Photo

Did Cymbalta give me permanent side effects?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 LindaVandy

LindaVandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCharlottesville, VA
  • why_joining:
    I had to quit and I needed help, I got it

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

Be careful of Prednisone withdrawal too, that doesn't frack up the mind, but it plays havoc with the heart rate!

#32 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

I've never had a problem with discontinuing Prednisone. In looking that up I see that there can be some side effects.
"Take care when discontinuing therapy. If you take oral corticosteroids for prolonged periods, your adrenal glands may produce less of their natural steroid hormones. To give your adrenal glands time to recover this function, your doctor may reduce your dosage gradually. If the dosage is reduced too quickly, you may experience fatigue, body aches and lightheadedness"
A little more knowledge for all of us.
Thanks Linda

#33 LindaVandy

LindaVandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

Well I did take it for months.... then I used it for pain, then I learned you can't do that. As for the "fatigue, body aches and lightheadedness" i guess my heart was exploding too loudly for me to notice, but as we all know drug labeling is not based in reality. Time to go to the grocery store!

#34 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

Yes a pounding heart would definitely distract you from any other side effects. Unless you were out taking pics of critters lol

#35 LindaVandy

LindaVandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

LOL Lady! Wish I could send you some, but I've yet to figure out how to attach a pic to one of these!

#36 NParcher

NParcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

Hello again ladies!  I had a rough week and couldn't get here to educate myself.  I do enjoy the info but the wit and laughter make life so much more pleasent, TY for making me smile!!  ANYWHO..... I've noticed that the new members here are alittle low in numbers and the old members aren't returning.  I know this hellish drug has taken away my love for life.....I now live in pain, depression, killer anxiety issues.  I didnt know what depression really was until Cymbalta 'pooped out'.  Now almost 2 years off and I try to remember that life was pretty darn good before Cymbalta.  My physcial/mental stuff was managable....but one small capsule was introduced to me by my PCP and here I am today.  Geez I'm rambling, but my original thought (woohoo I remembered it!) WHERE are the folks who struggled so hard to get this crap outta there system?  We need their stories to see if there is life after Cymbalta.  Take care and thank you for allowing me to ramble :)

#37 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

Hi NParcher

I know what you mean. It would be really nice if more of the old members would come back and tell us how they are.

When Kfire91 came on and told her story it really gave me hope as I am one of those people who have now reached 12 weeks off and am still suffering from problems that I did not have before taking Crapalta (I know it is called Cymbalta, but not to me lol). I had begun to fear that this is the way I will be now and to hear that it took Kfire91 6 months to feel like herself again was a big relief. I have hope again.

It is nice to hear that there is life after Crapalta withdrawals as so many struggle and don't know when to expect things to truly get better.  I know that I plan on letting people know when I recover from this and will come back fairly regulately to remind people that there is life after Crapalta.

Crapalta has taught me all about depression, panic attacks, mania and only added to my pain. I was given it for Chronic pain and I hope it has not caused permanent mental damage.

On the upside I have met some fantastic people on this site and I know that I am not alone in this struggle.

On the Meltdown forum, fishinghat has posted an update with his struggle that sounds very promising.

Take care of you

#38 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:
    to share my experience and to ask for help

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

Hello again ladies!  I had a rough week and couldn't get here to educate myself.  I do enjoy the info but the wit and laughter make life so much more pleasent, TY for making me smile!!  ANYWHO..... I've noticed that the new members here are alittle low in numbers and the old members aren't returning.  I know this hellish drug has taken away my love for life.....I now live in pain, depression, killer anxiety issues.  I didnt know what depression really was until Cymbalta 'pooped out'.  Now almost 2 years off and I try to remember that life was pretty darn good before Cymbalta.  My physcial/mental stuff was managable....but one small capsule was introduced to me by my PCP and here I am today.  Geez I'm rambling, but my original thought (woohoo I remembered it!) WHERE are the folks who struggled so hard to get this crap outta there system?  We need their stories to see if there is life after Cymbalta.  Take care and thank you for allowing me to ramble :)

hello! 

the 'life after Cymbalta' stories are good, we indeed need more of them! sorry to hear about your struggles though, and you are doing a very helpful thing by posting this. it then shows the whole spectrum of people's outcomes on here- the ones who recover fully, the ones who take longer. it all helps so newcomers can see that it's a very individual thing.

I am kind of nosy also, I like to see what everyone is up to, so that in itself would keep me coming back ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users