KathySedeyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have questions about cymbalta withdrawal

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:16 AM

First, Debbie, I looked for your last reply to me, couldn't find it.lol
ANYWAY, I have been battling both the Swine Flu and withdrawel. My daughter, who is a NP, came down with it, her 2 month old baby has it and so does her husband and I. Tamaflu is a great drug for helping this flu. I was so panicked about the baby being so sick, and am VERY thankful to God that she took an UPturn last night as there is no meds for little babies.
I am on day 3 of the flu med, but can't remember how long I stopped Cymbalta. My husband said it is longer than I thought . Almost 10 days now.
I am one of the VERY lucky ones. Only 1 brain Zap. Debbie, you were right about them. No depression , except for worry about the baby. I have an extremely high pain tolerence, so the pain is just bearable, but the fibro pain can kick ass at times.
BUT I can cope. I hope and pray that others can get thru this as easily as I have SO FAR.I am under no illusions that there may be some problems down the line, but I have a new outlook on life.
I don't care what people think of me, they don't pay my bills, take care of my wheelchair bound husband, or my dogs, clean my house. I do the best I can and try to look on the bright side. I have had a very hard life, was diagnosed with Lupus over 30 years ago. have been on meds since then and have pared them all down.
I have ungrateful, mean spirited children, my oldest 2. They are only 39 and 40, so I am still waiting for them to grow up HA. The biggest , most awful thing that happened to me in the last few years, besides Isabella getting the swine flu, was when Glenn and I went back to NJ to visit family for the first time in 7 years. My 39 yr old daughter had twins prematurely, by 10 weeks. I wasn't allowed to know......can you believe it? My youngest tells me everything anyway.
WEll, the twins were much better, and the little girl was home. They came over to visit at my in laws where we were staying. I was so worried about them. I asked to hold her, but it was refused me. I had germs........I guess no one else did, just me as EVERYONE, down to a 12 year old great niece, held the baby. I never did. My husband was holding her, went to hand her to me, and my daughter snatched her away. I feel if I can live thru that, and all the crap since, I can make it thru anything.
Reason she is so made at just me? I have no concrete idea. I do know part of it is that we couldn't make her 2nd wedding because the engine and transmission went out on our handicapped driveable van of within a week of each other, and had no way to get to NJ from IN........oh well. I know this is long and a bit rambling, so if you got this far thank you and may everyone have an easy time staying off this drug. God Bless, Kathy

#2 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:58 AM

Kathy,
What ever is writen is worth the read to me! I think it's alll important, and
just needs to be said.

That's just awful about the not being able to hold the baby! That would have really
crushed me as well, and then some. Our children can be so overboard on certain
things.

I am so happy for you that you not having a nightmare of a time getting off this
stuff. Some do just fine. If you do start to get withdrawl symptoms later you
always can do something about it them. This drug does do that to many, your
ok, and then the withdrawls will hit later. I know for me it always took 6-9
days before they would hit me.

Take care, and just stay that strong woman that you are, it will do wonders!

Debbie

#3 KathySedeyn

KathySedeyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have questions about cymbalta withdrawal

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:01 PM

Hi Debbie, Thanks so much for understanding. I love my kids with all my heart and numerous times my 2 oldest have ripped it out. My youngest daughter is a life saver. I love all my kids, but I can't change them. I do know that my 40 year old daughter is bi polar, won't do anything about it and is a VERY mean , nasty person......
You know that old saying , I am not going to take it anymore, well, I have adopted that. Also, I have always said that I travel to the beat of my own drum. ALSO it helps that those two are in NJ, not here in IN LOL
I have noticed that I am getting my artistic side back, and I haven't seen that part of me in way too many years. .I have it comes back full blast.
I do know the side effects can re occur, and I will be ready, I hope. I will stay here, read etc. I must state that going cold turkey is not recommended at all, it was jsut something I chose to do. God Bless, Kathy

#4 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:42 PM

Kathy,
All I can say is that if your ok then that's great. I just know what does happen
to those that do it cold turkey. Also have you read that new report that was just
posted about this drug. It is really frightening as heck!!!

This is going to hit the news pretty soon, it's numbers are doubled to that of the
other drugs that have been said to be so terrible to withdrawl from, Paxil, Effexor,
and another that I can't remember.

This should be read by everyone, and also taken to your doctor. I am really
worried about what this drug really has done to us all.

The onlyy good thing I can say is that if anything does happen when one is
having a hard time, well there is a solution!!! To just get on a does that's
enough to stop all the withdrawls, and then start the weaning process.

I love how you are your own person, I am learning all over again how to be
thaat for myself!

Just be careful, and I respect you choice. Always here.

Debbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users