Photo

Please Anyone Know How Many Beads In Cymbalta 60Mg?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Snowangel

Snowangel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:09 PM

Thank you so much for your response last night. It helps me a lot to think this forum is here for support. Mine are actual cymbalta not generic. Also is 30mg really the lowest dose you can get? I'm in the uk if that makes any difference.

I have tried to come off them before cross tapering with another. It left me going completely mental and I had to go back on them.

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:37 PM

I Don't know what the lowest dose is in the UK but will try to find out. 30 mg is the lowest dose here in the USA. You can come off this evil drug. It is just a matter of going extremely slow. If there are difficulties then there are other medicines that can be taken to help the symptoms rather than cross tapering to another antidepressant.

Having the real Cymbalta is a benefit when tapering as they usually have over 300 little beads inside. That makes it easier to reduce much slower.

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:50 PM

According to Eli Lilley, the manufacturer, Cymbalta is available in 20, 30, 40 and 60 mg in the UK.

#4 Snowangel

Snowangel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:22 PM

Thank you so much. I have tried to Donate, do you have to have a PayPal account?

Are the individual beads the same strength in the 30mg and the 60mg

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:45 PM

I am afraid I don't know the payment set up for this site, sorry.

I know that there was about 360 beads in my 60 mg capsule and around 330 beads in my 30 mg capsules so the individual beads had to be different strengths. By the way when you take out some beads each day don't throw them away. You can go to your local pharmacy and get some empty capsules and use them later.

#6 ButterflyWings63

ButterflyWings63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:26 AM

Yes, there are 20 mg capsules in the U.S.  Through Breckinridge, there's 100 beads.
Once you start the tapering process, it's very important to stay with the same manufacturer.

Every manufacturer will make it in a different manner.  So I told my pharmacy we had to

stay with Breckinridge.

What I did was bought cinnamon capsules from my Dollar store, dumped the cinnamon
into my spice jar and used the empty capsules to save the beads in.

The Cymbalta/Duloxetine capsules are too small to save beads in, in my opinion.  I finally

used a frosting tip to be the funnel to pour the tiny beads into the empty cinnamon capsules.

Hope this helps someone. ;)

#7 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:35 AM

Great post BW. Thanks

#8 VAPOR8

VAPOR8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:16 AM

Just finished counting the beads in my brand name 60mg capsule and the total is 563

#9 Guest_gardenlady_*

Guest_gardenlady_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2017 - 03:57 PM

My Teva generic brand duloxetine 60 mg capsules average 315 beads each. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users