• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blueeyesrose

blueeyesrose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Cymbalta for one year. I feel my quality of life has improved and I have a more positive outlook on life now. My husband and I are also wanting to start a family and I would like for my body to be completely detoxed before we start trying. I am looking for a support group to help through this difficult process.

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:01 PM

I have seen several people mention the "typical" side effects from the flyers: weight gain, decreased libido, etc. I have had the opposite of these. I have lost weight since beginning Cymbalta and my libido is out of control.

I am going to begin weaning off this drug in April. My primary concern is that if I had "opposite" side effects while taking the drug, will I all of a sudden get those problems?

Has anyone else had this kind of issue?

#2 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:29 AM

I have seen several people mention the "typical" side effects from the flyers: weight gain, decreased libido, etc. I have had the opposite of these. I have lost weight since beginning Cymbalta and my libido is out of control.

I am going to begin weaning off this drug in April. My primary concern is that if I had "opposite" side effects while taking the drug, will I all of a sudden get those problems?

Hi Rose

The term 'typical' really just means common. Everyone is wired a little differently so people don't all feel the same side effects. Any side effects you are feeling now will diminish and eventually disappear as you taper. Just make sure your taper is SLOW otherwise you will bring on a range of withdrawal effects and I'm sure you don't want that.

Good luck
Junior

#3 rdoearth

rdoearth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • why_joining:
    Personally weaning off Cymblata

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:14 PM

blueeyesrose

What you are experiencing is known as a PARADOXICAL side effect. Though it is RARE, it still can happen. Not just with this drug, but afaik any SSRI has the potential of causing one. And the most common paradoxical side effect(s)? you got it! Weight LOSS when there is supposed to be a gain, and INCREASED LIBIDO when there is supposed to be a decrease.

For myself, it was Prozac that caused me to have these very same side effects you are having. It was terrible, at 30 years of age and no woman i my life.

I feel for you.

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users