• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fletcher34

Fletcher34

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 04:54 PM

I had only been on Cymbalta 60mg for about 6 months and I decided to come off. Dr. told me to go from 60 to 30 for 7 days, then to 20 for 7 days, then 20 every other day, every third, then every 4th day. I was off in a month. I know it was probably too fast, but i figured it was ok since i hadn't been on it too long. Some things I'm going through that I know are withdrawal symptoms is aggression/anger mainly a short fuse and emotional mood swings. I've been able to manage them since I'm aware of their cause. However some physical things have come up. I'm having back pain and tenderness/soreness in my ribcage. Is that a withdrawal symptom?

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:34 PM

Welcome Fletcher

I know that many who were given Cymbalta for pain such as arthritis or fibromyalgia. Those suffered heightened pain on withdrawal. Others have suffered from some increased pain as well but it is not as frequent.

#3 Fletcher34

Fletcher34

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:40 PM

Yeah I wasn't given it for pain so I'm not really sure if it's withdrawal symptoms or not???

#4 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 10 June 2017 - 06:50 PM

Fletcher,

To put your mind at ease, why not have a scan for that area?

It could be related to the withdrawal. We just don't know. A scan would eliminate the count.

#5 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 10 June 2017 - 06:55 PM

Would eliminate the doubt not the count.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users