• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Paige

Paige

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:22 AM

When I first started taking cymbalta I already had high blood pressure but it was controlled with meds. As time went on my pulse and blood pressure being to get very high at times and I ended up having to add another blood pressure in the mix to get it controlled. I am 32 and weigh 150, I should not have that high of blood pressure. I told my doc that I knew it was the cymbalta causing it and he disagreed of course. I have quit this drug 3 times. Once cold turkey, then by my docs orders of going from 60 to 30 and stopping after 1 weeks. After all the severe withdrawals both of those times I decided I had to slowly ween off. All 3 times I have quit this drug my blood pressure and pulse has rocketed into very dangerous levels. My doctor finally agreed and when he found out how sick I was after weening off like he told me to he was pretty upset. He even had a word about me with the Eli Lily drug reps that came in. He was very concerned and has been on my side since and I am so happy for that. He even requested the name of the book that I have read, The Anti-Depressant Solution.

#2 cool_fs4u

cool_fs4u

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:15 AM

My doctor gave me samples and told me to keep taking amitryptiline. I am finally off of Paxil after 10 or more years on it. Depression and fatigue have been very prevalent in my life.

#3 Becky8171

Becky8171

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:26 AM

My doctor is a psychiatrist/neorologist. I thought I had the best, I've been going to her for 8+ years... However, for, at least, the past year, I feel like she hasn't heard a word I've said (I'll try to spare you all the details of my last appt) and it's just been a crap shoot with different drugs, like so many doctors do. I've been on medications for 10+ years. Currently prescribed, Cymbalta 40mg, Lamictal 200mg, Vyvance 50mg and Lithium 300mg.
I've been telling the doctor for almost the whole year I've been on it that Cymbalta is't doing anything. Finally, I'm getting off. Well not exacty GETTING... I was told to stop taking it and start taking Zoloft 50mg. That's the lowest dose, right? I'm already "dizzy", and crying. I know from running out of my RX's for a few days (because I wasn't given refills as I should have been) that it's going to get bad. I'm going to leave a message for my doctor on Monday morning. Hopefully, it won't be busy yet and she'll pay attention to what I'm saying.

#4 whatanightmare

whatanightmare

Busy Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:25 AM

My pain doctor who prescribed the Cymbalta bristles at the idea that any medications he prescribes could cause problems. He also does not like patients on the internet educating themselves.

Only because I expressed concern about going off Cymbalta cold turkey, he gave me some 30mg samples and I was on my own. It has been a nightmare. He's now punishing me for continuing to complain about Cymbalta w/d side effects. And he told me to see a psychiatrist (it's all in my head).

Support from my doctors? :cry:

#5 Becky8171

Becky8171

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:06 PM

My hairloss is all in my head too! I've lost about 20% of my hair in the past year! A psychiatrist would be a good idea, that's all they do now is prescribe meds. If you want to "talk" you'll have to go to a psychologist . I printed out some info the internet, highlighted the symptoms I was having and gave it to the Dr. and I thought I sensed a bit of attitude too!

#6 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:40 AM

I finally told my doc today that I am weaning myself off of this, because while on it, I was getting blurred vison, and anxiety. He said maybe just go down to 60, but I told him I was already at 30 and he said just to keep emptying some of the granules out of the caps. He didn't seem overly concerned. :?:

#7 carmenc1975

carmenc1975

Busy Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:24 AM

Told my doc I wanted to deal with my "depression" without meds....Hes says he dont believe in that......Do they get royalties from these drug companies? So I quit anyway and found a new doc and I will find another until I find one that thinks I am worth their time.(So far this one is good) I am sick of all the money these guys are getting and mine saw me for not even a minute here is what he said (I want you to keep taking the Cymbalta and Xanax, Here is a RX for Chantix to stop smoking, We will call if any problems with blood work..........I say "I was thinking about coming off Cymbalta and Xanax because I feel like I had a MILD case of depression and could go it without being medicated..........He says I dont believe in that .....then he walks out and I dont see him again) Its almost like hes pissed because I dont bow down and do what he wants me to....I left thinking ...what an ass!

#8 chuckiesd

chuckiesd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:30 PM

Please arrange the experience doctor. I suggest please ask a few friend who know the experience to solve cymbalta problem. Make arrangement and test them mayber 1 / 2 week. See the support for you. If satisfy you can deal to the doctor for the next stage. If not find other doctor who will give you a full support to solve the cymbalta problem for you.

#9 That1TyGuy

That1TyGuy

Busy Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:02 PM

Carmenc, I totally know what you mean. Many of them rather put you on drugs for every little thing that trying to cure yourself any natural way they possibly can. We are beginning to get into a drug dependent society because of money and because of patience and ideas that drugs solve everything which many of us know or have learned that, that is not the case.

#10 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:53 PM

Hi Merlin

Please don't do the 'every other day' thing. We've seen that recommendation so many times and it just doesn't work. These drugs chemically alter the way our brains function and by upping / downing the dose, you are just throwing the brain into confusion. It is far better to reduce the dose, stay on that dose for a while, then reduce again.

The general recommendation is to drop by 10% then wait 3-6 weeks for any withdrawal symptoms to subside before doing another drop.

Good luck
Junior

#11 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:20 PM

I have been on cymbalta for 2 years now and suffer from several of the side effects. After reading so many of the post and realizing I was not alone I scheduled an appointment with my Dr. I explained all the side effects and that until recently I did not realize they were related to the drug and that I wanted to stop. I also mentioned all the side effects that everyone has talked about when trying to get off cymbalta. He understood and was aware of everything I was telling him. He assured me that I would not experience any of the side effects or withdrawls if I followed his recommendation, so here goes. For those of you trying to get off the drug here is what my Dr. told me to do.
Start out taking a 60 one day and a 30 one day alternate for 2 weeks.
Next take a 30 each day for 3 weeks.
Next take a 30 one day and half of a 30 the next day for 2 weeks.
Last take a half a 30 each day for one week and then stop.
I will continue to post to let everyone know how i am doing after the first week I can say I have not experienced any of the withdrawl symptoms and get more excited each day since this seems to be working.

I'll second what Junior says. If you can find the posts of those who've tried this method successfully on here, you'll have struck gold. Look for the posts of those who've tried and failed at this method - the vast majority. People have posted here ad nauseum saying 'this is what my doctor recommends'. You may be one of the lucky ones who has little difficulty getting off Cymbalta, in which case it wouldn't much matter which method you used.

At this stage you've still got a solid dose of Cymbalta in your system every day. Many find they can drop down from the high doses to (eg) 30mg without too much difficulty, then strike problems when they get to the lower doses.

If you're having no problems, good luck to you, but please do keep in mind we're here to help IF you do start having symptoms, and be prepared THEN, to start taking a consistent dose every day, reducing slowly.

regards, Maureen.

#12 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:06 PM

Thansk Junior and Maureen guess I didn't do enough digging, so far it has been 5 days doing the 60 then 30 and have had no problems, however it seems they may start when I try and drop below the 30 mark. I have been using the same Dr. for over 12 years now and really trust his judgement, I can only hope that his assuring me that I would not have any issues is correct. What do the Dr's. do when the patients have sever withdrawls and there plan is not working?

It depends entirely on the doctor - they tend to go one of two ways:

1) Mine, and a some of the others have been horrified at the extent of the withdrawal symptoms, have trusted us to use our intelligence when it comes to researching the experiences of others, listened to what we've suggested regarding slower weaning and encouraged us to do so at a pace which WORKS for us. Mine looked up this site, where I found out about opening the capsules and dividing the contents using clear gelatine capsules - that way I was able to drop between 1 - 2 mg at a time. My GP will not be prescribing Cymbalta again, even though she knows not everyone suffers such difficulty withdrawing. She's not prescribing it again because NOBODY should have to suffer such withdrawals.

2) Other doctors, some of whom have had people get off CYmbalta without difficulty, just disbelieve the extent of the problem; suggest that the person's experiencing problems because they need MORE Cymbalta, not less. etc. People are then torn between following their doctor's instructions, or going against them (which is a difficult thing to do) and following what's suggested here.

I was fortunate in that I have a very, very long history with my GP (15 years); I have had two other complex conditions which have been well beyond the scope of a GP and she's had to rely on what I tell her about those, so that probably helped.

As far as I'm concerned, a doctor's a well-qualified professional who's main aim is to get us, and keep us healthy. I see them as someone I enlist to help me solve stuff to do with my body that I'm not able to do on my own, rather than some sort of magician. I don't go to them to tell me what to do, I go to them to get suggestions as to what I might do.

A good one will respond really well to this, treasure them, a crap one will respond badly, ditch them.

regards, Maureen.

#13 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:59 PM

Maureen I agree 100% I have been using my Dr for the past 15 years as well since he first opened his practice. He listens and works with me based on what I tell him and how I am feeling. As I continue to drop the dose per his instruction and I start to have withdrawls I will be back in his office the next day. So far so good, I don't know if it is just me being excited to get off the Cymbalta or what but I am feeling better every day and looking forward to the day I no longer am taking this horrible drug. I cringe everytime I see a commercial on this on TV and wished I could warn everyone what they may be getting into if they start taking it, thanks again for all of your's and juniors help.

Great to get the positive feedback! As Junior has said elsewhere, it's about quality of life as you withdraw and the benefit of not getting rebounding withdrawal symptoms, which seems to ONLY happen to SOME of those who go cold turkey, or too fast.

Prescription drugs are not permitted to be advertised in Australila, interestingly. It must be quite a different experience for doctors there to have people coming to them asking to be on particular drugs. Most here wouldn't have a clue about the names of drugs for conditions other than their own.

keep us posted about your withdrawal.

regards, Maureen.

#14 Ms_M

Ms_M

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am currently going through withdrawals.

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:57 AM

Support from my doctor has not been so good. He has recently moved his office and it appears his practice has grown. However, it seems to me that he is never really available anyway. Again - it could be the size of the practice. IDK. I had been going in once/month as my dose of Lamictal was increasing. After the last visit where the Cymbalta was removed, he wants to see me again in 3 months. The insanity of that just hit me about 2 days ago.

When I was first feeling bad, I called his office so I could find out of this was w/d or did I need to go to the ER with the stroke I thought I was having... When I gave my list of symptoms - the assistant just about cut me off. When she called back the next day - after hearing from the doc - she really DID cut me off after telling me it was just w/d. Since my sleep med (restoril) wasn't working she said I could take 45 mg instead of 30 mg. They are capsules not tablets, I told her. She told me just to open an extra and just pour some out?! WTH??? I can barely afford my meds as it is - waste some?! Oy. I found out on this site about the plain capsules, but haven't had the energy to get any because of the w/d.

So, as for my doctor - not really feeling the love. My friends, family of choice and my counselor have been the most support. My counselor did make one observation, though, maybe doctors don't say a lot about w/d issues because of the power of suggestion. I could see that to a point - however if patients have called in with w/d symptoms, they should be addressed.

Sorry for the long post!

#15 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:26 PM

Support from my doctor has not been so good. He has recently moved his office and it appears his practice has grown. However, it seems to me that he is never really available anyway. Again - it could be the size of the practice. IDK. I had been going in once/month as my dose of Lamictal was increasing. After the last visit where the Cymbalta was removed, he wants to see me again in 3 months. The insanity of that just hit me about 2 days ago.

When I was first feeling bad, I called his office so I could find out of this was w/d or did I need to go to the ER with the stroke I thought I was having... When I gave my list of symptoms - the assistant just about cut me off. When she called back the next day - after hearing from the doc - she really DID cut me off after telling me it was just w/d. Since my sleep med (restoril) wasn't working she said I could take 45 mg instead of 30 mg. They are capsules not tablets, I told her. She told me just to open an extra and just pour some out?! WTH??? I can barely afford my meds as it is - waste some?! Oy. I found out on this site about the plain capsules, but haven't had the energy to get any because of the w/d.

So, as for my doctor - not really feeling the love. My friends, family of choice and my counselor have been the most support. My counselor did make one observation, though, maybe doctors don't say a lot about w/d issues because of the power of suggestion. I could see that to a point - however if patients have called in with w/d symptoms, they should be addressed.

Sorry for the long post!

You never need to apologise for long posts on here. Post away, even if you just want to vent, that's what it's here for.

Regarding the empty gelatine capsules, try online at first so you know when you get there that they're available. They're not exactly a fast moving line, and when I got to the chemist I had to insist that I checked first that they were available. After someone else's experience (of them wanting to know what they were for - presumably to see if anything else would be suitable) I decided I'd tell them it was for my daughter's school project - using food dye etc. Chemists are no different from doctors and will sometimes just repeat the mantra of the drug company as to what you should and shouldn't do with the drugs.

By the way, it's easy to get 2 x 15mg with your existing 30mg capsules. Open them over a plate and empty half into each side of the capsule, then stuff the end with a piece of bread.

If you do need to 'dump' beads, just keep them in a DRY container for later on, when you're on smaller doses. It IS preferable to take the beads inside a gel cap, but not impossible to take them on their own, PROVIDED you are VERY careful to flush them down your throat, and not damage them with teeth, or add them to food etc etc. Plenty have done it that way.

regards, Maureen.

#16 Doob

Doob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCali
  • why_joining:
    Curently on day 6 of stopping "cold turkey"
    Just looking for some support.

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:02 PM

Hi Amy,
Wow two pills? This is a very nasty drug. I am 50 days or so Cold Turkey and there was
a few weeks of unbearable pain and emotions. It did work for awhile but that was short lived. My depression manifested itself with severe isolation. People,places and most emotion, except for the occassional anger/rage. Cymbalta made it worse at the end. There really was no euphoric effect even when it was working. I just knew if I didn't take my dose I would feel it within 2 hours.
About a year before Cymbalta I had to withdraw from opiates for ab pain and Cymbalta was much worse. I was on 60mg for about 9 months.
Being off this drug is the best thing I have done in the last 5 years.

Good luck.
Doob

#17 Ms_M

Ms_M

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:55 AM

Thanks Maureen!

I have to say, Doob, that the idea that getting off of this is worse than opiate is more than little frightening. I can believe it, though.

#18 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:44 PM

Thanks Maureen!

I have to say, Doob, that the idea that getting off of this is worse than opiate is more than little frightening. I can believe it, though.

One thing I've consistently noticed about people who have problems with their doctor, is that in the US there seem to be nurses manning the enquiries, which we don't have here, they're 'only' medical receptionists, with no role to play at all other than administrative.

You just ring and if the doctor's busy, they call you back, in between patients usually. I've NEVER had one not return my call, and I've had quite a bit to do with them over the years.

(I'd also add that these doctors were NOT in the mental health field, which may have a different reputation here.)

In the last few years nurses have been added to clinics and it has been a fantastic move cos they do things like Type2 diabetes day to day management, asthma management etc - i.e. try to help those with chronic complaints, but you'd STILL be able to talk to your doctor without being diverted to her.

I do hope we don't go down that path, of having to get past the 'keeper' so to speak before getting to a doctor.

regards, Maureen.

#19 Ms_M

Ms_M

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:18 AM

I totally get what you are saying Maureen. If it was a day-to-day thing, I could see it. I called a few doctors yesterday and am hoping to see a new one soon. I was very pointed in explaining to them what was happening to me with my current doctor and what I expected of a new doctor. The lady told me the doctor would call back himself. Yay! The only problem now is affording the initial evaluation. $300 - I have no insurance.

#20 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:20 AM

I totally get what you are saying Maureen. If it was a day-to-day thing, I could see it. I called a few doctors yesterday and am hoping to see a new one soon. I was very pointed in explaining to them what was happening to me with my current doctor and what I expected of a new doctor. The lady told me the doctor would call back himself. Yay! The only problem now is affording the initial evaluation. $300 - I have no insurance.

$300??? eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! I hope you're talking about a psychiatrist. Because I only pay $58 for my GP and that is BEFORE the medicare rebate.

#21 Ms_M

Ms_M

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:57 AM

Yes, the $300 visit would be to see a new psychiatrist.

Also to the previous poster about seeing Cymbalta commercials.... Talking about testing willpower. If I didn't have a new TV... I need one of those old foam bricks to throw at the TV. I usually just change the channel. Jackasses.

#22 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:31 PM

Ms_M

Just be aware that psychiatrists diagnose and treat according to a medical model. There are very few who fully understand the true withdrawal syndrome. They prefer to believe that people are relapsing and either want to up the dose of the original drug, or prescribe others. I've seen this many times now and all it does is throw people's brain chemistry into chaos.

Stick with your guns and do what YOU want. It is your body. You are paying THEM. Not the other way around. They need to work for YOU.

Good luck
Junior

#23 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:42 PM

Ms_M

Just be aware that psychiatrists diagnose and treat according to a medical model. There are very few who fully understand the true withdrawal syndrome. They prefer to believe that people are relapsing and either want to up the dose of the original drug, or prescribe others. I've seen this many times now and all it does is throw people's brain chemistry into chaos.

Stick with your guns and do what YOU want. It is your body. You are paying THEM. Not the other way around. They need to work for YOU.

Good luck
Junior

Dear Junior:

It is shocking to hear that some doctors "prefer to believe that people are relapsing and want to up the dose". It sounds like the -never ending story- because, if a patient wants to quit cymbalta and gets bad symptoms, then the doctor will increase dosage again. It is so good to know through this site, the real withdrawal symptoms, so I´ll know what to expect.
Thank you so much for your comments and knowledge
Cookie

#24 mustanggirl

mustanggirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    Concerned about cymbalta withdrawal

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:00 PM

Doctor said that I could stop cold-turkey today from 30 mg of Cymbalta. Said there were no withdrawal symptoms. Or she said I could take one pill every other day. From what I'm reading, however, I don't believe her or her advice. Very scared to stop taking my 30 mg. Glad I found this site.

#25 Ms_M

Ms_M

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:58 PM

Doctor said that I could stop cold-turkey today from 30 mg of Cymbalta. Said there were no withdrawal symptoms. Or she said I could take one pill every other day. From what I'm reading, however, I don't believe her or her advice. Very scared to stop taking my 30 mg. Glad I found this site.

Like Junior said, most doctors don't even realize this is an issue. I will give my doctor the link to this site when I see him next month. Just a thought.

#26 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:31 PM

Dear mustanggirl:
Cold turkey from 30mg??? and your doctor said there were no withdrawal symptoms?. Next appointment with your doctor ask him how many of his patients have quit cymbalta cold turkey from 30mg and which were their symptoms and feedback.
I know everyone´s body and brain is different, so there must be people that do not suffer withdrawal symptoms and others who do suffer from them. But since we do not have statistics, one doesn´t know in which group we will fall into. I rather be cautious and wean slowly. I took cymbalta 60mg for 5 years. My doctor told me to reduce to 30mg (30mg drop!!!!). So I decided to go slowly from 60mg, to 52m, then to 45mg, then to 37mg, coming down to 30mg. And still I had several symptoms. I can´t imagine what would have been like if I dropped from 60mg straight to 30mg.

Right now I am taking cymbalta 30mg and I am making my reduction plan based on what I´ve read here. My next drop will be from 30mg to 27,5mg and will keep on dropping 10% of dosage each time. There is a lot of information on this board on how to wean slowly based on stories of cymbalta users.

Keep me posted on your decision
Cookie

#27 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:46 PM

Like Junior said, most doctors don't even realize this is an issue. I will give my doctor the link to this site when I see him next month. Just a thought.

Doctors don't know because 1) drug companies don't tell them, and 2) drug companies fund all the research and will only fund studies that have findings that put them in a good light. I have not yet heard of a study revealing protracted withdrawal. As far as I know they only go for 2-4 weeks after discontinuing a drug, by which time many of the symptoms have settled, hence the belief that is all the time it takes. Trouble is, some people get off the drug easily initially, only to suffer major problems several months down the track.

Just yesterday I was getting a blood test done because my iron count is a little low and I was saying to the woman there that I think it's because of the 3 a/d changes from last year. She said 'only 3'. Her doctor had her change several times and she spent a week in hospital. I didn't get time to discuss the details but it just shows how widespread this problem is. It's criminal really. And the scary thing is that when people show symptoms of withdrawal, they are interpreted as symptoms of bipolar - even in the very young. So then they are given anti-psychotics.....

#28 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:10 PM

Doctors don't know because 1) drug companies don't tell them, and 2) drug companies fund all the research and will only fund studies that have findings that put them in a good light. I have not yet heard of a study revealing protracted withdrawal. As far as I know they only go for 2-4 weeks after discontinuing a drug, by which time many of the symptoms have settled, hence the belief that is all the time it takes. Trouble is, some people get off the drug easily initially, only to suffer major problems several months down the track.

Just yesterday I was getting a blood test done because my iron count is a little low and I was saying to the woman there that I think it's because of the 3 a/d changes from last year. She said 'only 3'. Her doctor had her change several times and she spent a week in hospital. I didn't get time to discuss the details but it just shows how widespread this problem is. It's criminal really. And the scary thing is that when people show symptoms of withdrawal, they are interpreted as symptoms of bipolar - even in the very young. So then they are given anti-psychotics.....

Junior:
That is really scary that doctor will confuse withdrawal symptoms with bi-polar, adding psychotics.
cookie

#29 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:48 PM

Junior:
That is really scary that doctor will confuse withdrawal symptoms with bi-polar, adding psychotics.
cookie

Yes it is. And it is even more scary when you hear of kids previously diagnosed as ADHD being REdiagnosed as bipolar. All because of their reaction to the stimulant meds they were put on.

#30 Ms_M

Ms_M

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:26 PM

I totally believe the drug companies don't want to make themselves look bad. It's why I want to throw something at the TV everytime I hear a Cymbalta commercial. :angry: I'm trying not to believe that doctors are being swayed, and they are relying on the research - no matter how flawed it is. However, I am beginning to wonder.

As I said, when I see my doctor - I'm giving him a link to this site and the list of Cymbalta w/d symptoms.

Sorry for being disjointed - I'm a little off today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users