#91 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:41 PM

Benadryl is like zyrtec or atarax in Belgium I think. Can you verify this please?

The worst symptom is the pinchy skin all day.

Moskou is from the 7th of october

#92 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:47 PM

htsp,

You need to check if either of those contain Diphenhydramine, then 2 tablets should do the trick.  Might also help the skin problem...

Happy and safe travels! :)

#93 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:07 PM

Hello,

I believe that Nustasium is the name in your country. Over the counter med.

Atarax is Hydroxyzine, on prescription. Also an antihistamine, no diphenhydramine in it. We have people here that take it, a safe med. It doesn't work for me though.

Got lost with your travels, sorry!

#94 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:17 PM

Many thanks Gail and TFL 😉. And how long can you take a med like Nustasium? Is it safe to take?

I've also asked my orthomoleculair doctor for ideas from him... keep you posted on that.

#95 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:13 PM

Hi,

If you use it for anxiety, I would say that 3 times or so a week is no problem. Use this when the anxiety is too much. Some use it for sleep. If taken too often, it will lose its sedating effect. You build up tolerance.

If taken for allergies, well then, I would say to take it as needed.

It's my favorite for anxiety, it works better than benzos(for myself).

Keep us posted.

#96 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:27 PM

As always, the ladies are on top of their game. Be patient HTSP. Hang in there.

#97 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:28 AM

3th day on a row with medium anxiety and burning/pinchy skin
I think I'm going back to 25mg or even back to 30mg as from tomorrow.

don't you think that would be better?      

#98 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:07 AM

It would be easier on you but you don't need to feel great only tolerable. You need to reduce some and going back to 30 is a full step backward. There has been at least one dr that has used small 'extra' doses of Cymbalta to ease the withdrawal to tolerable levels. He used small extra doses (say 5 or 10 mg) to take the edge off when things got to bad. Any time the symptoms got too bad he would give one of these extra doses . With time they extra dose would get smaller and farther apart until not even needed. I would suggest this for you. Maybe 5 mg more on occasion to take the edge off.

#99 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:07 AM

I will give this time until the end of the week. When I'm not better then I will go to 25mg again I think.
I've taken 0,25mg xanax  yesterday and today to coop with the anxiety.

I will go get Nustasium tomorrow morning to use instead of xanax. 

it's hard to coop guys, pffffff

thanks for the support

#100 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:23 AM

I've got nustatium now but it's sold primarily sold as an sleeping aid. can I take it during the day for anxiety without falling asleep?

#101 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:25 AM

Does it mention that it is also good for allergies?

#102 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:48 AM

at the pharmacy they told me that's also for hay fever.

on the leaflet, there is mentioned that it's a difenhydramine from the H1-antihistaminica class with sedating power

#103 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 October 2016 - 01:00 PM

The label is absolutely correct. The H1 and H3 antihistamine receptors are strongly linked to anxiety. It is likely to cause sleepiness during the daytime when you first begin to use it. Actually I wouldn't worry about it causing you to sleep but just drowsy. Reflexes can slow a little so don't drive if you feel too drowsy. The sleepiness effect decreases with time and I would recommend that you start with 25 mg when you first start taking it during the day to see how it effects you. Also you should use 50 mg at night to help induce sleep.

#104 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 October 2016 - 01:14 PM

Thanks FH, my sleep is pretty okay. I start sleeping when I lay down at 11 till 5 or 6 o clock or even later.

Its only the anxiety, many eye floaters and pinch skin that worry me. the skin the most but there is nothing I can do about that I think HE?

#105 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:06 PM

The floaters and skin issues are just a matter of time. The early physical symptoms usually last 4 to 8 weeks. Other symptoms will enter the picture as others fade. That is why going slow is so important so that things don't get to bad.

#106 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:26 PM

so FH I should go back to 25mg and slow down by 5mg a month for example?

#107 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:31 PM

I'm inpatient because of the side effects. sorry for my wining guys.

#108 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:32 PM

Yes, if need be. It just depends on how well you can handle your current symptoms. If you can deal with them then just stay at your current level until you feel better. If they are too much for you, go back to "25mg and slow down by 5mg a month". Listen to your body. The symptoms you are feeling is a warning that things could get worse if you drop the dose again right away..

#109 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:35 PM

I'm inpatient because of the side effects. sorry for my wining guys.

We sure can understand that.But the withdrawal can be as bad or worse as the side effects. You have already come a long way but you have to be patient.

#110 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:01 AM

Then I go back right away to 25mg as from today because I do not want to fall down completely. the thoughts alone are giving me anxiety and stress. I will do 5mg at 4 to 6 weeks from now on all tough I'm mentally pretty strong.

#111 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:50 AM

Today I went for my second liver detox treatment at my orthomolecular doctor and I've been discussing my case and he subscribed me 5-htp (3x 50mg a day) during my weaning C period.

Hope this helps during my weaning process.

#112 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:56 AM

Some info for you to read.

5HTP

Warnings on its use.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3415362/

Moderate effect of 5HTP on anxiety
http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/3312397

Side Effects
5-HTP is POSSIBLY SAFE when taking by mouth. However, some people who have taken it have come down with eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome (EMS), a serious condition involving extreme muscle tenderness (myalgia) and blood abnormalities (eosinophilia). Some people think EMS might be caused by an accidental ingredient (contaminant) in some 5-HTP products. However, there is not enough scientific evidence to know if EMS is caused by 5-HTP, a contaminant, or some other factor. Until more is known, 5-HTP should be used cautiously.

Other potential side effects of 5-HTP include heartburn, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, drowsiness, sexual problems, and muscle problems.
Special Precautions & Warnings:
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: 5-HTP is POSSIBLY UNSAFE when taken by mouth when pregnant or breast-feeding. Avoid using it.

Down syndrome: There are reports of 5-HTP causing seizures in some people with Down syndrome. In one group studied, 15% of people with Down syndrome receiving long-term 5-HTP treatment experienced seizures.

Interactions
Medications for depression (Antidepressant drugs) interacts with 5-HTP
5-HTP increases a brain chemical called serotonin. Some medications for depression also increase serotonin. Taking 5-HTP along with these medications for depression might increase serotonin too much (seratonin syndrome) cause serious side effects including heart problems, shivering, and anxiety. Do not take 5-HTP if you are taking medications for depression.

Some of these medications for depression include fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft), amitriptyline (Elavil), clomipramine (Anafranil), imipramine (Tofranil), and others.
In addition, there are many other drug interactions with 5htp.

5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is a chemical that the body makes from tryptophan (an essential amino acid, which you get from food). After tryptophan is converted into 5-HTP, the chemical is then changed into another chemical called serotonin (a neurotransmitter, which relays signals between brain cells). 5-HTP dietary supplements help raise serotonin levels in the brain. Since serotonin helps regulate mood and behavior, 5-HTP may have a positive effect on sleep, mood, anxiety, appetite, and pain sensation.
5-HTP is not found in the foods we eat, although tryptophan is. Eating foods with tryptophan does not increase 5-HTP levels very much, however. As a supplement, 5-HTP is made from the seeds of an African plant called Griffonia simplicifolia.
Source: http://www.umm.edu/a...m#ixzz2Q0VyOr4w

5-hydroxytryptophan has been used in alternative medicine as an aid to relieve the symptoms of anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, insomnia, chronic headaches, premenstrual syndrome, binge-eating related to obesity, attention deficit disorder, and chronic headaches. 5-hydroxytryptophan has also been used in treating certain seizures and symptoms of Parkinson's disease.
Source: http://www.drugs.com/

A total of 74 drugs (242 brand and generic names) are known to interact with 5-hydroxytryptophan.
55 major drug interactions
19 moderate drug interactions
For the complete list and to see what the interaction is go to:
http://www.drugs.com...
1. 5-HTP is changed into serotonin
2. Our body uses tryptophan to make 5-HTP
3. Vitamin B6, vitamin C, folic acid and magnesium are necessary for the metabolization of tryptophan. In addition, tyrosine and phenylalanine compete with tryptophan for absorption.
4. Several dietary, lifestyle, and health factors reduce the conversion of tryptophan to serotonin, including cigarette smoking, high sugar intake, alcohol abuse, excessive consumption of protein, hypoglycemia and diabetes.
5. Depression, anxiety, irritability, impatience, impulsiveness, inability to concentrate, weight gain or unexplained weight loss, slow growth in children, overeating and/or carbohydrate cravings, poor dream recall, and insomnia can all be signs that a person may need more tryptophan.
6. The following foods contain tryptophan: red meat, dairy products, nuts, seeds, legumes, soybeans and soy products, tuna, shellfish, and turkey.

5-HTP can be a wonder drug for anxiety and depression but MUST be used correctly.
1st – Start out slow. Build slow
50 mg once per day for 3 days
50 mg twice a day for 3 days
50 mg three times per day for 3 days then
50-50-75 for 3 days
50-75-75 for 3 days
75-75-75 dor 3 dats and then
100-75-75
100-100-75
100- 3 times a day (maximum dose).
As you ramp up watch for stomach upset (stop at that point)
If at anytime your symptoms are minimal do not go up any more.
2nd – Absolutely do not take with a ssri/snri as it may cause seratonin syndrome (easily recognized by a fever over 102F.
3rd – Check list of incompatable drugs. http://www.drugs.com...=3HYPERLINK"http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/5-hydroxytryptophan-index.html?filter=3&generic_only"&HYPERLINK "http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/5-hydroxytryptophan-index.html?filter=3&generic_only"generic_only=
4th – After you have been emotionally stable for a couple weeks you need to slowly, slowly decrease the 5-HTP as your system may not need as much now that it has had a chance to catch up. Many people start out using 150 mg/day and feel fine and then taper down to 75 mg for the long haul. This is important as with long term usage 5-HTP can deplete some necessary nitrients in the body.
5th – 5-HTP can be gotten for our body by consuning foods rich in tryptophan along with a small supplement of Vitamin B6, vitamin C, folic acid and magnesium. Foods high in tryptophan include red meat, dairy products, nuts, seeds, legumes, soybeans and soy products, tuna, shellfish, and turkey.
6th - Depression, anxiety, irritability, impatience, impulsiveness, inability to concentrate, weight gain or unexplained weight loss, slow growth in children, overeating and/or carbohydrate cravings, poor dream recall, and insomnia can all be signs that a person may need more tryptophan.
7th - Several dietary, lifestyle, and health factors reduce the conversion of tryptophan to serotonin, including cigarette smoking, high sugar intake, alcohol abuse, excessive consumption of protein, hypoglycemia and diabetes.

#113 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:11 PM

Thanks FH!

I will give it a try. I have great believe in this doctor. I must have believe in someone here, don't I?

#114 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:20 PM

Hts,

A lot of reading for you tonite. Give us an update on the HTP.

Remember what FH said about withdrawal, that it's not meant to be comfortable, just tolerable!

Have you reinstated to 25? And in what part of world are you today?

#115 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:39 PM

Hi Gail, today I took 20mg and 2x50mg 5-htp and I had a fine day except of my floaters. I was able to be concentrated all day so I performed very well...hell yeah!

I'm in Belgium, Flanders till the 6th of November. The 7th I'm off to Moskou. Next year I've planned already vietnam/Spain 3 times/ france/ NY/ Iceland

#116 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:11 PM

Hey HTP,

Jesus, all that traveling, plus withdrawing! That is not the norm here, good for you!

The fact that your mind can plan all those future travels tells me that you are fine. And thank your lucky stars or the Master upstairs!

I sure hope for you that you can stabilize at 20mg.

Looking forward for the next update. And as for the floaters, I don't want to scare you here, they are there to stay. Hope you saw an optometrist to be sure it has to do with floaters and not the retina. Make sure of that!

#117 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:35 AM

Hi Gail,

Mentally I'm pretty okay...sometimes I'm anxious but that's because of the fysical issues that's coming along.

I hope my floaters will fade away the most because now there are to many. I can't believe that they all will stay there.
I will be going to an optometrist beginning of next year because I do not want to go for a lasertreatment before the withdrawal is finished.

#118 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:55 AM

Goodmorning Gail,

Mentally I'm getting pretty strong... my job is giving me back my energy alltough it's hard work to manage a company with almost 30 people.
I'm started excercizing back again and that's giving me back my joy again so thanks for that! Only the fysical issues from the withdrawal are giving me
anxiety sometimes. I hope that the 5-htp supplements will give me some support/relief on that! 

As to my floaters I will be going to my optometrist after the complete withdrawal because I can't really believe that ALL floaters will stay. They are to many.

Or do you suggest that I have to go faster on that?

#119 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 October 2016 - 07:50 AM

Hey HTS,

Just a few words here. I would urge you to go see that optometrist sooner. Just to make sure that these floaters have nothing to do with the RETINA.

#120 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:23 AM

Gail's right. If they are not related to the retina you can wait.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users