• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gilli

Gilli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:34 PM

Hi I have been taking 30mg cymbalta for 4mth for sciatica. Never sure it worked really. But I have taken myself off it 8days ago. Initially headaches and nausea now just like mild veritgo and uneven emotions ie crying and anxious. I dont want to go to Drs as I dont want to take any other drugs. I never even used to take paracetamol before this. Advice please will withdrawal symptoms get better or worse from here. Im happy ( well loose term of phrase) to put up with this but worried it may get worse please help

#2 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:54 AM

Hello Gillian and welcome,

We can't predict as about 30% go through tough withdrawal. But I would go for it as you did, cold turkey.

Unless symptoms get real bad, then do reinstate. The point is not to feel good, it's rather for the symptoms to be tolerable through this.

Since the nausea is gone already, I would say that you have a chance to be just fine.

Remember, TOLERABLE!

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:57 AM

Hi Gilli

I tend to agree with Gail on this. Something you might consider is using a little Benadryl to help with the emotional swings. It may make you a little drowsy when you take it but it may take the edge off until  this fades. The next two weeks will tell you if it will get worse or not.

I am optimistic though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users