• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RevTom

RevTom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cym/Dlxtn for pain, now tapering off. More side effects tapering off then I had while on full strength.

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:51 PM

I’m trying to figure out what might be caused by Cymbalta, withdrawal, and what might have another source. I was on generic Cymbalta - that is, Duloxetine - for about six months, at 60mg. I was taking it for pain. It reduced my pain by maybe 15% which wasn’t enough to make it worthwhile.

I went up to 90mg during the first two weeks of May, seeking more pain relief, but not finding it. Then I started on buprenorphine for pain, and it is very effective. However, as soon as I started taking the buprenorphine, I began having negative side effects. My doctor is confident that those are coming from the Duloxetine, not the buprenorphine, and they were indeed the classic ones:

·       Loss of Libido, and other side effects in this area

·       Extreme sleepiness during the day

·       nausea

·       agitation.

·       Muscle weakness

- Difficulty urinating

I decided to get off the Duloxetine, so I bumped back to 60mg. A week or so later, I dropped to 30mg. Two weeks after that I went to splitting the 30 mg pellets, and eyeballing half and half, taking half a day. Two weeks later (yesterday), I did the eyeball thing, and then counted ten out of each group.

I still have most of the symptoms, though there has bee improvement in the area of libido.

For about a week now, I've also been waking up in the morning with massive muscle soreness. I feel as if I have run a marathon without training for it, the day before. I also have numbness in my hands at night, and pain in my hands especially in the AM, but in one thumb all day long.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help and support!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users