• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pastor

pastor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:47 AM

I was on Cymbalta for a number of years....60 mg. a day. I experienced the brain waves, an inability to think and make decisions, irregular heart beat, and had trouble breathing. I felt that these problems were related to Cymbalta. I weaned myself off the drug, and have been completly off for about 2 months. The withdrawl symptoms are still terrible. Sometimes I think I am losing my mind. Everything seems " Scrambled " and I seem out of touch. The buzzing in my brain is still there, and occasionally I stop breathing. I don't know that it's happening until I gasp for breath. Right now, two months later, I am not doing good. Maby there are other things going on. The Dr. doesn't seem concerned while I feel I am losing my mind! I came to this message board hoping to find help and hope.

#2 tired08

tired08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 03:29 PM

I don't have any advice but am looking for advice myself. I have been weaning off of cymbalta for about 2 weeks now and I am miserable. The brain thing, the whoosieness in my head is terrible. I can't even do normal day to day things. All I want to do is lay in the bed and I have 2 children to care for. There is so much more that I want to say but it is difficult for me to even sit here and type this. I just got out of bed to look for answers and help. If anyone has any answers please help because my doctor never told me any of this would happen, just that I needed to wean off it. I went from 60mg and had been on 60mg for a few years to 30mg for one week to nothing and I have been on nothing for about 3 days. It doesn't seem that that is the right method according to what I have been reading. Thanks for any advice anyone might have.

#3 Susan

Susan

Busy Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:59 PM

I just want to say that withdrawal from Cymbalta is a bloody nightmare. The best form of support I have found is from the message board at http://www.whatwinne... ... -symptoms/. Please come visit and write about what you are going through. I will look for you both, on the other side. Just know you are not alone, and there is a place you can go to be heard and understood. It is day 21, at 0mgs of Cymbalta, for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users