• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nwhitt

Nwhitt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:03 PM

Due to a change of insurance coverage I had to abruptly stop taking cymbalta. I'm dizzy, nauseated, tired and I literally feel like when I turn my head my brain catches up with me about 30 seconds later. Does any of this make sense?

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:20 AM

Welcome NWhitt.

I would STRONGLY  suggest you reinstate if at all possible. Going cold turkey is not recommended by the FDA or the manufacturer. It can cause suicide, suicidal thinking, seizures and many other extreme withdrawal symptoms. What you are feeling is just the beginning. If you can't get a new script then have your dr immediately start you on Lexapro, Zoloft or Prozac to get you some relief. Insurance typically covers those and they are not expensive as well.

#3 Nwhitt

Nwhitt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:09 AM

Thank you fishinghat for your response. I have begged for a new script but our new insurance says I have to get in with a mental health professional first and be officially diagnosed since I've only been diagnosed from my doctor. Why isn't that enough? It's very frustrating. In the mean time I'm waiting for an appointment and left without medication. My husband is going through the same over his ADD medication. I can't believe we are being left with nothing. It's highly dangerous

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:13 PM

Can your primary care dr give you a temporary script for Zoloft, Lexapro or Prozac. Don't go through insurance as they may ]deny that too BUT here these script only cost $4 to $10/mth. Much cheaper than Cymbalta.

#5 Nwhitt

Nwhitt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:30 PM

Thank you!! I will call tomorrow

#6 bronxbomber

bronxbomber

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:32 PM

Nwhitt, what's been happening since you last posted? I realize that it was several weeks ago. I hope you have been prescribed some medication by your doctor.

Can you tell us what was prescribed and how you're doing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users