SarahT

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • why_joining:
    Hubby is having bad anxiety problems due to cymbalta withdrawl

Posted 17 October 2009 - 04:46 PM

We were told of respite for the kids but 4 out of 5 of my kids are in school all day the other one is in Half days.

My mom told me to call my aunt who was the one who told her I was on the wrong one and told me to call my aunt.

No I don't know what I need I have given all to my kids alwase.

#32 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:20 PM

SarahT,
I remember when I left my last relationship, and someone asked me what I wanted or needed, and
all I could think of was what "He" needed. I knew just what he needed, when, where, and what time!

Oneday when my friend was over she asked me why I went to the phone everyday at 11:00 am, and I told
her I do not, and she said that I did. I had no idea that I was so programed to his needs, and he really had
me trained to be there by the phone at 11:00 for his stupid call everyday at that time.

Again I had no idea what I wanted or needed, it will take you lots of writing, and talking around here to find
all that out for yourself. We will help you out.

Oh here I foun this for you in your area

Dr. Wayne Johnson District Administrator
600 s. Section St.
Nekossa WI 54457
1 715 866 8002

It says it has all services for autistic kids, even respit, and funding for the families.
All I did was to put in the google thing was support for kids with autism in nekossa wisconsin
and so much came up on the site. Try the one I gave you, and let me know what happens,
we will gt something going towards helping you out.

You just can't do this alone!

Always here to help,
Debbie

#33 SarahT

SarahT

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:39 PM

He is of no use and the school refuses to see my kids as autistic in part because they don't have the funding to deal with the high functioning or aspengers kids because of funding . to the school my kids are adhd. So they give no help. ihave alwase been able to deal with the kids it is tyying to deal with thew ever changing mood of hubby.

#34 SarahT

SarahT

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:07 PM

we had our daughters 6th birthday and invited my 2 brothers and sister in laws and their kids out and my mom and dad. And as soon as they all left he had a bad panic attack. To the point he ended up shaking, sweating, not talking much, heart started to pound and then by the time it was over he fell asleep.

So yesterday was bad.

#35 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:24 PM

HI Sarah,

Is there a doctor who would be able to confirm in writing the diagnosis with the two middle kids?

I obviously don't know your system being in another country, but I would have thought the school would not be able to dispute a medical diagnosis.

I hear what you're saying about funding - I'm sure it's the same everywhere, and even though there are lots of programs here you still hear of plenty of cases where the school says something like 'your child does not meet the criteria for needing help' - read 'we are able to help 10 kids per year and yours just happens to be number 11, the other ten are worse'.

take care, Maureen.

#36 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:59 AM

Maureen,

I can't say for sure (obviously) what the system in the USA is but I know that here in OZ it used to be that the only kids on the autism spectrum who got funding were those with intellectual disability. Now autism is considered to be 'intellectual disability' for the purposes of getting that funding.. but..it was only changed .. not sure, only about 18 months ago I think. Sounds like the US still hasn't recognised high functioning autism as a genuine disability.

Cheers
Junior

#37 mysticcherokee

mysticcherokee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • why_joining:
    I tried to commit suicide obviously unsuccessfully, shortly beofre starting a New doctor taperd from this drug, (just jumped off) and Ive strong feelings about it.

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:03 AM

Sara. the social secuirty is there for your children, and will help you with getting a definitive diag. Its money gal! Call the 1-800 number. The school wil have to honor that diag and you need to find a person (forget the name, but they help represent you and your kids at school, regular parent with similar past with children,like a guardian ad litem at school) School board has the names. From the git go usem and its better, cause youve got second third party help addressing your kids needs at school . Its the law and they must follow it. yes they try to squirrel out of the responsibility, but the Schoolboard should be contacted often till its resolved and followed with written documentatiuon of what transpired.Get an attorney for the workmans comp. free in the phone book. They take a part of the proceeds. Been there lady . The more I do the more is expected. the ;less I do the less they do. My son is 21 now, and is fine, but school ws another matter, from day care! ADHD, but borderline, and it was a friggin night mare. Dont shpuldrr all this Hun. Give those children (ALL of em) chores and mekem do them,or thats something youll live to regret. they frow up caring only about their little corner of the world and not a lot bout that, IMHO. Lazy, lazy, is not what you want to teach em. I spoiled hubby and son, and it shows. while Ive been ill, my son hasnt so much as opened a can of soup for me. Hubby really not much better. Angry at em both!!!! That story would be an excellent thing. Wish Id done it, id have something to show my psychologist, cause I cant explain how i goi the way I am. good luck Hun. Share the responsibilites, and delegate. Youll be happier in the end to have the help. Trust me on this, PLEASE. Mystic

#38 SarahT

SarahT

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:15 AM

My boys get social security but the schools do their own tests and their tests look straight down the middle. my boys because of moths of intense theropy are not cognitive enough anymore. I still am fighting for them I alwase will.

#39 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:24 PM

Sarah,
So sorry to hear about the way you husband reacted at the party. There really seems to be more
going on than just some depression, and anxiety. I mean it really sounds like he was ready to
break down right there on the spot. Has anyone said anything about him going into the hospital?

I am not one to push such thinfs, but it seems like he is just getting worse, he behavior is really
becoming so different than when you first came here. I just thought maybe he needed some extra
help, some therapy, some group therapy. It might help him during this time.

Did you call the number I gave you? If anyone can help you get the stuff you need it would be this
doctor. No matter what the schools are telling you, they can't use their test over what a medical
doctor has diagnosied(sP) That's just against the law. They are not licensed to do that kind of
clinical testing, and if they are claiming they are they need to be reported. If you have something
from your doc that say's they have autism, then that's all you need. They ave to go by that document!!

Please get in touch with a lawyer, and if you want I will look for one for you for that too!! Your right's
are being walked all over right now wherever you turn. We sometimes just have to keep doing the foot
work ourselves until we get that right person to help us, but never ever give up trying.

I know you said you can handle the two boys, but that's not what this is all about. They do need special
training, structure, at whatever age they are, well you know what I mean.

Just like the true story where the woman had two boys, and she had them in regular school, and then had
to take them out of the public school system, only because the other kids made fun of them, and the
teacher's were unconfortable around them.

The mom treated them the same way she would any other child in lot's of ways, and they had to do chores,
they had limits that they had to go by. They can't just grow in in their own little worlds.

What ended up happening was the one kid found out he loved to run, and the other found out he was great
on the guitar, only because they were treated like normal little kids, and not like they were just autistic.

Well I hope this is what will happen for you two boys, and it can. The resources are there. Call the number
I did give ti you, it's a start.

Love,
Debbie

#40 SarahT

SarahT

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:51 PM

I am dealing with the school with some help .

#41 SarahT

SarahT

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:09 PM

I contacted dr johnson only to be refered to talk and deal with the people we have been but going to try a different rout

My kids have chores even my 4 year old.

hope that helps I was kind of short post earlier

#42 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:54 PM

I am dealing with the school with some help .

Sarah,
Who did you get to help you. I really wish you would call that doctor I gave you.
He is the big wig, and I know he can get everything you kids needs.

Good luck with who ever your getting the help from, just don't stop goin for it
if this person does not get what your kids need.

Debbie

#43 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:02 PM

I contacted dr johnson only to be refered to talk and deal with the people we have been but going to try a different rout

My kids have chores even my 4 year old.

hope that helps I was kind of short post earlier

Sarah,
Now is doctor johnson you husbands doctor? You mean to tell me they just refered you else where?
God where in the hell do you live? Just kidding, but this just sounds so wrong! If nothing else I
would just take him to the emergency room, and tell them what is going on. Sometimes they
are better in there. I know I worked in the Er, and had someone who came to see all the patients
like your husband to talk to them to see what was going on.

This is just not right what is being done with him at all! I am just different, and I would judt take
him in to his doctors, and say hey your going to see him, and I won't take no for an answer!

That's just me, I am not saying to do that.

I just feeel so bad that all this is going on, and no one is helping you.

Love,
Debbie

#44 SarahT

SarahT

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:41 PM

no that dr is not adr per say he is just the school administrator. my husbands dr is in a city an hour away. I am working with a lady I have received help from before. tShe is a leason for special needs kids.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users