by IV), short-term. It has been used safely for up to 10 days.

The ROASTED SEED or CRUDE GINKGO PLANT is POSSIBLY UNSAFE when taken by mouth. Eating more than 10 roasted seeds per day can cause difficulty breathing, weak pulse, seizures, loss of consciousness, and shock. The FRESH SEED is even more dangerous. Fresh seeds are poisonous and are LIKELY UNSAFE. Eating fresh ginkgo seeds could cause seizures and death.

There isn't enough reliable information available to know if ginkgo is safe when applied to the skin.

Not enough is known about the safety of ginkgo when applied to the skin to determine if it is safe.
⦁ Special Precautions & Warnings:
⦁ Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Ginkgo is POSSIBLY UNSAFE when taken by mouth during pregnancy. It might cause early labor or extra bleeding during delivery if used near that time. Not enough is known about the safety of using ginkgo during breast-feeding. Do not use ginkgo if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.

Infants and children: Ginkgo leaf extract is POSSIBLY SAFE when taken by mouth for a short time. Some research suggests that a specific combination of ginkgo leaf extract plus American ginseng might be safe in children when used short-term. Do not let children eat the ginkgo seed. It is LIKELY UNSAFE.

Bleeding disorders: Ginkgo might make bleeding disorders worse. If you have a bleeding disorder, don't use ginkgo.

Diabetes: Ginkgo might interfere with the management of diabetes. If you have diabetes, monitor your blood sugar closely.

Seizures: There is a concern that ginkgo might cause seizures. If you have ever had a seizure, don't use ginkgo.

Deficiency of the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD): Ginkgo might cause severe anemia in people have G6PD enzyme deficiency. Until more is known, use cautiously or avoid using ginkgo if you have G6PD deficiency.

Infertility: Ginkgo use might interfere with getting pregnant. Discuss your use of ginkgo with your healthcare provider if you are trying to get pregnant.

Surgery: Ginkgo might slow blood clotting. It might cause extra bleeding during and after surgery. Stop using ginkgo at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.

Drug Interactions

https://www.drugs.co...2&generic_only=

Ginkgo Biloba can react with over 500 different medications to primarily increase the risk of bleeding and seizures. Please review the list of meds at the above site to be sure you are not at risk of these interactions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users