#1 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:37 PM

Does anyone know if you can open the cymbalta capsules to help wean yourself off the drug. I only have 5 30 mg tabs left and I stopped taking the 30 mg just after 2 weeks and I feel terrible.

Yes, you can, and the sooner you start, the sooner you'll feel better. With only 5 x caps to go, it means you're going to have to wean a bit faster than would be ideal, but at least you'll feel better than going cold turkey.

Two weeks is MORE than long enough for you brain to have adjusted to the drug, so don't feel as though you ' shouldn't be getting these symptoms.

You can go several ways:

* open the capsules and tip half into each half of the capsule and stuff a bit of bread into the opening, so you've got 10 x 15 mg capsules.

* Drop down a certain number of beads every day. With only five capsules, again, you're going to have to go faster than would be ideal, but you could take (eg) 20g first day (take out 90 x beads and save them for later), then 15g for a few days, 10g for three days (take out 90 x beads and save them for later, then take 10g in each of the two capsule halves), etc etc.

* It is NOT ideal to take the beads on their own - it is a slow release bead, which means it needs to get to your stomach in good condition. When you get to the lower doses, you CAN take the beads with water, but DON'T crunch them, DON'T mix them with food or in a drink, and rinse out your mouth to flush out any little ball critters in your teeth. Don't get too stressed about it though, plenty have done it this way, it's just not ideal.

keep in touch if you want more info.

regards, Maureen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users