#1 cmonk

cmonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPottsboro,TX
  • why_joining:
    I am in the process of be weaned off cymbalta.

Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:45 PM

O.k I have been trying to get off this crap for about the last month in a half. When I first started trying to come of this crap I went to the Dr and was told how to get weaned off. At this time I was pain free for the first time in 7 yrs from the pain of fibromyagla. I had been going for acupuncture treatments and yes they are wonderful. I noticed side effects flu like systems dizziness,being sick 2 my stomach, diarrhea ect right off the bat. I got on the internet and OMG I was blown away. The pain of my fibromyalga came back with a vengeance. All I wanted to do is stay in bed except for acupuncture treatments.I am a mom and my daughter plays sport so that means I can not just stay in bed. I had to take and extra dose do to my son having surgery. My acupuncturist went on vacation for 10 days and that did not help. I am at the point that I am suppose to take a 30mg for 2 days and off one. This is stupid I decided to just quit this all together. I have gone 3 days no pills. I am playing mind over matter with my self so when I feel like I am going CRAZY I just tell my self this too will pass and even though I feel like I can not think,spell or function I WILL GET OFF THIS CRAP. On a plus side I have a cleaner house than I have had in a year since I started taking this stuff.I try to find the fun in everything but this is ruff.

#2 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:00 PM

Hi Cmonk,

Instead of going cold turkey you may find it more useful to taper off slowly, as many of us have found. Those who've done the skip the odd day have had significant problems, whereas tapering slowly you can go at your own pace.

The reason you were prescribed Cymbalta makes it doubly difficult for you, because even those of us with no major underlying pain issues before Cymbalta find that just about every nook and cranny of our body decides to hurt when trying to withdraw from the drug. I haven't had a much of a problem as some, but have (eg) had a muscle damaged in a motorbike accident 30 years ago hurting for the first time in decades. That's just for starters, and all that's improved with the tapering instead of dropping completely, so hopefully your underlying condition will improve with time.

regards, maureen.

#3 cmonk

cmonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPottsboro,TX
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:11 PM

The way my Dr. has been weaning me of is we started with 60mg 1 night then 30 the next . Then we went to 30 mg every night then 2 nights on and 1 off. I had been doing pretty good till now and after I did my last post I just lost it. I was crying and freaking out. A good friend told me I was having and anxiety attack and told me to take a Xanax. I did and calmed me down. I am so afraid to start taking the cymbalta again and have to go through all this again. I only had 1 Xanax left (due to I do not like to that them unless it is the last resort) I have to call my Dr. in the morning and will see what she has to say.
Doesn't it take 14 days to get totally out of the body? If I have gone this far why start taking them again????

#4 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:22 PM

Yes, you may want to continue with the totally off system, it IS no doubt completely out of your system.

It's just that your brain has to catch up with how to operate without it.

The reason many of us go back on, then taper down slowly is because the withdrawal effects can be disabling.

(eg, I'm self employed in a Christmas related business, am flat out at the moment, but made so many mistakes after trying to drop even from 10mg, that I had to take it again - albeit only 7.5 mgs which stopped the symptoms.)

Just be aware that doctors are not really familiar with what can and does happen, because the drug company chooses to not tell them. Try having a trawl through some of the older posts.

And keep in touch,

regards, Maureen.

#5 cmonk

cmonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPottsboro,TX
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:09 PM

I decided to take a pill. I started to cry again and did not to freak out my kids. I have to go through some of the other post and get with my Dr. and figure out how to tapper off slower. I was trying to be so strong and I was just afraid to admit it is just going to take a little bit longer no matter how strong a person is. One thing is for sure I REFUSE TO SCARE MY KIDS AND LET THEM SEE ME FREAK OUT AND CRY. Thanks for the advice.

#6 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:36 PM

Don't feel as though you've let yourself down. I DO understand how you feel - my impatience got the better of me, too.

Do be aware that your doctor may know less (about this) than those who've posted here with their experience - my GP had no idea it was going to be like this - they only have the drug company or patient feedback. After all, if doctors knew what it was like for so many people, they'd never prescribe it for depression.

Mine certainly won't again: but there's the catch 22 - a doctor who DOES know what it's like won't prescribe it. Those who DON't know what it's like, will.

Empty gelatine capsules will be available somewhere (I found them at a large chemist by searching within their site).

You may find you don't even need the whole 30mg now that you've been off it for a bit (in order to avoid the withdrawal). I was trying to alternate days with 30mg, changed to 15mg per day - all withdrawal symptoms disappeared but was quite depressed, so increased to 20mg, then went 15, 12.5, 10, 7.5 now 5mg - staying at each one for five or six days.

take care, and let us know how you get on.

Maureen.

#7 Meanna

Meanna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am scared out of my mind with side effects of cymbalta withdrawals.

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:16 AM

I was so untrusting of doctors after my experiences while on this drug, and getting off, that I decided to do my own research and wean off on my own and not seek "doctor's" help. I'm finishing my doctorate as it is, in chemical engineering, and I feel I know more about this drug on my own reasearch than about 75% of the quacks that are handing it out like candy to get their cut.

I went through 2 days of extreme sickness. Nausea, diahrrea, the brain buzzes, I posted about my worst day on here almost exactly one week ago, although nobody responded. It was a long post, maybe that was why. Either way, just writing it helped me, and you are NOT alone. I can't recommend my weaning off process to everyone because everybody's body is different, including the amount/dose they were on, and the absolute willingness (and capability, considering I live alone so it makes it a little easier) to go through the painful days and just push straight through like pulling off a bandaid. I make my own schedule, so if there are days when I suffer too much and cannot drive for my own safety on the road and that of everyone else on the road (this is the third day this has happened, after nearly 2 weeks of ZERO cymbalta), but I know that's just not palpable for other people that have a family and obligations to do the same thing.

Mentally, I'm doing ok. But phyiscally, I still have one day out of the blue where everything seems normal and then - BAM - I get overwhelmingly sick all of a sudden, for no reason, for the rest of the day/evening, as a surprise because I do not vary much from my daily diet or routines. It happens very quicly but also takes over my entire body. It usually passes when I sleep, but is excruciating while I'm awake, enough to not let me sleep unless I take half of an Ambien. This is the third time this has happened since I stopped completely. Thursday will be my 2-week anniversary (cake and champagne anyone?). But I vowed to myself NO MATTER WHAT I would not let a dallop of this back into my system. And I haven't relapsed for a second. I'm not turning back to this crap. No matter what it takes.

Again, I have to advise this is NOT the right path for everyone, and you have to listen to your body, how long you have been on it, etc. But I was determined enough to go through (luckily in many ways, but unfortunately in another way) the worst phyiscal pain I can say I have ever experienced. Along with the feeling of being asleep while you are awake (long-term brain zaps). Along with a devastating breakup because he did not understand, after a year. But I know in my heart if he didn't after so long of me trying to explain and send websites, if you don't go through this or know somebody that did, there's a good chance you never will understand. And I moved on.

In a lot of ways my mind and spirit are improving, and suffering one day a week or so is a very small price to pay for my stupid decision to opt for a pill instead of counscelling to deal with my depression. I was SO critical of antidepresssants, and I nearly begged the "doctors" that I wanted to do the counscelling WITHOUT any medication, but it was nearly forced down my throat for visit after visit. since I began there. And I finally was desperate and gave in, looking for a fix they assured me over and over again would help me in conjunction with counscelling. Yeah, right. I know it may help some people tremendously, but this drug in particular is evil, devastating, and could have devastated me for much more of my life if I didn't get away when I did after 3.5-4 months. I can only hope we are all here with the same goal. I'm still surprised it's even on the market after hearing all of these stories recently, in the older archives, and the prozac-truth side effects website. It's just wrong, and people need to be made AWARE.

#8 cmonk

cmonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPottsboro,TX
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:33 AM

Thanks to all that replied it has helped. I made the mistake of calling a good friend all I got was you need to suffer through it and think of your kids. By the end I got off the phone and cried for 2 hours. He even told me to call my elderly parents home from vacation to take car of me. The fact that I do not have to take of my parent with them away till Nov. has helped me I would not dare have them come home. People who are not going through this are the worst ones to talk to. For now on I think I will just post how I feel on here rather than talk to people that do not have a clue what I am going through. Thanks again!!!!

#9 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:51 AM

Meanna sorry you didn't get answered. I find it a bit difficult sometimes to keep up with the threads, and just go to 'read new posts' which seems to get 'rolled over' every 24 hours.

Cake and champagne. YES PLEASE!!!!

Thanks for your story, and keep in touch.

Maureen.

#10 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:53 AM

Hi Cmonk

Glad you've found this site helpful - I don't know what I'd have done without it.

You're right about the withdrawal effects and explaining to those who are not going through it. The physical stuff is probably doable, but trying to explain the emotional lability is really hard to do.

take care, Maureen.

#11 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:26 AM

Hi all

Meanna and Cmonk
Apologies for the non-replies. I'm in week 3 of a brand-new part-time job (mental health worker) so I've been doing a LOT of adjusting. Things are starting to fall into place though and I'm really starting to like it, so that's good.

Meanna, you mentioned that you are doing a PhD. I take my hat off you. I finished my 4th yr in psychology just last year and that was enough for me! The door is open for me to do a masters but I don't know... I'm nearly 47, have a son with autism, hubby and I always said we would travel when we got to middle age.. blah blah blah...

You also mentioned that you are very distrustful of doctors and that you didn't want to take a'ds in the first place. I have no problem with Drs in general, it's a matter of having one with whom you are comfortable, and my philosophy is: if you don't want to follow what they recommend, why go to them in the first place? This is not a criticism of your beliefs. It's a criticism of my mother's! She has always been a strong believer in natural remedies and used to refuse to take her a/ds, even when IN a state of depression. As a sufferer of depression myself (5 episodes in my life), and from studies, I've had a long standing belief that the best form of treatment for depression (except maybe in very mild cases) is a combination of medication and therapy. I say that because when a person is in deep depression, they are simply not in a state where they will be responsive to therapy. When they have resolved their issues, and their brain has stabilised (minimum of a year I think), then it is ok to withdraw the a/ds. Additionally, there is endogenous depression where there were no external triggers. AND people who are treatment resistant. It is a complex area.

Having said that, people DO have a choice and they have a right to have their choice respected. Did your DR ever suggest referring you to a therapist? It may well have been the best option for you. Who knows? Thankfully counselling /therapy is being recommended more and more here in Australia.

CMonk
I know things are tough right now. Just keep believing that they will get better. Remind yourself that you are in withdrawal from a horrible, horrible drug and that it WILL pass.

Junior

#12 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:14 PM

Cmonl, and Meanna,
Welome, sorry I missed both of your stories, it's getting hard for me to keep up lately.
Just on a new decrease x's 7 days, and it only just really hit me the past couple of days.

Anyway, I am sorry that all of this has happened to you, but glad you found this site.
It saved my life, and has taught me so very much how to withdrawl at my own pace,
also being that I just couldn't handle my withdrawls, went on Prozac to help with them.
Never would have know about this had it not beeen for this place.

Glad your reading lot's of posts, and found my favorite site, the one with all the withdrawl
symptoms. It does help when you think something is wrong, and then look on the list only
to find it's just a withdrawl, and not you!!!

We are alll here for you, and I just know you will find what will work best for you.
All the other's already have given you the greatest advice.

Always here for you,
Debbie

#13 barney59

barney59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Cymbalta for several years and my doctor started weening me off 3 wks ago. I am now having symptoms that I don't understand

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:03 PM

Junior,

It's interesting that you should metion therapy for the withdrawals. I'm now day 19 off cymbalta. Drove for the first time today...to a therapist. Although Prozac was offered to help me thru, I declined. I was not going to take a drug to help me get off of one (I am not saying Prozac is not beneficial, just not right for me). Anyway, she will be helping me thru the rest of my withdrawals. And since my family has suffered right along with me during the time I was on Cymbalta (and as I have been withdrawaling), they will get some counseling also. My Neurologist is also very receptive to the idea of me going to a homepathic doc. He is even going to help me get in to see one. I think I am finally on the down side of this, although the therapist warned it could be weeks, even months (which we all know to be true). Still having lightheadedness, dizzy, unstable on my feet, and still the extreme achiness and pain deep in my chest. The brain zaps still occur, but it seems only toward evening when I'm more tired.I think tonight I will enjoy a glass of wine. Something I have not done in a long time.

B

#14 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:55 PM

Barney

Glad things are starting to work out for you. I'm just back on my 40mg of Paxil and I plan to stabilise on that for a few months before doing anything else. But... another forum I go to (Paxil Progress), people have talked a lot about this 'poop out' thing and how the symptoms are the same as going cold turkey. I've been on medication for @11 yrs now (by choice, as I suffer from GAD as well as Major Depressive Disorder) and I really don't want that to happen to me. So I'm going to discuss all of this with my psychiatrist / psychologist (he's both) and hopefully we can work out a plan of action for the future. The most likely scenario is that I will need to do a very slow taper along with the therapy, and relearn how to cope without medication.

It's silly. I'm a 4th yr psychology graduate. I thought I had all of this sorted, both in terms of what I wanted for me, and my professional view. Now I'm not sure what I believe. Previously I believed that a combination of medication and therapy was the best way to treat many mental disorders. Maybe I still do, but perhaps medication should only be used for a maximum of say, 2 years. I say that because it is known that it can take long for the brain to stabilise after a depressive episode. I don't know. This is all part of what I want to discuss with my therapist. Hmm.. therapy for the therapist! LOL!... Just as well I've ended up in a community based organisation as a mental health worker, and not in professional practice!!! .. You have to laugh.... otherwise you cry....

Must go. I have a PD workshop to attend.
Kind regards
Junior

#15 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:56 PM

PS - I recommend homeopathic supplements. I've been to a naturopath as well and she has put me on about 6 different supplements. I have no doubt that they are helping.

#16 cmonk

cmonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPottsboro,TX
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

Well I called my Dr. and was told GOD MAYBE YOU NEED TO GET BACK ON A ANTIDEPRESSANT! You think? I told the nurse that I finally took a pill and was looking into lowing my doses with what I found on this site. I think I did all the talking except when she wanted to know where to the Xanax in to. I fill like someone is squeezing my head and I am not thinking very well but no crying. Thank god.I still do not know how I am going to do this or if I am going to take a pill tonight or not but I am going to try to go to acupuncture tomorrow and go from there . Hopefully I will feel better after that. I had already talked to my 20yr son about what was going on and he is supportive with me. I talked to my 11yr this afternoon and she new that I had been having a hard time and that this is not an easy time right now and not to worry even it I cry for no reason. If I sound like I am babbling I must be........Thanks for all the support!!!!

#17 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:08 AM

Cmonk

Every time you skip a dose (or two) then take a Cymbalta again, you go through withdrawal and then re-introduction. That's why everyone recommends a taper.. because it's constant and your body has time to adjust to the lower dose before you decrease it further.
Whatever you decide, I hope it works OK for you

Junior

#18 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:57 AM

Cmonk,
This is hard enough just slowly weaning your self offf this awful drug, but to try cold turkey
is really not the best way to do it. It always says do not stop abruptly!

With Cymbalta, and all the hell it cuased me just being on it, let alone doing a slow wean, it's
still not easy for me, and I had to go on the Prozac. I am having a hard go of it right now
because I did a decrease 9 days ago, and it takes about 6 days or so before it hits my brain that
it's not getting it's full dose.

It's your brain that is addicted to this drug, and that's why when you take a pill you feel better, or
normal again. They are saying that this is just as hard to get off of as Oxycotin!! I know that this
is way harder, as it only takes about 7-10 to withdrawl from that narcotic, and then your done.
Also they have detox meds they can put you on to help with the withdrawls, not so with this drug.

Please read lots of posts, and I am sure you will see how we all learned how to do it. Look in some
of the older posts as one person actually has done how many beads equal what, down to 1 mg.

Always here to support you how ever you do it,
Debbie

#19 paigeg

paigeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    on day 10

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:27 PM

Hi ya'll,
Day 10 for me, pretty much cold turkey. Took 60 mg (some days 120mg) for ~2-3 years for fibromyalgia. I was on xanax at night for awhile during my divorce. Finally got off the xanax, bam got restless leg syndrome in my hands and feet EVERY night. Started mirapex for that. It helped with RLS but reaaly weird dreams, weight gain, the daytime reflection to the weird dreams made me look at side effects of all this. My Dr. has been NO help, he has been too busy to see me past one initial visit with the PA. Sooooo, finally during my own research realized the RLS is probably because of the cymbalta so to get off mirapex Ineeded to get off cymbalta. WOW! After reading ALOT, took 60mg for a week, 30mg for a week, off 3 days, took 30mg, then off. Now on day 10! Whew. RLS quit on day 5-6ish, verifying that side effect, so quit mirapex then. Brain zaps have calmed greatly. Totally nauseous ALOT of the time. Short fused and fiercely fighting it as I have a darling 7 year old. She was not with me days 3-9, thank goodness! Fuzzy head is unbelievable, hard to work and stay focused (this seems to have been common while taking the cymbalta, too).

]Keeping it all in perspective that all this shall pass, but wow, really close sometimes. I am a well educated reality based person. Hard to believe the the difficulty of keeping all of this in check. Shooting for the 2 week mark at the moment, as a goal to celebrate.
Paige

#20 cmonk

cmonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPottsboro,TX
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:32 PM

I took another pill last night just to decide what to do from here. I thought it would help me think clearer. I have some gelatin pill and I am going to tapper off slower. I have had a stomach since I went back on and I embarrassed my self today, I looked at the clock wrong and thought my daughter should have called (she is in a school play and takes the bus from her school about 1 mile to the high school) and I freaked and called the high school and left a not so nice message on my daughters vm the realized
I was off by an hour. So I still feel like I am going crazy. Thanks for all the support I am getting here. It is nice to know that I am not the only one to feel like I am going crazy.

#21 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:35 PM

Hi ya'll,
Day 10 for me, pretty much cold turkey. Took 60 mg (some days 120mg) for ~2-3 years for fibromyalgia. I was on xanax at night for awhile during my divorce. Finally got off the xanax, bam got restless leg syndrome in my hands and feet EVERY night. Started mirapex for that. It helped with RLS but reaaly weird dreams, weight gain, the daytime reflection to the weird dreams made me look at side effects of all this. My Dr. has been NO help, he has been too busy to see me past one initial visit with the PA. Sooooo, finally during my own research realized the RLS is probably because of the cymbalta so to get off mirapex Ineeded to get off cymbalta. WOW! After reading ALOT, took 60mg for a week, 30mg for a week, off 3 days, took 30mg, then off. Now on day 10! Whew. RLS quit on day 5-6ish, verifying that side effect, so quit mirapex then. Brain zaps have calmed greatly. Totally nauseous ALOT of the time. Short fused and fiercely fighting it as I have a darling 7 year old. She was not with me days 3-9, thank goodness! Fuzzy head is unbelievable, hard to work and stay focused (this seems to have been common while taking the cymbalta, too).

]Keeping it all in perspective that all this shall pass, but wow, really close sometimes. I am a well educated reality based person. Hard to believe the the difficulty of keeping all of this in check. Shooting for the 2 week mark at the moment, as a goal to celebrate.
Paige

Hi Paige, the fuzzy head and hard to focus on work is so typical of this withdrawal. I've gone the slow taper method and if I try to drop more than a tiny amount the brain fog is crazy, and being self employed is what forces me to increase the dose a bit again. I didn't feel too bad last time it happened, but know from the number of times I lost my keys that day (and that's just for starters with what I mislaid) and the mistakes I had to fix up that I really wasn't with it.

It's like your brain is half an hour behind the rest of you!

cheers, Maureen.

#22 cmonk

cmonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPottsboro,TX
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:26 PM

I just went and got a pill ready to take tonight. I felt like a chemist. I only had 30mg pill so I opened it up and took out 20 to 25 of the little balls in side and put them in a ziplock bag.(just in case I drop some at a latter time) I then used one of the funnel things and put the pill back together. I will take it after I pick my daughter up at 7. I am a single mom and have to be careful for the sake of my daughter who is 11. My son 20 understands. I am trying to stay off face book and public places for fear of embarrassing myself.I do not want everyone to know who crazy I am feeling.

#23 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:40 PM

Sounds like you're going about this in a great way.

Good idea to keep the leftover little beggars (even if our first temptation is to nail them to the wall and throw darts at them) because you may only need a handful in the end stages of withdrawal.

I'm not throwing out mine either - getting more samples from the doctor is, as far as I'm concerned, just encouragement for the reps to give them more.

Each one I save is one less Cymbalta capsule coming out of their factory.

Maureen.

#24 NagNancyB

NagNancyB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am having a difficult time coming off of Cymbalta. I already have an account here and can't remember my password and can't seen to retrieve it. So I'm trying to create a new registration.

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:38 AM

Cmonk, I also have been on cymbalta for fibromyalgia. It's almost 2 years that I've been on cymbalta and discovered the side effects after that long on the drug. My dr tried to get me to take it like you were, one day on, one off. That just made withdrawl symptoms worse, so I opened the caps, split the dose and am down to 20mg day down from 60mg. I was holding at 20, symptoms were receding, but bam, day before yesterday the symptoms began anew. My fibro has been spiking, my skin on fire, pain all over. Today I go for a dr appointment, he's monitoring my withdrawl from cymbalta. As you can tell from my post, my brain fog is nasty these days.
Good luck to you... this journey is different for each of us. Please take care of yourself as well as you can.

#25 paigeg

paigeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    on day 10

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:11 AM

Hey Cmonk and Maureen, I am a single mom too and a PhD., I had to tell my 7 year old I was having a bad time,that I had to stop taking a medication my Dr. had given me and I needed her to understand I know why I was more cranky and less patient. She has gently through words and looks Helped me focus on stopping if I start to raise my voice, stop for 2 minutes getting ready for school/work just for a hug, etc. Sure she can't comprehend, but she deserved some explaination of this different flighty mommie!

Day 11, totally fell apart talking to my dad about all this yesterday. Really haven't shared with anyone, I have been out of state working, ( !!!!) Days 3-9. My Dad knew I was researching and thinking what to to do about cymbalta/mirapex/effects, and what to do about it all. He is a retired physician and I rendered him speechless! The depression, boy have I screwed up my life, etc. is horrible at this point. I am at work today, but extremely difficult to plan and organize, probably should just take the day off, but feel I need to be trying to accomplish something!

Good luck to you both for a better day! Thanks for sharing your experiences here, WOW, it HELPS!
Paige

#26 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:11 AM

Hi To All of You,
So interesting to listen to each of you, and actually hear the same in what
you all are saying really. This is just the worst thing that ever happened to
me, well my failed back surgery was one too!

i can't believe how all of a sudden the withdrawls just hit me on day 9 of the
next decrease I did. They usually hit day 6. This seems to really be the one
that is so kicking my butt. It was also past the time I was to have increased
my Prozac so I did so yesterday.

I am just not feeling to hot, couldn't sleep last night, oh the pain is really
awful, and my stomach just kills me, then the constipation!!!

I know some how I will get on the otherside of all of this, it's just so wrong
what we are having to go through! I am finally getting furious!!!

Debbie

#27 cmonk

cmonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPottsboro,TX
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:30 PM

Three days ago my stomach started killing me to. I take trazodone for night terrors my dreams are not to bad but I can't sleep. I think that was due to the stomach. I have not been moody probably due to the Chinese herbs my acupuncture Dr. has given me.
A mom on my daughters cheer team in a massage therapist and work in a hosp. has a great trick for constipation. Start massaging from you right hip bone and follow around through under your ribs and to your left hip bone making a half moon. Do this for about 15 min and it will stimulate your colon and you will be able to go.I am very luck today I feel like sh*t today but I think it could be worse.I do not feel like I have completely lost my mind.I flaked out on my acupuncture appointment today. It is raining and I was resting. I think the acupuncture will help but it is 1 hr 15 min away and when Texas has a storm you never know how bad it is going to be.I am starting to babble again. I just wanted to say thanks again for all the advice and post people have given. I think the people here are the only ones to understand.

#28 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:01 PM

That's so funny what you said about how to stimulate the colon, as when my stomach
is killing me that's just what I do do. I guess being a nurse, I just automaticly know which
way the colon goes, and do it subconsciuosly.

Now for some reason I have really having a awful time with my stomach, it reallly is
hurting all the time, but I am not constipated anymore.

Debbie

#29 cmonk

cmonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPottsboro,TX
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:07 PM

I am having a pretty good day today. I took my herbs and went to the the health food store was going to get something and found out it was 5-HTP. I had read some other post and it said something about omega3 whey protein and the stuff that is in turkey. Lucky for me my son is in to all the stuff and so all I got was some alovera water for my stomach and it helped. It is also good for constipation. I have been busy with my daughter volleyball at 9 then health food store sams club and football at 5:00. The brain zaps have been light today. Maybe I needed the Xanax last night. I only use Xanax one in a while. I really think knowing that I can control the doses I am taking has help me. I have been praying that things would get better. I guess he decided to give me a good day. I need to stop babbling and put the rest of my food up.I hope everyone has a blessed day!!!!

#30 cmonk

cmonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPottsboro,TX
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:28 AM

O.k. people I got up to take my son to work and my head feels almost like my head it is full...I can not explain it. Even having my glasses on drives me crazy. I keep spelling thing backwards even worst than normal. I went to the http://www.anxietyonline.org.au/ site and I could not stay focused to even read the thing you have to agree to(i forgot what is called) I tried eating and had some tea. I have so much I want to do today but maybe I will just take a little nap first.....Anyone else have this going on>>>

Candy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users