#1 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:59 PM

You take out some of the beads and leave what you are taking in the capsule. You don't crush the beads because you don't want them absorbed until they are into the small intestine, then digestion will break them down and absorb. You can also just use 1/2 a capsule and plug it up with a small piece of bread or something. This works if you don't want to waste the beads you are taking out and you can use them later to continue your taper. The capsule is just for easier swallowing. I'm doing good with my taper so far. I just dump a little out of the capsule every day and try to do a little more every 3-4 days. I don't count them, just estimate.

What a brilliant idea! Using half the capsule and stuffing the end of it with something.

Must say I found the clear gelatine capsules very handy though - e.g. dividing a 30mg capsule into six clear caps and then having six days worth of 5mg was handy.

regards, Maureen.

#2 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:46 PM

i suppost it would be an overdose if you crush your medicine or disolve it in water simply because it will disolve or it will gain a larger surface arae compared to mass and so will disolve more quickely and so more of it will be absorbed by your body faster then is healthy and so it would be an overdose. you should never open the contents of a capsule and eat it like that, and you should never cursh your tablets etc,.. it is very dangerous and it can kill you... if you are in doubt speak to your doctor about it or your pharmacist.

and i wouldnt recomend coming of antio depressents with out being surpervised because the depression might get worse etc and no one wiill know whats wrong, always come of medicine like anti depressents and anti psuchotics etc with teh help and advice of a professional...

i do understand why peopel what to come off i know its a terrable drug. i have been on it (cymbalta 60 mg)
every day and yesterday i missed a does and today i have a very bad headahe and i am feeling sick... i have taken the tablet twoce and both time si have vomitted it back up again. i am going to see my doctor tomorrow and have a word with her. i would like to change drugs too. i dont like cymbalta and i am not happay at all with my mental health team. they have really let me down.

There is absolutely no problem taking the beads on their own PROVIDED you make sure they reach your stomach in the same condition as they would inside a gelatine capsule. The gelatine capsule dissolves within a minute of two of reaching your stomach, and is there to get the beads to your stomach in good condition, as the BEADS are slow release.

Therefore, it is a very bad idea to do anything TO THE BEADS which will make them dissolve faster, such as dissolving them in water, crushing them, chewing them, adding them to food etc.

Relying JUST on doctors to help you through withdrawal is it ALWAYS the best idea. Many doctors assume that just because someone feels worse when they're withdrawing from a drug, they must automatically need a higher dose of the drug, not less. There is not enough recognition that sometimes the problems ONLY occur during the withdrawal period.

regards, Maureen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users