• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ajax

Ajax

• Site Supporter
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:45 PM

Hi,

I've been off for about 5 weeks.  My husband went out last night as a zombie and used some old talcum powder to make his blue

face paint look really dead.  when he came home, and washed it off, the smell was so overpowering I was panicked.  I needed to get

away from that toxic smell (of baby powder) no matter what.  I finally had to take an ativan to calm down and go back to sleep.  I

also am having very strong responses to the detergent aisle at the grocery, my neighbor's dryer sheet smell coming in the window.  I

have had these sensations for a long time due to my fibro (which kind of means due to we don't really know what but my nervous

system was messed up). Now the sensations seem stronger/worse.  Is this a rebound effect?  Like the cymbalta reduced these

symptoms a bit, and now they are back with a vengence and will eventually dissapate to their former annoying, but not panick-

inducing level?

Thanks.

Ajax

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 October 2016 - 02:12 PM

Hi Ajax

First of all, congrats on being Cymbalta free. I definitely think this is a rebound/withdrawal effect. Many on here have complained of being smell sensitive as well as smelling things that aren't there during the withdrawal. As your withdrawal decreases this should return to your original baseline.

#3 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:02 PM

Hi Ajax,

Then there is me...

I have lost the ability to smell many things or taste many as well :(  I have been off for almost 2 yrs and 10 months!

This was one of the poison drug's gifts to me... :o  There have been several

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users