#1 Bat

Bat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 08:29 AM

Hi all,

This is my third time stopping Cymbalta. I stopped Cymbalta 4 weeks ago. I used the every other day method as I didn't have the patience for the beads method especially that I don't get much withdrawal symptoms the first period. During the first month or 6 weeks, I mostly have brain zaps that I can deal with. After the (4-6 weeks), I start feeling inner chills and shakings near my heart, cold hand and feet, few panic or anxiety attacks, feeling unsecure or slightly frightened (part of it I think because of the chills), my sleeps are messed up. 

This was the case too the first two times I stopped Cymbalta. However, the first time I stopped Cymbalta, after 6 weeks, I got involuntary muscle spasms and twitches and chills for around 15 minutes then everything became worse afterwards for two weeks so I took Cymbalta again.

The second time I started developing strong OCD so I took Faverine SSRI then after 6 months I returned to Cymbalta as I got a lot of anxiety and panic attacks.

This time I don't want to go back to Cymbalta or any other med. I hope you can help me. I'm now 34 (male) and started antidepressants when I was 18. The longest time without any meds was for 2 months during this period as far as I remember. Hopefully this time I can bear not taking more meds.

I have some questions:

1 - How long should I endure for my brain to be normal again?

2 - Can I use pharma GABA or it is considered a med and will mess up my brain? (I don't want to be desensitized again)  (I found this on amazon (look below plz))

3- What's a good fish oil brand to get? Does fish oil increase tics (Tourette's syndrome)?

4- Any good supplements to help in the chills and cold feet and hands? I don't know what cymbalta did to my blood vessels. I don't feel this cold when i'm on it.

5- Any other good supplements that doesn't act like caffeine? I have caffeine intolerance, very small quantities can get me a panic or anxiety attack and increases the tics.

My original illness is panic/ anxiety disorder. I only noticed the caffeine intolerance a few years ago...I think this is one of the reasons I've been ill for that long. 

Amazon link (https://www.amazon.c...18317446&sr=8-6)

I sincerely appreciate the time you took to read this 

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 April 2021 - 08:59 AM

1. Research and our experiences here are that it takes around 2 years for the brain to stabilize its control of neurotransmitters.

2. I will take a closer look at the "pharma gaba" and get back to you shortly.

3. Be sure the fish oil (omega 3) is high in epa and dha which are the two forms of omega 3 that help the most. optimum dose seems to be around 2000 mg but not exceed 3000 mg. I know of no link to Tourette's syndrome  but will double check the medical journal. 

4. First of all check your blood pressure as Cymbalta can effect that and cause that issue. If your blood pressure is fine durin g these episodes let us know and we will try to come up with some appropriate supplements that might help.

5. I would strongly recommend you review our free ebook. It is a summary of all supplements and therapies that our members have tried and their outcomes/effects as well as medical research on meds and supplements. A lot of good info. It is the first pinned thread under the Medical Support forum.

• Bat likes this

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:11 AM

2. The  Stress-Relax Chewable Pharma GABA  you limked to does not cross the blood brain barrier. Research says it is of little use for anxiety/depression etc but subjectively a small percent of members report (10%?) have reported a noticable improvement with it, especiallhy in physical symptoms. There are other ingredients in the list of inactive ingredients that are active supplements with a variety of possible side effects, neurological effects (both good and bad) as well as possible allergic reactions and drug incompatibilities. The ebook has details on these. If you are interested in ANY supplements I would strongly advise to try pne supplement at a time inorder to find out what works and what doesn;t. Trying these combined supplements has a greater risk of side effects and if they occur you will not know which ingredient is causing the unwanted effects. 

3. No research shows a link to Tourette's syndrome by omega 3 but the following medical journal articles suggest that Omega 3's may help this condition.

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/29335879/

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/22585765/

• Bat likes this

#4 Bat

Bat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:11 AM

Thank you so much for your help. You are helpful as always!

Will get a blood pressure monitor and get back to you.

#5 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,215 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:14 AM

Hi there Bat,

Just a note on the Gaba, always try to look for supplements that do not use magnesium stearate as a filler. It is a cheap substance used to stuff the pills with so it looks like you are taking a lot more product than the actual Gaba would look like. But the reality is that it can affect the efficacy of the pill. I always suggest finding something with natural fillers so as to optimise the effect of the product.

IUN

• Bat likes this

#6 Bat

Bat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:16 AM

I think I'll start with the Omega 3 then look for other supplements later. How long to be on the supplement to know if it is useful or have side effects or not?

#7 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,215 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:18 AM

Side effects of Omega 3 will show up very quickly but are very rare.

A good couple of weeks is needed to see a potential benefit, although some report sooner

• Bat likes this

#8 Bat

Bat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:19 AM

Thanks so much..I will have a look at the fillers before buying supplements

#9 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,215 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:21 AM

Also check that the Omega 3 is checked for traces of harmful substances - specifically mercury. Again, there are a lot of cheap stuff out there.

Our simple advice is start with a decent supplement to be sure first time if it will be of benefit. Rather than buying cheap, noticing limited or no benefit, only to find buying a better alternative makes that difference

• Bat likes this

#10 Bat

Bat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:29 AM

If I find one I think it is good, can I put it here to make sure whether it is really good or bad? 

#11 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 April 2021 - 11:21 AM

Good Omega 3s are molecularly distilled so they have very low if any contamination. I use....

Amazon.com: Life Extension Omega-3, Fundamental Mega EPA/DHA, 120 softgels. Pack of 3 Bottles: Health & Personal Care

Another good thing to look for is supplements that are purity checked by a 3rd party independant lab.

#12 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,215 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 April 2021 - 12:47 PM

https://www.amazon.c...n/dp/B01GV4O37E

"purified with molecular distillation at minimal temperatures to remove all heavy metals, mercury, PCB's and other toxins"

"100% wild ocean catch; from fresh, deep sea sourced, omega-rich fish; special extraction method for the highest volume of EPA and DHA; sustainable and traceable; triple certified by Marin Trust, Friend of the Seas and Dolphin Safe"

#13 Bat

Bat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 01:32 PM

I'M really thankful :)

I found this too: https://www.amazon.c...1_t2_B000HDV7YS

Is it good? Do i take the 3 capsules once as they say or better to start with 2?

The package looks nice

#14 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 April 2021 - 05:06 PM

That looks good. If it was me I would start with 2 a day and see if it gives you fish breath or indigestion then if needed go to 3 per day. You should know in just a few days if it helps.

#15 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,215 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 April 2021 - 06:00 PM

That looks good. If it was me I would start with 2 a day and see if it gives you fish breath or indigestion then if needed go to 3 per day. You should know in just a few days if it helps.

Agreed

#16 Bat

Bat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 02:25 AM

Thank you Thank you  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users