MarkP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • why_joining:
    stepping off Cymbalta

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:04 PM

Hello all,

I took the time one day to count the number of pellets in a 30mg. capsule of Cymbalta. I did this before I knew my Dr. was going to move me back to Lexapro. Just though I would share this with those who are trying to step down from Cymbalta. I found I did better when I stayed on a lower dose for a stabilizing period of two weeks.

Cymbalta size and number of pellets
30mg=250 pellets (approx.)
20mg=166 pellets
15mg=125 pellets
10mg=83 pellets
5mg=42 pellets

#2 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:37 PM

Hi Mark,

oh well, I guess at least you've done your maths for the day!!

Much as this site is brilliant, it would be good if a few bits of information could stay in one place permanently, as you're not the first to have gone to this effort.

I think the approx bit might have skewed things at the lower end though, as it's generally about 270- balls per 30mg and we all work on 9 balls per mg, which I've checked when I've had to make sure I've divided a 30mg into three correctly, as I was just doing it visually (which turned out to be fairly accurate).

Can I ask why you're being moved back to Lexapro? I'm interested because after six months on Lexapro - which was fantastic for me apart from two problematic side effects, I was moved to Cymbalta.

regars, Maureen.

#3 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:36 AM

I've done the counting as well and came out at 8.7 balls/mg, so yeah closer to 9.

They're just so hard to count that it takes a few people counting and putting the numbers together to come to a fairly accurate number.

Anyway, I'm going down 5 balls/day, and so far it's been pretty good.

Perhaps we should ask Eli Lilly (JUST KIDDING!)

When I counted them it was from a 30mg, and I was dividing it into six to get a 5mg dose. Until then I'd been doing it 'visually' which is easy to do with the clear capsules. I was a bit worried as I was getting lower, because I wanted to be sure the doses were even, so I counted each one to before I took it each day (45 balls)- a far less tedious task than doing it all at once.

cheers, Maureen.

#4 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:43 AM

Hi,
You know what's really strange is that when I am using the 60 mg caps to get some beads out of to
put into my 20 mg caps, neither have the same amount in them, you can tell by just holding them to
the light.

So many have counted them here, and there is a really old post here that someone gave out the ball
count down to 1 mg, and it was closer to what I have been going with, 20 mg = 180 beads, 1 mg =9mg.

So either it's that the company has not put the right amount in eachone, or something is not addding up.

I do know that it really doesn't matter to me, it's all close enough, I just want off this crap, and want a real
life.

That's great you can do 5 balls a day, I am jealous that it takes me 2 weeks to go from one decrease to another!

Debbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users