• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pq112570

pq112570

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    stopped taking cymbalta on friday. I was on 120 mg a day. I have just started having brain zaps wondering what is yet to come

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:18 AM

Hi Tammy. Going cold turkey is not recommended as your brain is used to having this drug everyday. You might have to count beads. It will be a long process but weaning yourself off slowly is much better than the alternative. I've been removing an additional 5 beads a day, but some people can only remove 1 or 2 beads a day. You'll know if you are weaning yourself off too fast. Good luck.

What do you mean by count beads?

#2 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:24 AM

Day 3: Not feeling completely terrible yet but had a very hard time sleeping and when I would sleep I would wake up in panic. Also having very vivid dreams. I'm shaking quite a bit and my nerve pain is slowly coming back but livable so far. I should mention that I am going off all meds because I have no faith at this point and if I do go on anything else I will have a clean system to start with.

Tammy, please don't stop all your drugs at the same time. It is dangerous. You will throw yourself into a complete tailspin and will probably wind up in hospital where they will put you on more drugs, which will only complicate your situation further.

The best thing to do is wean from one at a time, slowly.

The symptoms you have described are classic withdrawal and indicate that you have done it too fast. I highly recommend getting back onto ALL the drugs you were taking and giving yourself a week or two to stabilise before beginning your Cymbalta wean. PLEASE CONSIDER THIS. WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS DANGEROUS.

Worried Junior

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users