• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hailsmarie

Hailsmarie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:35 PM

I need all of your advice! I posted earlier about how the Tylenol Cold and Flu completely took away my brain zaps, but I need some comfort and advice. My doctor and I agreed that Cymbalta is evil and she decided to put me on 10 MG of Trintellix (a newer SSRI). The reason why I am asking advice is because I am a natural worrywart. I have gone cold turkey off 30 MG of Cymbalta before and had only 4 days of symptoms, but I have since gone through a hard benzo cold turkey (not my idea, last doctor is dumb and he also wouldn't take me off Cymbalta). I have been off benzos for 4.5 months (3 of which were one long panic attack of epic proportions that made me, a normally happy bubbly person hide in my house for 3 months). So I suppose I need some advice because today marks the 8th day I have been off Cymbalta and I was getting a little anxious. I am afraid because even though I have gone off this medication without problems before, I feel completely scared after the benzo incident. I no longer have brain zaps or dizziness and heart palpitations went away. I just don't want to go through hell all over again and unfortunately reading a lot of your stories reminds me of my horrible time spent in withdrawal from benzos. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. (Oh and I stopped drinking caffeine months ago and only drink water with some occasional tea because I also need to lose weight and caffeine is not good for my anxiety/panic attacks).

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,400 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:05 PM

Well HM, usually the second time around with the same benzo or ssri/snri is a little more difficult. But that is typically what happens, each person is different. Trintellix has a fairly significant withdrawal (by what I have read) but not near as bad as Cymbalta. Time will tell.

By the way, the next time you need to come off a benzo let me know. I know a technique (water titration) that allows one to come off benzos slowly enough to avoid significant withdrawal. Also, there are a couple anti anxiety meds that work almost as well and have no withdrawal. They should be tried first.

#3 Hailsmarie

Hailsmarie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted Today, 08:49 AM

Hey I just read your response! What other meds would you recommend? I came back here because even though I am done with the brain zaps and all that "fun" stuff, my biggest struggle right now is with anxiety and panic attacks. I am only taking 10mg Trintellix and 15mg Buspar. I do have some Propranolol 5mg for panic attacks and I took it once but it made me feel weird (like I was having all over body aches). This is just me personally, but I would rather have the other symptoms than panic attacks and anxiety because my ex doctor decided it would be a great idea to cold turkey me from 2mg Klonopin which lead to my 3 month long panic attack. That was back at the beginning of February and now it is May and I just want to be done with the anxiety. I have had panic attacks and anxiety my whole life but never this bad. It made my original problem even worse!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users