• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Donnie1974

Donnie1974

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • why_joining:
    Going thru very rough time with cymbalta and Xanax withdraw need some feedback

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:36 PM

i have been off cymbalta and xanax for three weeks now, i do have to say i feel different, but not to sure if that is good or bad since i ahve been on this stuff for almost ten years and just stoped it cold turkey three weeks ago, it was hell and still is a little hard, i am proud of myself that i did it alone but i do not recomend this for anyone , it can be very dangerous, i was lucky, no seizers, passing out, etc etc.... and i was on a high dose of xanax too 3-6 mg a day with 60mg of cymbalta, the withdwar is not over yet still get off balanced, and those brain zaps...... but what cocerns me it that i take my blood pressure all the time and sice getting off theses meds, my blood pressure is a lot lower than it has been in years..... is this normal? do those drugs increase blood pressure?????

#2 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:39 PM

Hi Donnie,

Many drugs can increase your blood pressure - don't know about Xanax, but Cymbalta certainly can.

Most of us have had problems with our blood pressure temporarily increasing too much during the withdrawal phase.

What was your blood pressure before, and what is it now?

regards, Maureen.

p.s. a thousand congratulations - you're one toughie!

#3 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:14 PM

i have been off cymbalta and xanax for three weeks now, i do have to say i feel different, but not to sure if that is good or bad since i ahve been on this stuff for almost ten years and just stoped it cold turkey three weeks ago, it was hell and still is a little hard, i am proud of myself that i did it alone but i do not recomend this for anyone , it can be very dangerous, i was lucky, no seizers, passing out, etc etc.... and i was on a high dose of xanax too 3-6 mg a day with 60mg of cymbalta, the withdwar is not over yet still get off balanced, and those brain zaps...... but what cocerns me it that i take my blood pressure all the time and sice getting off theses meds, my blood pressure is a lot lower than it has been in years..... is this normal? do those drugs increase blood pressure?????

Hi Donnie,
Was wondering what happened to you. Yes hypotension is a sign of withdrawls, I just so happend went to the site to
look some else up for another person that's having some withdrawls, and she is worried abou thtem. I don't mind at
all going there, as I get so much out of the place eachtime I do go. I learned more yesterday, as my head is clearing!
I remember when I first went ti that site, can it looks, and reads so differently now that it did back in the end of AUG.
I need to go back there for frequently so a gater person is coming out of this. I so want to not come.

Keep the Peace, and stay positive about this journey, it does get better, even if you can't
see see the entire picture . My jounry mayhe

#4 Donnie1974

Donnie1974

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:18 PM

Maureen,

while i was on the xanax and the cymbalta my blood pressure was on average 130-135 over 85-95, this causede my G.P. to put my on Atenolol and Lisinipril to lower the bp..... Since i have been off the cymbalta and the xanax my blood pressure has averaged 110-120 over 75-85, so i am thinking i need to call my G.P. up and asking him i should cut my lisinipril in half... i just took my b.p. and it was 125 over 80 pulse 89... but i also just smoked.... my pulse has been higher , i think this is due to the withdraw and anxiety...

#5 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:17 AM

Hi donnie,

We all talk about how our blood pressure's gone up during the withdrawal, but whose wouldn't!! When you list the other withdrawal symptoms ....

Just having had a cig. is a bad time to take your blood pressure. Along with just having had a wee, I might add, just for good measure. :))

Although your diastolic (the lower one) is down in the normal range, it's not exactly low. I think a doctor would want to see it lower than that to consider it worthwhile reducing the drugs.

Given what we all know about Cymbalta and what it can do, I personally wouldn't be thinking about changing anything until everything's settled down.

Your new blood pressure isn't exactly in the hypOtension range. Perhaps your blood pressure was increased by Cymbalta and you haven't suffered the hypERtension many of us have at withdrawal time because of the drugs. ???? Who knows??

(I have very un-fond memories of Atenolol!)

Cheers, Maureen.

#6 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:14 PM

Maureen,

while i was on the xanax and the cymbalta my blood pressure was on average 130-135 over 85-95, this causede my G.P. to put my on Atenolol and Lisinipril to lower the bp..... Since i have been off the cymbalta and the xanax my blood pressure has averaged 110-120 over 75-85, so i am thinking i need to call my G.P. up and asking him i should cut my lisinipril in half... i just took my b.p. and it was 125 over 80 pulse 89... but i also just smoked.... my pulse has been higher , i think this is due to the withdraw and anxiety...

Donnie,
Being that you taking the meds you are, I would at least call the doctor, and ask
him if he wants you to hold your meds? I only say this because that is what we
do, do in the hospital. We always take a patients blood pressure before giving
them their meds for blood pressure, as the doctor always writes what range to
give it or not give it.

Even if your just in withdrawls, it makes no difference, the blood pressure is
still on the low side for those meds, and I would just call to make sure. You
don't want to lower it even more than what it is right now. Even after smoking
all you did was bring it to within normal limits.

There is nothing wrong with just making the call.

Let us know how your doing, and about your bp!

Debbie

#7 Donnie1974

Donnie1974

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:29 PM

ok i thought i was over the withdraw, now i'm feeling worse, i have a major decline in energy, my anxiety is back with vengance, all i do is sleep, i feel depressed, tired all the time, dont want to leave my bedroom, feel scared, feel like there is doom right around the corner and my panic attacks and my hypochondria is coming back along with agorophobia... i need something to take the edge off, but i don have health insurance and don't know what to do... is this normal ,,,,,,,???????

please resond

thank you

#8 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:44 PM

Donnie,
I saw you other post first. Can't you go to a pshch hospital in your area?
I have something to take for the anxiety, but it still it's so bad at times.
I too have the lack of any energy at all, can't get out of the house for a
few days, can't take care of myself.

I have been doing the slow wean, so I know that cold turkey off both of
these meds, has to be very evil.

I am so sorry that you having such a hard time, but I would just go to the
ER, and get help. From there they can get the paper work started for Medical.

Good Luck,
Debbie

#9 redhead

redhead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:47 AM

Donnie,

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. You came off cold turkey from 60mgs and Xanaz-thats a huge drop so you are feeling the withdrawals badly I can only imagine. I tapered from 30mgs over a year and Its now just over 3 weeks and some good days some bad days-but overall more good than bad -thank God. I was great for the first week and thought Jeez that was ok-no withdrawals but then they hit-felt aggitated, weepy, bad dreams and stuff but know its early days and hopefully as each day goes by- healing will occur.

If you really feel bad, try to get to the dr and start tapering maybe even from the 60mg or perhaps the 30mg-just so that you feel better and more in control.....

Let us know how you are doing .....

Redhead

#10 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:34 PM

Donnie,
Just checking in to see how you are, and to see if you have done anything.
I know the gig about not even being able to get myself to a place to get the
help I need, or food for the matter, due to the anxiety this drug has caused
me. I did have anxiety, but nothing like this before the Cymbalta, and then
to think you had to come off of Xanax too!

I am in recovery, but there was a time I would take them like candy! That
and other things too. I thought I would die when I ran out of my Xanax, so
I made sure I had rx's all over the us for when I traveled, I really was hooked.
I took over 30 1 mg pills per day. I am only self disclosing this to let you
know I have been there too.

I too am going through the withdrawls using the slow wean, but OMG the
anxiety is so very intense at times that even the Xanax does not even help.
Due to my background, I end up allowing it to esclate to where by the time
I do take it, it can't help.

Please just try to get anywhere to get help, I know how easy that is for me to say,
but I am so worried about you, and how your doing. I feel as if your the only other
person I have know that has been in my shoes.

Keep in touch,
Debbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users