• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tjohnson

tjohnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:49 AM

Hello, I didn't know about this web site until the other day. I have been on 60Mg of Cymbalta for 6 years or so. Cut to 30Mg a day, 1 1/2 weeks ago and I feel like total crap. I talked to my doctor about getting off the Cymbalta because it could cause BPH in men and I have to take another pill to urinate better. Started having vertigo all the time. Doc. said it was the pee pill causing vertigo and I think the Cymbalta was causing it. Get rid of one and maybe the other as well, is how I felt. Now I don't know??? I am so depressed and that is not like me at all, I think because my whole body hurts so bad. I am 59 years old, in good health, broke my back in 1999 and worked until about 4 years ago. Had two back surgeries and have no feeling in either of my feet because of nerve damage. I have had the facet nerves burned in my back.

Getting off this crap and this feeling anxiety all the time is something that I am finding hard to deal with and it is winter here to boot.. I tried some weed the other day and that seemed to help. Put me in a different state of mind where I felt happier and it seemed to take some of the pain away, helped me focus better and helped me sleep better that night. I have a friend who swears there are some marijuana's out there that would help me better than a lot of pills would. Seems like everyone wants you to substitute one thing for another.

I don't feel like doing anything, I am hard to get along with, want to sleep a lot or not for long (is it day or night), seem to have memory loss when talking, sweaty and clammy dizzy and shaky feeling and I loose track easy.

Another thing, and please don't think I am crazy, I have been trapped in the same dream at night since starting Cymbalta. Fun place most of the time and I have given directions so I am learning my way around. Dead people I knew are there sometimes. Most people I don't even know and I am never alone really. One thing I do know, there is a war going on somewhere and it is a war between good and evil.

I tried and can't take fish oil or flack seed oil because it messes my stomach up. I got Myalgia from taking Statins and it never went away so what the hell, they give you Cymbalta because you now have chronic pain syndrome

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:22 AM

Welcome TJ

We heard your story many times before. What a disaster. Once off the Cymbalta the urine problem should clear. The depression, anxiety, vertigo etc are all just par for the course. I might say that from 30 mg you need to consider weaning slowly (very slowly) as things can get worse fast. Also the body aches and pains are usually worse during withdrawal and that should fade slowly after you get off the poison.

Keep us posted on how you are doing and if there is anyway we can help let us know.

#3 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:34 AM

Hello TJ,

Welcome. My opinion is that it would be better to go back to 60mg and bead count from there. Most do pretty good going straight from 60 to 30mg. Doesn't seem to be your case.

Doing this will bring you relief, calm you down. And then when stabilized, do the counting.

You are right about having to substitute one thing for another. Frequent, when we think that we are losing our mind.

By the way Benadryl does good for anxiety, not every day though.

Dreams! You sure sound like the leader of the gang in dreamworld's.

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

Hey TJ, I guess I was brain dead but there is enteric coated fish oil now and it is said to not upset the stomach as it dissolves in the intestines.

#5 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:30 PM

TJ - 

you've got great support here, i highly recommend you stick around. no judgement, just good advice and plenty of shoulders to cry on. 

i can totally relate to your dreams while on cymbalta. mine were episodic - each night i'd pick up where i left off the night before. like binge watching on netflix. that is one of the ONLY things that i found positive about cymbalta. however, the dreams would stay with me during the day - rewinding and playing again (and again) as though i were in the editing room at a film studio. very distracting. on occasion i would have problems separating memories of dreams from reality. more mundane events within my dreams - like cleaning the house - would seem so real that it was a disappointment to wake up only to discover the house was still a wreck. 

however, as much as it was really cool to have a "parallel life" while i slept, i would rather give that up than deal with the side effects of cymbalta - of which there were many. 

stick with a slow taper as you've been advised. careful with the weed when it comes to anxiety relief. depending on the strain (indica vs sativa) it can actually exacerbate anxiety - especially the edibles with a higher concentration of THC. if you can get your hands on real medical marijuana go for a higher level of CBD than THC. less high but more relief. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users