• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RenW

RenW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 February 2022 - 04:05 AM

Thankfully I'm almost at the end of my taper process.  Thank goodness! 

It is so frustrating feeling like a prisoner on Cymbalta for years.  For me just missing one dose put me in a flare worse than anything I had experienced with my primary conditions  Fibromyalgia and ME/CFS.  Not having my medical professionals support a slow taper has been tough. I got a new doctor and I didn't want them to sabotage my slow taper process. I can't remember what I told him but he ended up prescribing me 30 mg capsules twice a day so I was able to take a break from tapering and take just 30 mg for a while. 

There has been a challenge with the whole taper process that I really didn't think about originally.  But one of the most frustrating things has been how the taper has limited me from trying other potential treatments for my conditions. The best way to try a new treatment is to stabilize as many factors as we can. As long as I was tapering I would never know if a negative side effect was coming from the new treatment or the tapering process. Because of that as long as I've been tapering I've been limiting trying other things. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to listen to my body properly. 

I'm going to be so relieved to not have to worry about that anymore. 

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 February 2022 - 09:15 AM

That last big paragraph says a lot. Very well put. This is such a trial on a person's patience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users