#1 shouldhaveinvestigated

shouldhaveinvestigated

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta Withdrawl

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:31 PM

I have never experienced anything like this. I am 43 years old and have four children. I started Cymbalta due to menopausal symptoms (Anxiety, weight gain, mild depression). BIG MISTAKE. I have been taking this poison for 6 months at 60 mg a day. I had no idea how it had changed my life. The changes did not seem severe initially as it was a slow process. I decided to change my medication due to the fact that I was not comfortable with how I was feeling with Cymbalta. My physician told me to try Wellbutrin, he said there would be no effects with just stopping the Cymbalta. Wait until I speak to him again. My last pill was Wednesday night, today is Sunday. Thursday and Friday were okay, however on Saturday I became possessed. I have never used any drugs that were habit forming (ie oxy, morphine, etc), so I had no idea what was going on. Thank God that I googled withdraws from Cymbalta and found this website! I have had most of the same symptoms that were listed by many others. I am feeling better this evening and hope this is a positive sign for the coming week. To err on the side of caution I have called off work for tomorrow. I am NOT taking the Wellbutrin as I am now scared to death of any other medication. I am taking as many vitamins and drinking as much water as I can (Omega 3, Vitamin B, Amberen). I am praying that these withdrawl symptoms subside quickly. If anyone has any help or advice for me, please let me know. I am willing to try anything at this point. I would just be happy to no longer have blurred vision. Thank you for listening and I hope better days are ahead for everyone!!

#2 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:04 AM

My physician ... said there would be no effects with just stopping the Cymbalta.

:rolleyes:

When are these Drs going to grow a brain and find out how these drugs actually WORK? They chemically alter the way the brain functions which is WHY stopping them cold turkey is NOT recommended. Even the drug companies THEMSELVES warn against going cold turkey :rolleyes:

Sorry "should" .. it just annoys me when I hear stories like this.

As I said above, Cymbalta has chemically altered the way your brain works and it takes time for it to adjust to being without it. Many people find the worst of wdl is over within about 2 weeks so hopefully your symptoms won't be around much longer. A kinder way, though, would be to go back ON Cymbalta, at a reduced dose since your brain is beginning to get used to its absence, and wean slowly. The latter would be my recommendation.

Let us know what you decide.
Regards
Junior

#3 tp225

tp225

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to quit cymbalta for the 3rd time...need help

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:07 AM

I have never experienced anything like this. I am 43 years old and have four children. I started Cymbalta due to menopausal symptoms (Anxiety, weight gain, mild depression). BIG MISTAKE. I have been taking this poison for 6 months at 60 mg a day. I had no idea how it had changed my life. The changes did not seem severe initially as it was a slow process. I decided to change my medication due to the fact that I was not comfortable with how I was feeling with Cymbalta. My physician told me to try Wellbutrin, he said there would be no effects with just stopping the Cymbalta. Wait until I speak to him again. My last pill was Wednesday night, today is Sunday. Thursday and Friday were okay, however on Saturday I became possessed. I have never used any drugs that were habit forming (ie oxy, morphine, etc), so I had no idea what was going on. Thank God that I googled withdraws from Cymbalta and found this website! I have had most of the same symptoms that were listed by many others. I am feeling better this evening and hope this is a positive sign for the coming week. To err on the side of caution I have called off work for tomorrow. I am NOT taking the Wellbutrin as I am now scared to death of any other medication. I am taking as many vitamins and drinking as much water as I can (Omega 3, Vitamin B, Amberen). I am praying that these withdrawl symptoms subside quickly. If anyone has any help or advice for me, please let me know. I am willing to try anything at this point. I would just be happy to no longer have blurred vision. Thank you for listening and I hope better days are ahead for everyone!!

You need to go back on Cymbalta and ween yourself off. That's the only way. I am living proof. I am down to breaking open the capsules and taking 20 individual beads. I also take 20 mg of prozac, it helps the withdrawl from cymbalta. Take the vitamens and exercise like crazy, the more you sweat the better. Once off Cymblata I will wean off Prozac....good luck

#4 kayaem

kayaem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationProvince of Ontario, Canada
  • why_joining:
    Help with Cymbalta withdrawal

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:46 PM

Hi. You've had plenty of comments on Cymbalta. I just wanted to comment on Wellbutrin from my experience. This is the type of drug that you can slowly wean off. I weaned to the lowest dosage and then from that low dose, missed one pill one week, then two pills the next week, etc. I had no withdrawal symptoms from that at all. Also, no libido problems and no weight gain problems. I had to go off because I got heart palpitations from the drug. Other than that, it worked nicely for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users