• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kburbs

kburbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:13 PM

I am on day 3 of no Cymbalta, dropped from 60 mg to 30, I am not myself, I am either angry over nothing or balling my eyes out over nothing. I am having horrible unhealthy thoughts, I was put on this medication for anxiety and depression. even before I started comeing off this damn pill I have not been okay, im scared and I just don't know what to do anymore, I know I need to get through the withdrawals but how much longer, im dying here and have very little help from any doctor

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:37 PM

Hello KB

You need to immediately get back on the 30 mg (if you were ok at that level) and then bead count. The FDA and manufacturer have issued warnings about abrupt discontinuation.  At this point for you things will only get worse. One you are back on the medicine and feel somewhat stable you can start bead counting. Open the capsule and count how many tiny beads are inside. Usually around 300 but it can vary considerable. Once you count the beads plan on dropping about 1% a day. So if you have 300 beads you will remove 3 beads more each day. day 1 remove 3 beads, day two 6 beads, etc. This is much safer and more controllable. It may still be a tough ride but you can do it. Get back on it immediately.

#3 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:39 PM

Hello Kburbs,

You are having a hard time here, but we are here for you.

If you would have said that you felt ok on Cymbalta, I would say reinstate and bead count. Seems as this is not the answer here.

So I would suggest to this that you take a low dose of Prozac or Zoloft to smooth this withdrawal. It would take a bit of time to kick in thought.

I don't know your story about antidepressants, and how long on 60, on 30?

Anything worked for you up to date? How is the anxiety? We got a few tips on that to help.

Come back and tell us more, we listen and help if we can.

#4 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In The Stratosphere
  • why_joining:
    Additional support outside my atmosphere.

Posted 18 September 2016 - 03:18 PM

Hello KB,

I myself would agree that going back and bead countin might be what is best for you. But do your research and see what works best for you. It's rough when something that is supposed to help you makes you feel worse.

We are all here for you if you need us. Please keep us updated.

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 September 2016 - 03:34 PM

I just want you to know that Gail's idea was a good one also. The key is how good were you doing on the 30 mg. Going back to it is typically a quicker relief than changing to Zoloft or Prozac which may take a few weeks to kick in but if the 30 mg of Cymbalta was still making you feel terrible than a switch might be in order.

#6 Pittbullmomma

Pittbullmomma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:22 AM

U came to the right place?!! Go back on the Cymbalta right away if u were doing good on the 30mg. Cold Turkey is NOT good for anyone!!I speak from experience.

#7 Pittbullmomma

Pittbullmomma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:32 AM

The ? Mark was a slip of the finger. Lol. You have most def come to the right place!

#8 kburbs

kburbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:00 PM

since posting this I have not gone back on it and am feeling worlds better

#9 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 24 September 2016 - 08:52 AM

Hi KB,

Wonderful news, thank you for taking the time to update.

Some people have no symptoms of withdrawal after stopping. You seem to fit in this category and good for you, you are blessed.

Do come back to update later on!

#10 kburbs

kburbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:11 AM

Hey Gail, there was defiantly a few hard days where I was just stuck in bed and my mother had to take my two year old, and I don't feel 100% back to normal but I can function now

#11 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:11 AM

Right, I remember this. Short lived compared to many that spend weeks and weeks, not to say months, being sick like a dog.

I am happy for you, and this gives much hope to many newbies.

You should hear the horror stories at times. So, KB, count your blessings! And never forget that progress is not linear. See you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users