#1 cknudson25

cknudson25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • why_joining:
    Because I'm on it and it makes me feel horrible

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:39 PM

Has anyone ever been told by there doctor to start taking half a dose?

Here's my situation:
I went in yesterday and my doctor asked what insurance I'm under (just to double check) and when I told him U-Care like usual (through the county) he told me that U-Care now only allows 30 pills per prescription per month. Now I take 120mg a night (2-60mg capsules), and starting when I'm done with this bottle (36 pills, 18 days) and refill it, I'm supposed to only take ONE a day (60mg). Now that seems a bit crazy to me to go from 120mg to 60mg overnight.

What I want to know is...
Has anyone had this happen to them? A major dosage change over night?
Should I start tapering my meds? (start taking it like this everyday: 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1... until I'm only on one?
Does anyone else have U-Care through their county and her about this new 30 pills max thing?

Any information you can give me would be SOOOOO helpful... THANKS!!!

Chelsea

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:18 PM

I took 120mg cymbalta for 1 month, then from one day to the other I went from 120mg to 60mg. The only symptom I had was severe itchiness. I´ve read that the maximum dosage of cymbalta should be 60mg, if you read the flyer inside the package it says that dosage above 60mg does not give you additional benefits.
It´s been one month since I am taking 60mg and I feel relatively well. I think that if you plan to diminsh the dosage 50% overnight, there are things you can do to counteract symptoms. I´ll tell you things that have helped me. First exercise, I walk everyday and YOGA is excellent!!!!.....eat healthy: fruits, vegetables, nuts, etc. Take multivitamins: with vitamin B´s. I do not take omega 3 pills but I try to eat/drink foods and beverages that provides them (salmon, soy milk, flaxseed).
I have a question for you: how long have you been on cymbalta???
I´ve been on cymbalta for 5 years. and plan to diminish the dose little by little till I am off cymbalta completely. I want to know what it feels to live without cymbalta (I do not remember anymore) and although it has helped me with my severe depression. All the stories about withdrawal scared me.
Hugs
C.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users