6 replies to this topic

#1 chuckiesd

chuckiesd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:27 PM

Thanks for your story.
It is a good reminder for all cymbalta withdrawer. No all the doctor inform us truely. Sometime they just expect and they just thinking about it. But the pain is happen on the patient. So the choosen of the doctor is important. If you not suitable with them, trying find another doctor who care to infrom you. If posibble please take a evaluation testing with them. Maybe 1 or 2 week. Do noty make any cotract with them until you get what you need for your body.

#2 That1TyGuy

That1TyGuy

Busy Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:42 PM

Yea, I wish it was a perfect world where all doctors actually cared about your best interests and told you the exact truth on what needs tobe done and what will be done and not go with the best way that fits them and those companies that want them to use there products so that they can bribe the doctors with all these freebie things they provide them.

#3 Oeelidu97

Oeelidu97

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:01 PM

A kindergarten pupil told his teacher he'd found a cat. She asked him if it was dead or alive.

"Dead," She was informed.

"How do you know?" she asked her pupil.

"Because I pissed in its ear and it didn't move," answered the child innocently.

"You did WHAT?!?" the teacher exclaimed in surprise.

"You know," explained the boy, "I leaned over and went 'Pssst!' and it didn't move."

We offer WoW Power Leveling and World of Warcraft Powerleveling,world of warcraft power leveling,, Buy Cheap WoW Power Leveling, enjoy best service:
cheap wow power leveling, buy wow power leveling, world of warcraft power leveling

#4 chrisann03

chrisann03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am on day 3 of quitting cold turkey. very bad vertigo and nausea and multiple other symptoms. i have been reading the site for a few weeks now before actually taking the jump and would love to help contribute and ask questions

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:17 PM

i am dealing with trying to get off of this medicine and my doctor thinks i am crazy about my withrawal symptoms. she seems to think i am the only person out there who is having these withdrawals. i printed out the fda alert to show her tomorrow. i am having a heck of a time getting her to sign my FMLA paperwork to get me off work during this so that i do not lose my job...which i am coming close to losing. does anyone else have any other ideas on how to inform her about this and show her that i am not a "rare case"?

#5 barney59

barney59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Cymbalta for several years and my doctor started weening me off 3 wks ago. I am now having symptoms that I don't understand

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:30 PM

My Doc really appreciated the FDA report I took him. To him that was legitimate information. It has the links that your doc could also view if he needs MORE info in order to validate what you are going thru. If that is not enough info...I don't know
I don't know what kind of doc you are seeing. My neurologist also contacted a psychiatrist he knew who had a bit more experience and knowledge about Cymbalta. He also validated this horrible withdrawal problem. These doctors are just finding out about this along with us. Lilly not very forthcoming.

B

#6 chrisann03

chrisann03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am on day 3 of quitting cold turkey. very bad vertigo and nausea and multiple other symptoms. i have been reading the site for a few weeks now before actually taking the jump and would love to help contribute and ask questions

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:46 PM

she's my regular doc, internal medicine. i have been seeing her for a while about my depression and RLS. we have tried quite a bit of different meds and i know she is always prescribing cymbalta to tons of people. my MIL is taking it for her neuropathy. i have sent her here too so she can be weary of the effects everyone has had. also my dad works for lilly on the line that actually produces the drug and he cannot believe the effect it has on me. he has also been on multiple different types of ad's and knows a lot about them but lilly doesnt even let their employees know these things!!!

#7 barney59

barney59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Cymbalta for several years and my doctor started weening me off 3 wks ago. I am now having symptoms that I don't understand

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:41 PM

That is a sad commentary to what these drug companies are all about. It's all about priorities and they have their priorities completely wrong.
B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users