• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 patsymac

patsymac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • why_joining:
    Because one month ago I started taking cymbalta and feel angry,anxious, and more. I want to share and learn more.

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:47 PM

I have only been on cymbalta 1 month. I have missed doses occasionally do you all really think I can get severe withdrawls?
Pats

#2 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:37 PM

I have only been on cymbalta 1 month. I have missed doses occasionally do you all really think I can get severe withdrawls?
Pats

patsymac,
It does not matter if you missed a dose here, and there, but your still going to have to wean yourself off.

If you want to learn how to do so, just let us know.
We are here to show you how, support you during that time, and after you off it too.

It is a process.

Debbie

#3 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:54 AM

Hi Patsy

Often the people who don't notice anything when they miss the occasional dose withdraw more easily than those who do. Having said that, it is wise to wean slowly. All anti-depressants change the wiring in your brain and your brain needs to time to adjust when you come off them. Sadly, Cymbalta seems to be one of the more difficult to come off.

Good luck
Junior

#4 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:25 PM

Patsy,
You never did say how ofter you missed taking this drug, my thinking on this one is that
it breaks all the rules, and seeing new things that are happening to people now, like saying
they are craving booze, or drinking in a destrutive way, and can't stop.

I don't think we do know all that's it's done to some people, all I know it that some get
it this worse than others, outside issues put aside.

Debbie

#5 patsymac

patsymac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • why_joining:
    Because one month ago I started taking cymbalta and feel angry,anxious, and more. I want to share and learn more.

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:38 PM

Patsy,
You never did say how ofter you missed taking this drug, my thinking on this one is that
it breaks all the rules, and seeing new things that are happening to people now, like saying
they are craving booze, or drinking in a destrutive way, and can't stop.

I don't think we do know all that's it's done to some people, all I know it that some get
it this worse than others, outside issues put aside.

Debbie

Pats

patsymac,
It does not matter if you missed a dose here, and there, but your still going to have to wean yourself off.

Hey! Thanks for your response. Yes I do want your help. I am a little, okay a lot confused. My husband is an RN and he wants me to go cold turkey and to take xanax to alleviate the side affects. My doc wants me to take 30mg for two weeks. I hear all the horrors of this drug that I really do not want to put more of it into my system. I really just do not know what to do. :( Or Do I wait to see if the effects are going to be bad or do I keep poisoning my system? Please share with and enlighten me.
Thank You sooooo much
Patsy

If you want to learn how to do so, just let us know.
We are here to show you how, support you during that time, and after you off it too.

It is a process.

Debbie

#6 patsymac

patsymac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:40 PM

Hey I think i posted on the wrong area. Sorry My brain is not functioning properlY
patsy

#7 patsymac

patsymac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:46 PM

Hi Patsy

Often the people who don't notice anything when they miss the occasional dose withdraw more easily than those who do. Having said that, it is wise to wean slowly. All anti-depressants change the wiring in your brain and your brain needs to time to adjust when you come off them. Sadly, Cymbalta seems to be one of the more difficult to come off.

Good luck
Junior

Thanks
Patsy

#8 vibgyor8888

vibgyor8888

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been taking cymbalta 60 mg for quite sometime. Before that I was on Effexor XR 150 mg. Before that I was also on Wellbutrin XL. I am interested on getting off Cymbalta and sharing with others of a better way

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:17 PM

I have been weaning off 60 mg. I was deleting 20 balls a week. I have upped it to 30 a week. So starting this Sunday I will be taking 90 less. My new doctor said I could get off it in two weeks, but I am ignoring him on this one.
Vibgyor

#9 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:32 PM

I have been weaning off 60 mg. I was deleting 20 balls a week. I have upped it to 30 a week. So starting this Sunday I will be taking 90 less. My new doctor said I could get off it in two weeks, but I am ignoring him on this one.
Vibgyor

Vibgyor,
Slow down already! Mu goodness you have a very long way to go.
First off your starting off decreasing more than what we have
been taught, and it also takes about 6 days before you will even
start to feel the witdrawls of the dose you have already decreased.

Here is the weaning system that we are taught here

60 mg = 540 beads
30 mg = 270 beads
20 mg = 180 beads
10 mg = 90 beads
5 mg = 45 beads
1 mg = 9 beads

What we do is decrease 1 mg every 2 weeks, you can try the 2 mg, or just 20 beads
but you do need to wait to see what kind of withdrawls your going to get.

I am so glad you ignored you doc, because he really does not know how to take a person
off this, but neither do any of the others. It is only because they were not told the truth.

If you find yourself having a hard time, try this method.

Also here is the site with all the withdrawl symptoms, you will want this handy

http://prozactruth.com/cymbalta.htm

If you need any help or suppport we are here.

Debbie B)

#10 patsymac

patsymac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 December 2009 - 08:54 PM

Hey guys!
I think I am finally off the withdrawal phase of this awful drug(poison). I am now 2 months free. I hope the withdrawals are gone for good. Occasionally I will feel/see the flashes but not so powerful. You know, I now may be able to share all the horrible things I experience. To be told by your doc the one who prescribed it that this is a wonderful drug and has worked great on other people it is of course FDA approved!(Yea, I would love to see one of them sample this drug!) I was one month or short of it when I went to me my doc, so I was sort of freaking out and having an anxiety attack! He did not know what to do with me. He proceeded to tell me that I already had some of these problems ex. insomnia,anxiety,body aches ect. and I lost it. You know guys if my doc knew the adverse reactions or side affects he would not have Rx this drug. Withdrawal intensified these symptoms and others 1000%. He was awful, he did not realize what was going on. To make a real long experience short he wanted me to see a shrink ASAP and made me promise him not to commit suicide!
I experienced total body pain, nightmares, shadows while I slept like they were totally engulfing me,ringing in the ears, man those brain zaps, I call them painful light flashes. At times when I was trying to go to sleep I would see clear clear faces of people who I did not know and they were like in a frame of flashes! I know! it sound out there. I also hallucinated a couple of time. I saw a lizard in my hall way and it ran under a pile of clothes that was waiting to get done. After freaking out and getting everyone upset, I realized it was a hallucination. That one was weired. The others were people lurking around the room or peaking into the room where I was. I would hear people calling me and weird stuff like that. The frustrating one was the forgetfulness from one room to the other, which at times is normal but when going through the withdrawal it intensified. The manic laughing and the cring and the deep darkness. It was hell! There wer more symptoms, but I think I have put them out of my mind. Hang in there my friends there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hope this helps someone who is going through this awful experience.
Thanks Patsy

#11 Mrs2lots

Mrs2lots

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    need help

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:39 PM

I am new to this site, and I have been reading the post and I am still on Cymbalta 60 mg and I am like some of the people on here that if I miss a dose I get dizzy and buzzing in my ears, but I have the bussing in my ears all the time regardless, I get sick enough the a actually vomit and always keep a slite headache, can't consintrate and have memory lose, and this is all when I don't miss a dose, can cymbalta cause memory lose and kill you sex drive?

#12 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:08 PM

I am new to this site, and I have been reading the post and I am still on Cymbalta 60 mg and I am like some of the people on here that if I miss a dose I get dizzy and buzzing in my ears, but I have the bussing in my ears all the time regardless, I get sick enough the a actually vomit and always keep a slite headache, can't consintrate and have memory lose, and this is all when I don't miss a dose, can cymbalta cause memory lose and kill you sex drive?

Mrs2lots,
Welcome, well to a place where we all understand, and nothhing sounds weird to us at all!
I had all that happen to me, and it was to the point I didn't even know it(due to another reason)

Anyway I also had many other side effects which if you look at the withdrawls they are so very
close, for me I had most of the same, on or off.

I have been weaning off 60 mg x's 3 1/2 yeras since Aug 31,09, and I am finally down to about, well
I am counting in my head, and it's about 15-18 mg. It was not an easy ride for me, and I did get on
the suggested Prozac 20 mg everyday, and it did help me, I just had gotten to mental due to this crap
it has taken me a much longer time to get better.

There is so much information here, and lots of the older posts I would suggest to read as they have more
information. Look in about Sept. - Nov 09. It was super busy then more were here, and Junior explains all
the stuff about the brain how it's addicted to this crap, boy do I ever know that!!! I am in recovery, and
I have had to come off some really awful stuff, but this takes the cake, and ice cream too!!

Just know there is a way to get off of it, and doctor's do not know how to wean patients off this stuff.
We the patients are telling them, and taking them in the new FDA reports on this stuff.

Well if you need any help, just let me or any of us know, and we will get you through this, and also teach you
the slow weaning process if that's what you do decide. Oh one last thing Do Not Stop Cold Turkey, or do the
every otherday method, they don't work!

Debbie :)

#13 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:14 PM

Hey guys!
I think I am finally off the withdrawal phase of this awful drug(poison). I am now 2 months free. I hope the withdrawals are gone for good. Occasionally I will feel/see the flashes but not so powerful. You know, I now may be able to share all the horrible things I experience. To be told by your doc the one who prescribed it that this is a wonderful drug and has worked great on other people it is of course FDA approved!(Yea, I would love to see one of them sample this drug!) I was one month or short of it when I went to me my doc, so I was sort of freaking out and having an anxiety attack! He did not know what to do with me. He proceeded to tell me that I already had some of these problems ex. insomnia,anxiety,body aches ect. and I lost it. You know guys if my doc knew the adverse reactions or side affects he would not have Rx this drug. Withdrawal intensified these symptoms and others 1000%. He was awful, he did not realize what was going on. To make a real long experience short he wanted me to see a shrink ASAP and made me promise him not to commit suicide!
I experienced total body pain, nightmares, shadows while I slept like they were totally engulfing me,ringing in the ears, man those brain zaps, I call them painful light flashes. At times when I was trying to go to sleep I would see clear clear faces of people who I did not know and they were like in a frame of flashes! I know! it sound out there. I also hallucinated a couple of time. I saw a lizard in my hall way and it ran under a pile of clothes that was waiting to get done. After freaking out and getting everyone upset, I realized it was a hallucination. That one was weired. The others were people lurking around the room or peaking into the room where I was. I would hear people calling me and weird stuff like that. The frustrating one was the forgetfulness from one room to the other, which at times is normal but when going through the withdrawal it intensified. The manic laughing and the cring and the deep darkness. It was hell! There wer more symptoms, but I think I have put them out of my mind. Hang in there my friends there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hope this helps someone who is going through this awful experience.
Thanks Patsy

Patsy,
Glad i just re-read this, I had the same crap happen to me. I kept telling the
doc's something was so wrong, but they just said it was my PTSD!!! Thank you for
your story, I really feel so validated by this. I have felt like such a freak here
the entire time as I too had it so bad while I was on it. You just saved my ass!

Love,
Debbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users