3 replies to this topic

#1 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:55 PM

Well, I guess many of you read that I went to another psychiatrist to help me balance out. She gave me a low dose of Celexa and I am feeling much better and is going to work with me to have me off the Celexa quickly. I could not bear another day of losing my mind, nor was I going back to Cymbalta, ever.

Monday I will be going to an acupuncturist that specializes in detoxing from medications. The new psychiatrist knows that I want to be off of medication and I hope now I am assembling a team to help.

I can't stress enough to people that if you are feeling batty, confused, well the bad symptoms of withdrawal, please get some sort of help and do not suffer if you are feeling like you are losing your mind. Simply put, if you feel worse off of Cymbalta than you did on, DO NOT SUFFER. I tried to tough it out, and the first 40 days off shook constantly, along with pretty much every other symptom.

It is hard during the confusion part of withdrawal, the part where you think that you are going to "tough this out" and do it on your own. It is your right as a human being to be healthy and feel good. Please, again, if you are suffering, even though you can't think clearly because of withdrawal, please, find some therapeutic relief from a new doctor, or print out some of these stories and make your doctor aware that you are not an isolated case.

Will let you know how the medication detox and the acupuncture work for me. Best of luck to all of you. Be safe.

#2 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:46 PM

Well, I guess many of you read that I went to another psychiatrist to help me balance out. She gave me a low dose of Celexa and I am feeling much better and is going to work with me to have me off the Celexa quickly. I could not bear another day of losing my mind, nor was I going back to Cymbalta, ever.

Monday I will be going to an acupuncturist that specializes in detoxing from medications. The new psychiatrist knows that I want to be off of medication and I hope now I am assembling a team to help.

I can't stress enough to people that if you are feeling batty, confused, well the bad symptoms of withdrawal, please get some sort of help and do not suffer if you are feeling like you are losing your mind. Simply put, if you feel worse off of Cymbalta than you did on, DO NOT SUFFER. I tried to tough it out, and the first 40 days off shook constantly, along with pretty much every other symptom.

It is hard during the confusion part of withdrawal, the part where you think that you are going to "tough this out" and do it on your own. It is your right as a human being to be healthy and feel good. Please, again, if you are suffering, even though you can't think clearly because of withdrawal, please, find some therapeutic relief from a new doctor, or print out some of these stories and make your doctor aware that you are not an isolated case.

Will let you know how the medication detox and the acupuncture work for me. Best of luck to all of you. Be safe.

I can't wait to hear how the accupuncturist goes! There is a woman in my town that does accupuncture and also specializes in detox. I was just reading about her in our community newsletter and thinking of calling. Good for you, you are taking charge!!!

#3 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:05 PM

Yes, I am excited, I see the new psychiatrist tomorrow and the accupuncturist on Monday. Both "healers" are fine with the fact that I am going to work with both of them.

You may want to call your woman in town and discuss your situation, especially since you are on day 3. It may help you experience relief sooner. You can speak on the phone and see if you get good vibes from her.

And that is what I would like for everybody coming off of Cymbalta to have, a speedy return and the least amount of grief possible.

It is very ironic that we all have taken Cymbalta for relief for different situations, when it stops working, it really beats the daylights out of a person, doesn't it?

#4 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:18 PM

I'm hoping she can help me with the chronic pain I have from Intrcranial Hypertension too. It takes a lot of out me as well, so adding withdrawal to the fact that my head feels like it will explode at any given minute doesn't help. Plus, it also causes pulsatile tinnitus, so in addition to the whooshing and pounding in my ears, I get to have the brain zaps too! Yipeee! But, I'm lucky, I've not lost my vision, which is a huge risk for people with my condition.

Whoa, I got right off track didn't I? :oops:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users